Sarah & Brandon's Swan/Il Mulino 04.28.12**The not so good stuff**

Which Hair Accessory?

• [img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7176/6780518260_186f66c914.jpg[/img]

• [img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7181/6926673779_3f3d6ff04b.jpg[/img]

• [img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7042/6926673659_b2ea358c82.jpg[/img]

• [img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7041/6926636353_aa4e539ae2.jpg[/img]

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yay for getting the dessert party contract! That is great that you'll have pictures too, they come out so pretty with the fireworks in the background. I don't blame you for adding the music in, and I agree about the $500 charge, ridic if you ask me!

I love the first purse, it is so pretty! The second is really cute too and has more a vintage feel. The first one is more fun IMO.

Basically all of my H's family are not going to the parks either. It bums me out too.

For welcome bags I've assembled all I can at home and I'll add the water bottles when we get there. Right now that can still squish kind of flat so they're easier to travel with. I'm all about not giving myself too much to do when I get there so I can enjoy my trip!

Good luck at the fitting! How exciting!

The soaps are really nice, I like that you can personalize them.

Wooohoo for 68 more days, I didn't realize you were so close!

Hi Sarah! Loving all your stuff and it's coming up soooooo soon. I like the first clutch--the one from Nordstroms. Its so feminine...

Thank you! It does have a nice girly flair to it! Don't have to tell me twice :lmao:

Hi Sarah, I've just started following along your trip report. We are just waiting for Erica at Il Mulino to get back to us on a few things then we should be good to book our swan wedding in!

I would like to know, if you dont nond at all, which menu & wine you have decided to go with. I think we are looking at the $55 pp meal. I'm a little bit concerned about the cost of the wines so I'm waiting to hear back if we can just pay on the night by the glass?

I really love both purses that you posted but I love the etsy one. Don't they have some great stuff on there!
I can't wait to keep following along with your wedding plans :)

Welcome and congrats on getting started on your own Swan wedding! I have loved working with Erica, so you are in good hands :)

We selected the $65 menu, though they did deduct $5 in lew of using our own wedding cake instead of the restaraunts desserts. So $60 was our final cost. We decided not to add any appetizers since we went with the bigger menu. We also requested that there be bread at the table (not sure if that is standard since we requested it, so if you want it, ask!)

They are very flexible with wine and alcohol. You basically set your limits. If you want to cap at a certain number of bottles, or dollar amount, whatever. What we set up was a selected red and white and we are letting our guests order beer and cocktails from the regular menu just no top shelf liquor. We have also been asked to be notified if the bill hits a specific dollar amount. Do bear in mind that their wine prices are exorbitant at nearly 3.5 times bottle price. Oddly enough for us, with such high liquor prices in Washington State, those who order cocktails will probably be cheaper than those drinking our preselected wines (it doesn't hurt that my DH selected some very nice bottles :laughing:)

Yay for getting the dessert party contract! That is great that you'll have pictures too, they come out so pretty with the fireworks in the background. I don't blame you for adding the music in, and I agree about the $500 charge, ridic if you ask me!

I love the first purse, it is so pretty! The second is really cute too and has more a vintage feel. The first one is more fun IMO.

Basically all of my H's family are not going to the parks either. It bums me out too.

For welcome bags I've assembled all I can at home and I'll add the water bottles when we get there. Right now that can still squish kind of flat so they're easier to travel with. I'm all about not giving myself too much to do when I get there so I can enjoy my trip!

Good luck at the fitting! How exciting!

The soaps are really nice, I like that you can personalize them.

Wooohoo for 68 more days, I didn't realize you were so close!

Oh Jilian, I'm glad someone else is having family members sit out of the fun! My heart broke a little when I heard that today. Not that it's good to have people not visit the parks, but that I have someone who understands me ;)

It's a great suggestion to do most of the bags from home. DH was concerned about the time commitment to do it once we are there. And he reminded me that since we are flying there first class, an extra bag to bring them wouldnt be an issue. Plus it gives us an empty bag to bring stuff home for the honeymoon! So I think I will do them ahead of time, makes it easier in the long run.

Hooray for the dessert party contract! That is so very exciting I know how you feel when we got ours I was very excited.

I also love your shoes!

Teresa

While I like the ruffles on the Nordstrom one, I do like the uniqueness of the Etsy one. I'm no help on this, am I? :laughing:

Those soaps are really nifty! I like that you can get them personalized.

Totally get you on being bummed out on family members not wanting to go to the parks. Doug's mom doesn't plan on going to the parks outside of the one day we're doing dinner at Le Cellier because she's convinced that it's just all rides, and there's no telling her otherwise. :confused3

67 days! :woohoo:

Hooray for the dessert party contract! That is so very exciting I know how you feel when we got ours I was very excited.

I also love your shoes!

Teresa

Thanks, Teresa!! It is so nice to get the contract. Now I just have to wait to hear back on the questions I asked. I gotta say, the very few things I've had to deal with Disney on (Minnie and Mickey and my Dessert party) have been a huge pain. I wait days and days and days to get vague responses that always turn into more emails. Just so glad the rest of the wedding is being done with Just Marry, they have been so wonderful.

While I like the ruffles on the Nordstrom one, I do like the uniqueness of the Etsy one. I'm no help on this, am I? :laughing:

Those soaps are really nifty! I like that you can get them personalized.

Totally get you on being bummed out on family members not wanting to go to the parks. Doug's mom doesn't plan on going to the parks outside of the one day we're doing dinner at Le Cellier because she's convinced that it's just all rides, and there's no telling her otherwise. :confused3

67 days! :woohoo:

I know, it is a tough choice! My dress is full lace so I do like the lace detail on the second one and I'm a vintage queen so it does seem fitting. But the ruffles seem so...fun! Oh who knows.

I'm having to just roll over on the parks, every time I bring up all the mobility options and accommodations that Disney makes for everyone I get met with a brick wall. So I will go and enjoy myself and hope that those not coming into the parks will still have a good time doing whatever else it is that they decide to do.

67 DAYS! OMG! :woohoo:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course today I have a larger list that I had yesterday. I need to call three Epcot restaurants to confirm that we can have some larger dinners where we are all seated together. Anyone ever had an issue with this before? I've never had to make larger reservations before. Most are between 7-12 people. Hopefully it goes off without a hitch!

OK folks, I need some help deciding on my hair / hair accessories.

I will be wearing my hair up. Probably a much more poorly executed version of this :cutie:

I will have a finger tip length veil with a elbow length blusher in the front. I'm not doing a necklace, and I have some chandelier earrings. I'm stuck now on what I want IN my hair. This has been an ongoing debate with myself for MONTHS. I think (who knows) that I have narrowed it down to wanting pins of some type that we can place in my hair a bit randomly as it looks best that day. Especially since I am not doing a trial run, I want something that is a bit flexible depending on what happens with my hair that day.

So next up I will post a survey of the 4 I am looking at. Would love everyone's vote and feedback!!

Hey,

To be fair I liked all your choices... I chose number 3. but I also like number 1.

:lovestruc all very pretty.

xxx

I didn't vote because I'm indecisive but I like #1 and #4 best. Leaning more towards #4. I think it depends on your personality and style. #1 has a very flower child/free spirit look and # 4 looks more elegant with a little bit of fun.

hiya, joining in!

Love the engagent story and it was wonderful of a stranger to capture the moment for you.

The bouquet inspiration pic looks lovely.

Wow! your ring is stunning, very beautiful.

I love your save the dates/invites, they're great and very fitting.

Cute flower girl dresses. :lovestruc Bless Pearl for thinking you and her were getting married, thats so adorable and funny at the same time.

Your shoes are very pretty

I voted for number 4 on your poll, it's just so nice, pretty, elegant... I do like the first one too but I think number 4 has the edge.

looking forward to hearing more xxx

I can't tell you how many times I scrolled up and down, trying to choose between 1 and 4. :laughing: 4 ultimately won my vote.

hiya, joining in!

Love the engagent story and it was wonderful of a stranger to capture the moment for you.

The bouquet inspiration pic looks lovely.

Wow! your ring is stunning, very beautiful.

I love your save the dates/invites, they're great and very fitting.

Cute flower girl dresses. :lovestruc Bless Pearl for thinking you and her were getting married, thats so adorable and funny at the same time.

Your shoes are very pretty

I voted for number 4 on your poll, it's just so nice, pretty, elegant... I do like the first one too but I think number 4 has the edge.

looking forward to hearing more xxx

Thank you so much!! It was pretty amazing that we got the engagement captured by a total stranger! Thanks for reading through this all :)

Thank you everyone SO much for your votes! :goodvibes The winning option was #4! The pink cherry blossoms with the big flower. I ordered it on Etsy and can't wait to see it in person! I don't know how I would have ever made that decision on my own :rotfl:

Now I'm stuck with this dang poll in my thread though. I had no idea you couldn't remove it once you were done :confused3 So after crawling the boards I think I might have been able to request a moderator remove it. We shall see. If I have to create a new PJ to be rid of the poll I will be pretty bummed out...

So on Saturday I did get a chance to pick up my dress! It was amazing how much different it looked in my size! I still have some inches to remove (from myself lol) before it will fit completely, but its dang close. So I will call it a victory. I'll post pictures soon!!

sorry I am a bit late, but I have to say I love number 4 and looks like you have gone that one that :)
Cant wait to see it when it arrives.

sorry I am a bit late, but I have to say I love number 4 and looks like you have gone that one that :)
Cant wait to see it when it arrives.

Thank you!! I hope it looks good too, I feel like every time I order something online I dont want it by the time it shows up :rolleyes1

I'm so dissapointed that this big poll is still in my PJ...hope the admins will take it out for me :confused3

Anyway! I tried on my dress on Saturday. The *actual* dress. I was pretty nervous about it, because the dress I tried on in the store was 5 sizes too big, so it was hard to get a full idea of what it would look like in my size. Then I ordered the dress 1 size smaller than the size I was at the time, in anticipation of losing some weight. (Not extra weight, just the weight I had gained over the holidays popcorn::)

So I pushed the fitting off a few weeks because I wanted as much time as possible to make sure it fit. And....It KINDA fits :yay: It's a corset so it does lace up, but its so tight in the back that she said if I were to sit down it would rip. Yeep! But, I have 58 more days until I have to wear it so it should be fine...right? lol

My first alteration appointment is Monday, so we'll see what they say about the fit. I was also really shocked to see that the heels I bought are too tall! Kinda sad because I loved those shoes. It may be that they work once the fit is better, since its riding up a bit it makes the hem higher. So I will probably need to get like a kitten heel sandal as a backup.

Don't ask me what the heck face I'm making on the second one...haha..Ok here we go!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter