Saratoga Springs Groceries

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by billylen, Aug 10, 2012.

1. billylen

billylen Mouseketeer

I know I will come off cheap here but I have a question about shopping for groceries.

I was blessed enough to trade into Saratog Spring Resort. I will not rent a car (no need) and the grocery delivery services seem expensive. Is there any bus transportation that will take me to a local grocery stor for some quick shopping>

Any suggestions are aappreciated!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 3 Hobbits 2 Disney

3 Hobbits 2 Disney Working Our Way Home

To my knowledge there is no way to go grocery shopping other then if you have a car. SSR has a small grocery section in Artist's Palette, but it is really for "filler" stuff they you either forgot or ran out of.

I recommend that you use WeGoShop -- the delivery fee is based on the amount spent. They shop at local grocery stores and score you good deals on the products you want and (usually) the brand that you specify. They also deliver at your preferred time right to your kitchen counter...no lugging bags. We've used them for several years and have never had a problem.

Enjoy your trip!

:)

4. abdgeek

abdgeek DIS Veteran

Depending on what you want, SSR will have a small grocery store there(eggo waffles, eggs, milk, cereal, water, drinks, bagels, oatmeal, etc.). You can take the WDW bus to DTD West Side and walk across the street to the Hess Station--I'm not sure what there breakfast section would have but I have gotten a 24 pk of bottled water for $5. You can also take the city bus to Crossroads Shopping Center(I think that's the name--it's on hotel row which ends right at DTD). There is a grocery store there, but I've heard the prices are high.

5. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

The grocery store at the Crossroads is Goodings. It used to live up to its name, GOOD. Now it is horrid and a waste of time to even go there.

6. famgel

famgel Mouseketeer

7. billylen

billylen Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for the responses!

8. dixiegirl76

dixiegirl76 Earning My Ears

I second on garden grocer

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

9. jennylyn_b

jennylyn_b Disney Fan for Life :)

Garden grocer! We use them everytime and they are wonderful.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android