Scent at the Poly

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by donaldandpirates, Feb 15, 2013.

1. donaldandpirates

donaldandpirates Mouseketeer

Does anyone know of a similar scent (candle, air freshener, etc.) that they use in the lobby of the Poly? I thought I read a while back about a candle from Bath and Body Works, but you can't get it anymore??? I would love to make my house smell like the Poly!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Masonmj84

Masonmj84 DIS Veteran

I looooove that scent!:cloud9:

4. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

I don't know...but if anyone does...I want to get it! :)

5. TaraPA

TaraPA <font color=navy>I will think of that animatronic

Is it some type of aloe vera & floral scent? My friend used to work there, I'm going to email her & see if she knows!

6. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

It definitely has a bit of chlorine mixed in with the floral smell. Only reason I know this is because our local Y pool's dressing rooms remind me of the Poly when I walk through. :laughing:

7. TaraPA

That's the "Disney Water Smell!" I always think "POTC! Maelstrom! Poly!!!" when I smell chlorinated water!!

8. TaraPA

My friend that used to work at Poly said the word "Bamboo" is in the fragrance title, but she can't remember for sure. She thinks it might have been Green Bamboo, and yes, it's pumped in!

9. donaldandpirates

donaldandpirates Mouseketeer

Thanks, everyone! Now I'm off to search for something "Bamboo." :)

10. TaraPA

I work for Yankee Candle (and so did the former CM friend) and we had a scent called Green Bamboo but we both agree it's not that one. She said though that the foliage in the Poly lobby could be mixing with the scent they pump in (makes sense - or scents LOL) :rotfl:

11. lemonpan

lemonpan Mouseketeer

Oh, the scent of the Poly is THE BEST.

I googled "green bamboo" and came up with a company called Scent Air. They list a "green bamboo" but it doesn't look like they sell retail. Drat!

http://www.scentair.com/why-scentair-scents/

12. AndiSlamberg

AndiSlamberg Mouseketeer

There is a thread I can't remember what board it's on but there is a list of scents for almost every ride/major Disney smell. I believe the title is "NEW SCENT ALERT" all in Caps. They have the poly smell there for sure. I was literally reading about it 2 days ago. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but I hope you find it.

13. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

Here it is. :goodvibes
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871411

14. Tiggerrn2

Tiggerrn2 DIS Veteran

You can purchase their small air freshener machine! I bought one in 2008 after returning from a stay at the Beach Club. The scent at the BC was Green Clover and Aloe. This past summer we were enjoying the stay at the Poly and they told me it was Green Bamboo (or Fresh Bamboo). They use this same company for their air fresheners. The machine cost me $80 (I think) and then the refills are sort of pricey, but every once in awhile I need a little Dis pick me up and get one. They are $35. Depending on how much you use the machine and the blower speed you use, the scent lasts around 30-60 days (though I've had it in a closet this winter with the BC scent in it and the whole closet smells like the BC now).

15. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

I bought the Westin version before I found this. My cartridge has lasted at least 1 year because the scent is so concentrated that, at least inn our house, if I run it for a couple of hours and then turn it off, the scent lasts for a few days. It is supposed to only last for 30 days. If I ran it every day, it would be way too much. There are the Disney resorts scents.
    http://www.enviroscent.com/Accscent

16. Tiggerrn2

Tiggerrn2 DIS Veteran

Wow! The refill cost has really gone up! Ah, what some of us will do to bring home a little Disney! :thumbsup2