Say Bye-Bye To The iasw Goodbyes

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by WEDWDW, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Sugardimples

Sugardimples DIS Veteran

No tears here. The signs were nothing but cardboard cutouts. Time to move on to something else.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MrsDuck

MrsDuck DIS Veteran

This sounds really cool! I'm into it!

4. parkhopping

parkhopping DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

Once again, I raise you Test Track and its new technology. The car you design is supposed to show up on the screen at various points throughout the ride. I've ridden it 3 times and that has yet to happen. I also haven't heard of anyone observing this working correctly. A prime example of Disney rolling out something big before fixing all the bugs. I certainly hope I'm wrong about IASW, but I don't have high hopes for it working consistently. I wish they would leave well enough alone.

5. pyrxtc

pyrxtc <font color=deeppink>Married 10-5-02<br><font colo

not keen on the idea that those bracelets will tell every scanner everything. It should see you as a number. I don't think every scanner needs to know who you are. how are the celebrities gonna do it ? How will they pronounce everyone in the boat ? It's not like it's a single rider or even double rider boat.

6. ttintagel

ttintagel DIS Veteran

Also the touch screens in Spaceship Earth. They have only been working about half the times I've ridden.

7. ttintagel

ttintagel DIS Veteran

:lmao:

8. Pumbaa7287

Pumbaa7287 I am the great Stone Dragon!

My first thought as well. Hopefully they figure out a way to get the pronounciations done better, although if they're reading it straight off the ID's then I won't be able to give joke names like we used to on ET.

9. michsig

michsig DIS Veteran

10. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

No disappointment. Happy to see they are adding it in. I don't really compare the two other than if I want roller coasters and thrill rides, we'll spend a day at US. If not, we stay at Disney the whole trip.

I think these types of things will make the rides a little more fun.

11. gardener14

gardener14 Mouseketeer

Why are people assuming that riders' names will be integrated into the audio? I'm assuming that riders' names will be integrated into the goodbye signs in some new form.

12. atp

atp Mouseketeer

I thought the same thing. Not the disappointment part necessarily, I just immeadiately thought that it sounds a lot like the E.T ride I went to as a child 20 years ago.

It's still nice I guess, I'm sure children will enjoy it. But it doesn't seem like it will be anything new or unique. Maybe they'll add something else to it other than just saying goodbye to you using your name?

13. Mickey'sApprentice

Mickey'sApprentice Shamelessly demand, it works bette

We were there 2 weeks ago and the goodbye room was already cleaned out. I don't understand why they had to go but such is life.

14. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Sweetie, maybe you could consider that some of us have probably been going to WDW since before you were born. We've seen more than a few instances of Disney rolling out a new, and very expensive, feature and then have watched as it promptly fell over and twitched.

Yes, many times they have come up with something new and shiny and it works and everyone jumps up and down and cheers. But they also had things like the yeti. And Test Trak (both it's initial rollout and this new incarnation). The iffy functioning of the screens on Spaceship Earth. Almost every single web "upgrade" has been fraught with bugs. This latest one has been a nightmare from the get go.

And because so much of the Next Gen plusses are tied to a fully functional and bug free computer controlled system, those of us who have experienced previous problems can pretty much assume with confidence that there will be problems. It's kind of like when my DH straps on his tool belt and announces his next DIY project. I just smile and then go check the contents of the first aid kit.

15. wrenfamily

wrenfamily Earning My Ears

Since the Small World boats hold 20 or more people (I've been seated with 4 adults per row...5 rows...), I'm wondering how they'll pull this off. Will everyone listen to 20 or more names?

And how long before teens start being silly and working profanity or inappropriate suggestions into their "names"? Definitely sounds like something my friends would've done. I guess Disney has already thought of all of this and plans to stay on top of it.

16. Here4mydisneyfix

Here4mydisneyfix Andrew Sutton, you genious man, you! She will reme

17. LockShockBarrel

LockShockBarrel Pudge controls the weather.

As to using Ipads in the park for apps? Sure, why not? To read or check email? Again...go for it. But it's rude to hold up this big bright screen that blocks other's view and could be worse than flash photography for the other passengers in a ride due to it constantly being on rather than intermittent flashes.

18. GreenCntryGirl

GreenCntryGirl The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Well, here's a way to make people more likely to choose this as a FP+ reservation! Change a classic. :)

19. disneywithfive

disneywithfive Mouseketeer

Not crazy about the change. My children look for the sign in their native language. No armband or RFID ticket will tell the computer that.

20. maccalovah

maccalovah Mouseketeer

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like when they mess with the classics like this. I'm really glad I rode this a few weeks ago before they started with the changes....

21. rebeccaariel

rebeccaariel DIS Veteran

Was the condescension really necessary here? This why I don't bother posting much. The rudeness on this board is unbelievable. And from self-proclaimed adults!

I was trying to have a polite discussion, which was going quite nicely until this. Clearly I had unreasonable expectations.