Saratoga Springs for 1st time

jellojatdisney

Mouseketeer
I just booked 2 nights at Saratoga Springs before Disney Cruise in 2 weeks. We have never stayed there before. For those of you who know it and love it - please share with me anything that would be helpful to know. Not doing the parks but just want to enjoy the resort. Is there a location that I should ask for? Would like to be able to walk to pool. Will have DD10 and DD8 with me. Any special activities there that we shouldn't miss. Thanks in advance.

If you want to be close enough to walk to DTD ask for Congress Park. Congress Park has great views too usually. If you want to be close to the Spa and food court Artists' Palette and the main pool ask for The Springs section. They have a great Community Hall for the kids if you would like that sort of thing. The new feature Paddock Pool in The Paddock section is very nice, I would ask to be near that. There is also a food area there. People also seem to enjoy and ask for The Grandstand area. It seems kind of remote to me but I have never stayed there. You can also take the boat to and from DTD. It's located behind the Turf Club restaurant. They have pool parties and activities every day also.

We love SSR and hope you enjoy your stay!!

We stayed there last October and did not do any parks. We really enjoyed renting bikes and taking a tour around the resort on the bikes.

I always request the Grandstand when I stay at SS. It has a small pool and is an easy walk to the main building for food or another pool. If you're getting on the WDW bus, this is the first stop.

I've also stayed in the Paddock(not by choice) and didn't care for it. To me, it was too far a walk to the main building for breakfast in the morning(about a 10-15 min walk). You can catch the bus to the main building, but after staying in the Grandstand I didn't find the Paddock as convenient.

With kids we're big fans of the Springs. Close to High Rocks pool and Community center with lots of activities for the kids. Boat to DTD is very close too.

When we were there they had evening movies that you watch from the pool.

Enjoy!

I always request the Grandstand when I stay at SS. It has a small pool and is an easy walk to the main building for food or another pool. If you're getting on the WDW bus, this is the first stop.

I've also stayed in the Paddock(not by choice) and didn't care for it. To me, it was too far a walk to the main building for breakfast in the morning(about a 10-15 min walk). You can catch the bus to the main building, but after staying in the Grandstand I didn't find the Paddock as convenient.

Grandstand is much more convienent to the main building, some of Grandstand is actually closer to the main restaurants than the Springs. I too, would not like to regularly walk from Paddock to AP to eat.
But it seems they do now serve breakfast at the Paddock Pool. Its not Mickey waffles so i would still make 1 trip to AP.. I would now be interested in staying at Paddock, and Carousel doesn't seem as bad, either. From allears: (since wdwinfo does not list Paddock in the restaurant menus)

http://allears.net/menu/menu_paddock.htm
Paddock Pool
Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa

Menu Date: August 2011
Breakfast - open til 11am
French Toast served with bacon $5.29
Bounty Platter - scrambled eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes, croissant, and french toast $8.29
Grilled Ham, egg, and cheddar croissant sandwich $5.99
Assorted Danish $2.39
Chocolate Croissant $2.79
Bagel with Cream Cheese $2.59
Assorted Muffins $2.59
Fruit Cup $3.39

Is there a time limit to how far in advance you need to make a request? We only have 2 weeks but now that I know so much I really want to request.

You can add it to your reservation via the on-line system, call Member Services, or wait and do it upon arrival (which is what I did last time).

It's a fab resort...very kid friendly. The Community Hall, pools, movies, etc., are all a great way to spend some pre-cruise time.

Enjoy!

Yes but there is no guarantee. We have stayed in the Grandstand area twice, specifically #8501-8836. Right across street from the Main pool, restaurants, lobby, etc. First stop for buses going into parks and first to be let off. Perfect location also a small pool right outside building.

7 days and counting for our first trip. We worked with both Member Services and the Front Desk to request specific locations and they were fantastic. We have a special needs son and we go to WDW every year. This by far was the easiest our requests have ever been done. We can't wait.

I am here now. We are actually checking out this morning. My dd and her friend did all the parks and I decided not to do any parks this trip since I will be back in early December. I had a great time relaxing. My normal daily walks in the morning, breakfast in the room and lounging by the pool for most of the day.

Evening was either DTD, Contemporary/Top of the World Lounge and the Boarwalk area.

I did request Springs, near pool. This is my first time here. I was definitely overwhelmed once here. So many paths :)

From walking in the morning, I did find my way around and realize that as spread out as it is, there are definitely some remote areas but walking to wherever you need to go, is usually a few minutes walk. If I stay here again, I would choose Springs and second choice Congress Park. It really is a personal preference. Some poeple prefer more action/activities and some prefer an area less quiet/less traffic.

We just returned from my second stay in the Grandstand - great pool with splash area for kids and a refill station very close to all the buildings there, great to get on bus before it fills up and get dropped off first as well, and only a two minute walk to the ferry to DTD or to the Carriage House/main pool/community hall. We didn't do parks, just relaxed by the pool, and this pool was the best to lay around and read our books. We requested Grandstand before we arrived, and when we checked in we asked which buildings/rooms were available and picked where we wanted to be.

I would recommend the Springs, near both pools and the Community Hall CM's are great, lots of activities for the kids.

We are at the Paddock as we speak in the holding right next to the Paddock Pool and loving it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter