Scary DL Ferris Wheel...

KatGarcia

Just Keep Swimming.
I sooooooo agree with how scary it is! DH and I walked past it several times on our recent DL trip and argued about going on it. I am personally afraid of heights and when u add in swinging carts (even if u are in a still one) there is no chance I would ever get on it! DH is more adventurous but in the end I won and we kept on walkin!!!!

Lovin the Podcast!

The Wonder Wheel in Coney Island has the same type of cars...the other ones swing back and forth and the ones on the inside are stationary. My aunt took me on the outside cars when I was 12 and I was scared out of my mind :scared1:

I think I would want to experience DCL's version...now that I am older and wiser :rotfl:

I'm rarely afraid of any rides, and I really thought this ferris wheel looked fun--UNTIL I went on it!!!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

When the cars slide down into the center of the wheel, it really feels like they are coming disconnected from the frame, and you get so disoriented that you can't anticipate when it's going to happen. Add to that the fact that there's absolutely NOTHING inside the car to hang onto, and it's terrifying.

My DS still laughs about my screaming, "LET US OFF!!!!!" as we passed the CM operating the ride. Somehow, it seems like we got an extra-long ride after that...:rolleyes1

I think the stationery cars would be just fine.

I guess I'm the minority because I've been on the DCA Ferris Wheel probably close to 10 times ad I've only been in the moving cars and I've never had a problem with them. oh well..to each his own..

--Mr. DB

I love scary rides, but when I ride the sun wheel, I always wish that seatbelts, or handle bars are provided!!! I don't think they are lacking security, but for passanger peace of mind, a handle bar would be much appreciated!!! :lmao:

I've been on just about every ride inside DL and California Adventure, besides that darn ferris wheel. I can handle heights if you go fast and get it over quickly like on Tower but that ferris wheel goes too slow and the carts move way too much for me.:rotfl:

Okay ... this will get me killed if my DH sees it but check this out - lol!!!!

DSCF0132.jpg

and no...I dont believe he was faking it. and no....we werent even on the moving cars. So keep that in mind if you want to ride this thing. LOL:rotfl2:

I've been on that attraction a few times now and it's one of the strangest sensations I've ever experienced. It's kind of like childbirth...you forget just how bad it is until you're going through it again!!!

Okay, okay --

I've been on this attraction several times, and other than the first time, when we were caught totally off guard, I don't think it's scary at all. Fun ... but not scary.

I think you guys need to come out here again and try it ... a few times.

Of course I want to go, too, and I want to have my camera at the ready. ;)

When we lived in so. calif. the 1st time we went to CA after it opened we road the sun wheel, in the swinging gondola thinking there would be something, somewhere to hold on to. Nope! I too was doing the spiderman thing just trying to hold on. :rotfl: Never, ever again till they put in some type of hand grips.

I'm so glad I saw this thread and that I'm not the only one freaked out by that sensation! I am a thrill ride lover, not much scares me.. but I was SO not prepared for the Sun Wheel sensation. I would probably ride it again, just for the adrenaline rush, but I was scared, too!!:eek:

The first time I went on it...it was thrilling! Definitely scary because I didn't expect the carts to move and seem like I was going to go straight off of the rail, but it was still fun! <br>
SUNWHEEL.jpg

We love the :sunny: wheel too but only ride the non-swing gondolas. We hadn't riden it in awhile and about a year ago I took DD7 on it. She hated it. (it wasn't her first time either) so now we ride the non-moving ones and actually it's pretty cool because you go highest on the non-swinging ones. :goodvibes

I refuse to go on the Sun Wheel of Death, it is just way to high! All of the kids like it though.

I went on that ride and thought I was going to throw up. And I'm a roller coaster junkie! No way no how am I ever going on the death wheel again.

Well since all of this talk of the "wheel of terror" I had to go look up a picture for myself. Ds and I agree we just have to give that a try. So we are switching to DL instead of WDW next year.

I'm sure while I'm trying to grip on to something for dear life I will be thinking "why didn't I listen to the Pod groupies?":rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter