Savannah/courtyard View Worth It?

Coconuts

DIS Veteran
AKL and WL both have bunk bed rooms available for my dates in January, and there are savannah and courtyard view rooms available for extra money. Are the views worth it? :confused3 Do you see any animals on the savannah? :confused: What are you looking at in the courtyard?:3dglasses

Savannah view is DEFINITELY worth every penny!!!! We just left there saturday and are now at CSR. There are animals out 24/7. They close each savannah for only a few hours each day while they clean up after the animals so for the most part everytime you look out your window there is some sort of animal there day or night. I can post some pics from last week for you if you'd like.

Savannah view is DEFINITELY worth every penny!!!! We just left there saturday and are now at CSR. There are animals out 24/7. They close each savannah for only a few hours each day while they clean up after the animals so for the most part everytime you look out your window there is some sort of animal there day or night. I can post some pics from last week for you if you'd like.

WOW! That sounds great; I would love to see the pics. I am so jealous that you are in WDW for 23 days?!!!! :faint: Thanks for the input. Also, does AKL have daybeds like the monorail resorts?:confused:

standard view at both resorts dont offer bunkbeds anyway, you have to have either pool view or courtyard view to get the bunkbeds

All of these shots were from my balcony on the arusha savanna. I have tons more!! Our room did not have a daybed in it. Last year it did but we were put in a King bed room. So I don't think any of them have a daybed in with the two queen beds but i could be wrong. ENJOY!

wide shot of savanna view
f6b3e598.jpg

antelope and ankole cattle
44d063b0.jpg

zebra and giraffe
d4272bd1.jpg

greater kudu
113.jpg

ankole cattle
117.jpg

Thanks for the pics and info. I never wanted to stay at AKL before but I am slowly changing my mind.:scratchin

AKL Savannah View is terrific...we did it once and it was one of our favorite stays on property.

I'm not so sure I'd stay there without that view...and in fact, we are doing it again next summer!

:thumbsup2

Definitely get the Savannah view if you can. Granted we got a complimentary upgrade to that view, I was willing to pay for it anyway. It completely made our trip. :thumbsup2

I booked a standard room once and was upgraded to a Pool View. I was not happy at all, knowing their were ANANAMALS out there and I wasn't able to see them without leaving my room.

I went down and upgraded to the Savannah view and was very happy I did.

For us the view is worth the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter