SB:Eyelet ?

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by aurora19, May 28, 2003.

1. aurora19

aurora19 <font color=FF66CC>The Tag Fairy apologizes sincer

I seem to be having a problem setting my eyelets. Often one side "crushes" partially obscuring the hole. What am I doing wrong???

2. Timon

Timon DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Are you by any chance using Magic Scraps eyelets??

Depending on what material your eyelets are made out of, they may be harder to flatten. The ones I got from Magic Scraps are very hard and difficult to set and I have ruined many pages using them!

I like the Making Memories eyelets! They are softer and easier to set without ripping your paper!

3. DMoss3377

DMoss3377 Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful

Sometimes I find with the harder to set eyelets, that I need to lighten up on the hammering when I'm setting them. I tend to hammer a couple times to spread the back out using my setter, then hammering gently to flatten without my setter in place. Every now and then I will still over hammer and the eyelet smushes in on itself, covering the hole, but usually if there is any deformity, it's only a slight one.

If you're finding you're having a hard time setting an eyelet, it really should only take a couple of good whacks...try looking at the surface you're hammering on. I've gone to crops where the tables give too much or aren't sturdy enough to handle the hammering, so I get down on the floor to do it. I have much better results in those instances. :)

Hope that helps.

4. pattyT

pattyT DIS Veteran

what is the surface you are working on?

I can't use my scrapping table for eyelets- it is to soft (plexiglass on wood) and the same thing happens. I have to go to the kitchen counter and I have a corian cutting board - that works much better for me
    HTH
    PattyT