Say Good-bye to some of your favorite characters

JessicaR please could i use your pic or green gob etc for my website to save the USF actors much appreciated

Matt -

Originally posted by JessicaR
I'm actually trying to get a trip together before Sept 5th now.

Well, if your looking into that, and Barry said something in the other thread about taking in a Wild Wild Wild West show before it's gone, maybe we should put together a meet to see these characters and show off. Or maybe protest it.

-Kevin

Something needs to be done. First of all I think those actors are extremely talented and a great bunch of people. Ok so I haven't had an annual pass for the longest time and this show is slightly new to me (I have seen it 15 times), I think this is a wonderful show. I guess it is old a MIGHT , key word, have to go but the actors should live on. I think this is a very fast change. I mean so much for people who are coming down for the holidays. And let's not forget the MIB guys. I thought they are really cool. It brings that ride to life like you are in the actual thing instead of it just being a ride. They make really good photo sales when they go on with the people.

I signed the petition. I hope it works! I love the characters. I can't imagine why they think they aren't popular. There were always lines to see them. The only character I saw who had no line was Woody Woodpecker at IOA one day. To the person who asked about the Kong souvenirs, I saw some Kongfrontation magnets there earlier this week.

The only characters I would even want to see would be from the Jay Ward shows (Bullwinkle, Rocky, Boris, Natasha...). Sadly, people just aren't that interested in those. To the point where Universal staff people went on a rant when I asked about related merchandise last summer. :(

I love the mib agents. They bring that ride to life. Plus I can't comprehend why they are getting rid of the characters that actually have rides. Why not get rid of Crash Bandacoot and vacation woody woodpecker in the port of entry. Or rogue.

For those wondering whose jobs would be lost next at Uni, wonder no more:

>>>Top executives forced out at Universal Orlando

The Associated Press

Two long-serving top executives at Universal Orlando lost their jobs
Tuesday as part of an organizational reshuffling.

The jobs of Rick Larson, vice president of staffing and
administration, and Randy McCann, senior vice president of food
services, were eliminated by the theme park resort. Less than a dozen
other positions ranging from clerical to management also were
eliminated.

"We're making some organizational changes and in the process a number
of positions have been eliminated," said Jim Canfield, a Universal
spokesman.

The job eliminations had nothing to do with softness in Orlando's
tourism market, Canfield said.

During his tenure, Larson oversaw the hiring of workers as Universal
Orlando expanded from a single theme park to a theme park resort with
two parks, three hotels and a restaurant-entertainment complex.

McCann played an important role as Universal expanded its food-
offerings with the opening of CityWalk in 1999. The restaurant-
entertainment complex includes Emeril's Restaurant, Jimmy Buffet's
Margaritaville, Latin Quarter, NASCAR Cafe, NBA Restaurant and Pat
O'Brien's.<<<

The good news is that these cuts won't have an immediate direct effect on guest relations, but you have to imagine that with Rick Larson being let go it does not signal the chance of Uni doing any major hiring anytime soon. :(

While it is a severe shame that people are possibly going to lose their job over this, I think it's wildly inappropriate to play the "ah, why couldn't it have been ______" game. It doesn't matter which character it is, the discontinuation of that character means that a Universal employee just got screwed.

So while I agree that there are other characters who are less relevant to the overall park scheme of things, I'd prefer to hope no one else suffers as a result of these cutbacks.

That was my serious response.

On the other hand : did someone say get rid of Rogue?!? Dude, one of those Rogues is REALLLY hot (though I've seen another one who doesn't quite click).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter