Sat Sep 03, 2016 7-Night Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth and Castaway Cay From Port Canaveral

Happy Monday Everyone!! We will be booking our cruise in a few weeks...waiting on that darn tax return LOL. This will be my 5th Disney Cruise..3 on the Magic and 1 on the Dream. This cruise will be a little bittersweet :(. Normally it is me, hubby, and our 4 still at home kids. This time however it will be my oldest daughter "Courtnie" who is 33 [I was 17 when I had her :rolleyes1] her hubby "Jerry" and my three grand kids. Heaven will be 9, Damascus will be 6 and Arella will be a few weeks shy of 3....the potty training is in full effect lol. I am going for 4 basic reasons. 1-they would have to book 2 cabins anyway and pay for double occupancy for the second cabin...even if there is just 1 of them in there. 2-I get so be there with them on their very first cruise. 3-Extra set of hands/eyes and free babysitting lol & 4-I have lots of DCL :lovestrucknowledge that they are taking advantage of LOL. This will be there very first Disney Cruise, but my oldest daughters 3rd cruise total. My hubby is not thrilled :crazy2: that he will be "stuck" at home with the 4 other kids....but with 3 in High School and the cruise in Sept there is zero way they could come....Our school starts back the first week of August.

I can't wait to get to know all of you, join the fish extender exchange, and get to making my magnets...which by the way do we have a group name yet?

Hi!! We're going on the same cruise :). How do we join a fish extender exchange? I'm new to this obviously!!

Hi!! We're going on the same cruise :). How do we join a fish extender exchange? I'm new to this obviously!!
Usually either the "owner" of this thread or someone in the thread starts the exchange and keeps track of all the info.. I have no idea if we have an exchange or if we do who is in charge. LOL hopefully we both will find out soon. :)

Usually either the "owner" of this thread or someone in the thread starts the exchange and keeps track of all the info.. I have no idea if we have an exchange or if we do who is in charge. LOL hopefully we both will find out soon. :)
Thanks!!! I hope so too because it sounds like a lot of fun!!

Yes, people started one for this cruise. However, if you read the post from one of the admins from Disboards on page one of this thread, they removed all the posts discussing it from the board here. I believe most of those people are also no longer members here now.
So if they're deleted where do we go to join? Sorry if this has been asked 10000 times or if it's a stupid question

So if they're deleted where do we go to join? Sorry if this has been asked 10000 times or if it's a stupid question
You can set up your own FE group here directly on DISboards. That's the reasoning behind not allowing other social media site links. DISboards webmasters want to keep DISboards people on DISboards. When there were no limits to links, basically, people would come onto a newly started Cruise Meet thread and say "We're all over on XXX site, come join us". Pretty much gutting any DISboards groups.

Setting up FE group

It appears there are a number of you who are interested in a Fish Extender group. There isn't one currently set up here on DISboards. Here's a little write up on how FE groups are set up:

There really are no "rules" as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private), or directly on the Cruise Meet thread, to confirm everyone on it is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about"anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped"at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as the reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other "biggie" is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

As it seems there are a few here on your cruise meet thread who would be interested in doing this, who’s going to step up and volunteer to maintain the list?

I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations and don't have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test board to post and up your post count.http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

I can try to organize an FE on here if no one else "steps up". I've never organized one but I've participated in many over the years. I can also answer FE questions if any "newbies" have anything they need clarified or don't fully understand. :)

Hate to say it, but we have decided to cancel. The school district altered the calendar, and we just don't want to pull the kids out now that it is further into the year. I hope you all enjoy the cruise!

Hi Eveyone,

I organized an FE group last year on the Disney Dream. If no one has started one yet for this board, I will be happy to organize it. Someone let me know . If it has been started, can someone send me the info? Thanks

Bryan

Looks like only 171 days, 16 hours and 57 minutes till we walk onto the ship!!! Yes, I'm excited LOL

Now for all you experience cruisers, DH and I have only been on one cruise ever and it was on the Magic. The Fantasy is huge compared to the Magic. Do you ever feel crowded or overwhelmed by the amount of people on the ship? Just wondering if its going to be a challenge to navigate the ship (we already plan on taking stairs everywhere as on the Magic, the elevators took forever!). Also, how do the clubs work? DD will be turning 5 on the cruise and will she be able to go to the OC or OL or do they fill up with the amount of kids on board? i would hate to have it always at capacity and have to take her only during open house times. Newbie questions, sorry.

Hi ,

The ship is well laid out. You will not feel crowed or overwhelmed. We've been on several cruises and have never had any trouble with the elevators being too overcrowded except maybe at embarkation and debarkation. Your kids will be able to visit the club anytime they want. The clubs are huge and there is always plenty of room. I've never seen nor heard of any kid ever being turned away. Open house only means that the parents can come visit the club to see whats in there. You will also be able to go in to the club to pick up your child when they are finished playing. The youth staff are fantastic.

Bryan

I'll go ahead and start a new FE group for anyone interested. Here's a couple of links for newbies who may be interested. If you would like to be added please add your info to this board and also email me directly to burghball@aol.com. The list will close about 3 weeks prior to the cruise so everyone will have time to finalize their gifts. I will keep the list limited to 15 cabins. Please list your last name, cabin #, names of kids and age, and the following codes. I will ask everyone to confirm their participation about 2 weeks prior to the cruise. Please update us if you need to cancel your cruise or if you change cabins so we can keep the list up to date. Thanks!
DH = Disney Husband
DW = Disney Wife
DD = Disney Daughter
DS = Disney Son

IDEAS FOR FISH EXTENDERS (FE)
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

* Please follow rules for FE.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/
Please note, you may not use this forum as a place to advertise for your company per the rules for FE Exchange.

9080- Binneys
DH - Bryan
DW - Lena
DD - Nicole - 12
DS - Sean - 5

Thanks for taking the FE reins! Will you please add us to the list? :)

7673 - Peters

DH - Aaron
DW - Amanda
DS - Matthew 14
DS - Nicholas 12

No problem....you're added. :)

I just started a Facebook group for our cruise as well. Do a search for Disney fantasy September 3 2016. Ask to join and I'll get you added

It's your lucky day

Halloween on the High Seas takes place on the following sail dates:

Disney Magic: October 2 – 29
Disney Fantasy: September 3 – October 29
Disney Dream: September 2 – October 31

Set sail for a spooky jubilee packed with haunted tricks and fun-filled treats for everyone in the family.

Discover magical mischief and spirited surroundings as you commemorate Halloween on the high seas. This spook-tacular experience is available on most itineraries departing late September through Halloween. Thrills and chills await you at every turn, thanks to not-so-scary parties, eerie entertainment and bewitching décor—including an evolving Halloween Tree that eerily transforms throughout your cruise.

Unearth some festive entertainment that awaits you during this ghoulish cruise:

Mickey's Mouse-querade Party
Shiver in delight during a scare-a-bration alive with ghoulish games, trick-or-treating, dancing and some favorite Disney Pals bedecked in Halloween attire.
Halloween Activities
Unearth frightful fun for the entire family, including mask-making and pumpkin-carving.
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing and Scream
It’s “Season’s Screamings” during this interactive movie experience, followed by a meet-and-greet with Jack and Sally.
Haunted Stories of the Sea
Listen to a ghost story or two during an eerie campfire-style storytelling experience on deck.
Halloween Isn't Just for Kids
Shudder and shake at this adults-only party that includes a costume contest.

And even more spooky surprises await you onboard! Be sure to pack your favorite costumes and get ready for happy haunts.

Does anyone know if this cruise is a Halloween cruise?

I had been wondering this too!

It's your lucky day

Halloween on the High Seas takes place on the following sail dates:

Disney Magic: October 2 – 29
Disney Fantasy: September 3 – October 29
Disney Dream: September 2 – October 31

You just made my day!!! I think I'll keep this tidbit to myself and let it be a surprise to my boys. Eeeks, so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter