Sara & Ryan's Wishes PJ & TR ~ 8/17/10 WP/GF/Marina ~ 1/22 Thank you!

So today I went dress shopping with my sister. We stopped in a small salon near my apt. since I knew they carried Maggie dresses. I wasn't crazy about this place, they were very pushy with the lady even asking me if I was planning on buying the dress today. :confused3 Ummm, no. I had told her at the beginning it was one of my first times shopping, and made references to maybe bringing my mom back. I also never once said that the dress was the one or that I loved it. I just said that it was pretty and I really liked it.

Here's the only one I liked, it's Maggie Fiorella. I also didn't like how they changed the style names to numbers so I had to look this up when I came home.

from the front:
fiorella.jpg

from the back:
fiorellaback.jpg

She kept saying how I would never find a dress more beautiful and that kind of rubbed me the wrong way too.

Afterwards we went to lunch and then had another appointment. This store carried a lot of Maggies but it didn't seem like they had many of the newer styles, and they did not have Carrie. :sad1: I did try on the famous Victoriana, it is a beautiful dress and I can see why it's so popular with the disbrides. It really is a princess dress. I like how in this pic you can see my sis in the mirror taking her sneaky pics! :laughing:
victoriana.jpg

Another that I liked, Jean by Maggie.
jean.jpg

Overall I liked the consultant at this place, but what kind of annoyed me here was she kept pulling me full on ballgowns, but that's not really what I wanted. It was kind of like she decided since I'm getting married at Disney I need a ballgown. She did say that they could order Carrie for me though and at $100 cheaper than the other store! :thumbsup2

I think it's official...Carrie is my gown. Every dress I tried on, did not compare. I was always like, oh the other dress this...or the other dress that. I was really sad that I couldn't try it on again.:sad2:

I'm going to go back to the other store next Saturday with my Mom and both my sisters and try on the dress and see if they will match the price.

We looked at some BM dresses, and found one we liked. It's by Bill Levkoff. It was really cute and fun looking.
http://www.billlevkoff.com/#/9/bill-levkoff-bridesmaid-dresses/bridesmaid-dress-style-370/1188/

Afterwards we went to a different shop that had the Alfred Angelo dresses, but I did not like any of the ones I saw online in person. :sad1: The one with the flower was weird looking in person and the flower was kind of cheesy. So that was disappointing but we did find the BL dress we liked earlier.

I do have to say that dress shopping is exhausting!

I definitely will! I think my sister had perfected taking the sneaky pic...she really just looks like she's texting.

I love the BL bridesmaid dress, it's very classy. I'm glad you felt the same way about the Alfred Angelo dress, it's just disappointing because they look like that would be really cute dresses.

Yeh, for finding your dress!! The Carrie dress is beautiful.

I just finished your PJ!! I was looking for your engagement pics that you wrote about on my PJ. I think they are great!!! Your makeup turned out perfect!

Oh, and I must say I LOVE the Carrie dress!! I am also obsessed with Sex and the City, so the fact that it is named "Carrie" makes it extra special in my books :thumbsup2

Congrats on the Carrie dress!!

Thanks! I'm so excited about it. As fun as dress shopping is, it's kind of a relief when you find the one! :)

I love the BL bridesmaid dress, it's very classy. I'm glad you felt the same way about the Alfred Angelo dress, it's just disappointing because they look like that would be really cute dresses.

Yeh, for finding your dress!! The Carrie dress is beautiful.

I'm so glad you had warned me, I was really shocked when I saw the Alfred Angelo dress. It was soooo cute online, and really not the same at all in person! My sister and I both really liked the BL dress and I think it will flatter all the girls.

Thanks! I'm so excited about it, I can't wait to put it on again. :cloud9:

I just finished your PJ!! I was looking for your engagement pics that you wrote about on my PJ. I think they are great!!! Your makeup turned out perfect!

Oh, and I must say I LOVE the Carrie dress!! I am also obsessed with Sex and the City, so the fact that it is named "Carrie" makes it extra special in my books :thumbsup2

Thanks! I was so happy with the way the make-up and the pics turned out! I loved how Ana made me look like myself just more glamourous and polished. Thank you! I love the dress so much, I kept sneaking peeks of it online. I can't wait to go this weekend and try it on again! :goodvibes

So the dilemma of the day is Videographer or not? :confused: My first instinct is no, and Ryan agrees. I don't think we'll really watch the video enough to justify the cost. But then people they tell me I have to get one because even though they don't watch it their kids love it and watch it all the time! Plus since it is a destination wedding, it might be fun to show the people who couldn't make it. So I'm on the fence, Ryan says if I feel like we have to have it, to get it, but I kinda don't want to spend the $$$ on that. Then I figure if people's kids like to watch their regular video, how cool would a Disney wedding video be for kids to watch! People also say they miss so much on their wedding day, so they get to see things they didn't on the video.

I spent some time looking at videographers. I LOVE Starfruit Productions (see that's me loving the more expensive option again), and emailed them to ask them about pricing. I also emailed STVS since they are very popular with the disbrides.

Any one else have recommendations?

I also looked into maybe renting the chiavari chairs (I HAVE to have those) from an outside vendor so that it would be cheaper. :idea: I also thought about buying my own napkins or table overlays, but I guess I can wait until I get my BEO before deciding on that. But I figure if I can buy the overlays for less than $15, it still beats renting then from Disney for $37. Although maybe Disney would charge me a fee to set them up and it wouldn't be worth it. :confused3

And the more I see the work that Shelley from Impressions does, the more I really want her to do our invitations, table names, and place cards! So I think of ways to save one place, but ways to spend it somewhere else! :rotfl2:

Okay, first off, I love the dress that you're in love with!! :love: It's very elegant and still has princess flair! Perfect! The BM dress that's in the running is lovely too! Very rewearable!

At first I was sort of against the idea of a video too; but after thinking about it and talking to my already married family members (and soon to be in laws) I was convinced. One of my FSILs says her and her hubby look at their wedding dvd more than their wedding album! :confused3 So I personally think it's a good idea. It is pretty neat for your children to be able to see someday. And for you and your DF of course, to look back on when you're both old and wrinkly. Hehe.

As far as the video. My mom had thought it would be nice to do, I didn't really care either way. It just did not end up being in the budget for us. We are going to have one of my FSIL or FBIL record it for us (at least the ceremony and first dance). Plus, I'm going to be a video with the pictures, if nothing else.

If it was in the budget I may have considered doing it. And if it is in your budget it may be something nice to have for momento.

DF and I disagreed about video. I didn't think we needed it, he really wanted it, especially since his grandmother won't be able to attend.

We are going with Apex Media. I liked their style...and their price!! Starfruit was great...way out of our price range.

Okay, first off, I love the dress that you're in love with!! :love: It's very elegant and still has princess flair! Perfect! The BM dress that's in the running is lovely too! Very rewearable!

At first I was sort of against the idea of a video too; but after thinking about it and talking to my already married family members (and soon to be in laws) I was convinced. One of my FSILs says her and her hubby look at their wedding dvd more than their wedding album! :confused3 So I personally think it's a good idea. It is pretty neat for your children to be able to see someday. And for you and your DF of course, to look back on when you're both old and wrinkly. Hehe.

Thank you, I love it too, how you described it is exactly right and that's why I love it! I definitely want the BM dresses to be rewearable since two of my sister's are BM's, and my mom will not like the cost of the dresses to begin with, so at least if they could wear them again it might lessen the blow :rotfl2:

I think I'm coming around to the idea. Everyone that has it is pretty glad they got it. My boss says his daughter watches it all the time and I know my mom will like having it. Plus, how much cooler would a Disney wedding be for your kids to watch?!

Well I was talking to Ryan about it and I was like, oh we can watch it every anniversary! And he was like...um no :rotfl:.

As far as the video. My mom had thought it would be nice to do, I didn't really care either way. It just did not end up being in the budget for us. We are going to have one of my FSIL or FBIL record it for us (at least the ceremony and first dance). Plus, I'm going to be a video with the pictures, if nothing else.

If it was in the budget I may have considered doing it. And if it is in your budget it may be something nice to have for momento.

I really didn't feel like we needed it but now I'm starting to change my mind. We don't really have any family that could video tape it but that would be a great option!

DF and I disagreed about video. I didn't think we needed it, he really wanted it, especially since his grandmother won't be able to attend.

We are going with Apex Media. I liked their style...and their price!! Starfruit was great...way out of our price range.

That's why I feel like we need it too, my mom will definitely want to show it to her friends and family that couldn't come. I'd probably show the girls at work. I love Starfruit, but it is more than I wanted to spend on something I didn't even plan on having! Although when I get it in my head that I love something, I just can't go with anything else. That's why I'm lucky that my dress turned out to be not that expensive!

Cool! I'll check out Apex media :thumbsup2

i completely agree with ya. im on the fence as well.... should we or shouldn't we? now that you mentioned that our kids may love it down the line, it might be a good idea. things to think about.....

I agree about the video. It's very hard to decide. I'm hoping the FSIL's dbf will be able to videotape the ceremony and parts of the reception. He's the videographer for Jim Breur so he knows what he's doing and I'm hoping we can guilt him into doing it...for free. Hehe. I have a hard time justifying paying over $1000 for a video I may only watch a few times. But I want it there to watch a few times. Ugh!! And I think I have to do DPS since it's in parks.

i completely agree with ya. im on the fence as well.... should we or shouldn't we? now that you mentioned that our kids may love it down the line, it might be a good idea. things to think about.....

My boss told me his daughter watches it all the time and she even sits through the full mass sometimes! :rotfl2:

I agree about the video. It's very hard to decide. I'm hoping the FSIL's dbf will be able to videotape the ceremony and parts of the reception. He's the videographer for Jim Breur so he knows what he's doing and I'm hoping we can guilt him into doing it...for free. Hehe. I have a hard time justifying paying over $1000 for a video I may only watch a few times. But I want it there to watch a few times. Ugh!! And I think I have to do DPS since it's in parks.

Hopefully your FSIL's dbf will do it. Jim Breur went to my high school and his nephew was in most of my classes. He was our town's claim to fame, well that and the movie Trees Lounge!

I know, they are really pricey, but then will I wish I had it? I think we're going to get it after all since we can't have everyone we want at the wedding, but now I definitely can't have my confetti cannons.:sad1:

My boss told me his daughter watches it all the time and she even sits through the full mass sometimes! :rotfl2:

Hopefully your FSIL's dbf will do it. Jim Breur went to my high school and his nephew was in most of my classes. He was our town's claim to fame, well that and the movie Trees Lounge!

I know, they are really pricey, but then will I wish I had it? I think we're going to get it after all since we can't have everyone we want at the wedding, but now I definitely can't have my confetti cannons.:sad1:

Aww...sad about the Confetti Cannons. How much are they? I keep eyeing them...

They are $500 for the staged exit, and $650 for reception. I'm actually not sure that is the current pricing but that is what I saw on Disney's site and Magical Kingdoms.

The reception one looks awesome! It looks like the whole room is filled with confetti, they do it for the last dance. Christina and Geancarlo had it and the pics were amazing. :love:

We probably won't do it because we'll most likely have the photography end before the reception and no sense having it if there aren't going to be any pictures! :sad1:

So Disney kind of squashed my bring my own linens idea. They apparently will not set them up, not even for a fee. My consultant also said they only begin setting up an hour before the event, so it's not like I could have my family set stuff up for me.

But I have found a chair solution! I LOVE the chiavari chairs, I think they are so elegant and Ryan doesn't like chair covers because he thinks they look like ghosts. I just have to have them. I know it will haunt me forever if I don't. But $12 a chair plus $200 to set them up is really pricey, especially since our guest list keeps growing! So I started looking into outside vendors since you can have them for indoor locations.

I found a vendor that charges $6 per chair and $60 to set them up. I told them Disney's restrictions, drop off and set up the hour before, removal at the end of the event and they said that is fine. Based on 90 guests (which we are quickly approaching), we would save almost $700 using this company. :banana:

Okay, next order of business...Save the Dates...

Well I got my low resolution pics from the Roots, but the ones we picked didn't work well with the original magnet we picked, so I had to go through the website last night. Okay which do you girls think? #1 or #2

1248745859741-06845631923060864.jpg

or #2
1248746480193-07162763683591038.jpg

I like how elegant #1 looks and it incorporates the three colors I plan to use, but we also like #2 because it's kind of fun and the palm trees are very Florida. Would love some input. :cutie:

That's awesome you are getting the chairs you want for so much less than Disney, if you keep finding a ways to save you may be able to get your confetti cannons!

My vote is for #2, it flows better and I feel like it focuses on the picture of the two of you more. It's cute!

They are $500 for the staged exit, and $650 for reception. I'm actually not sure that is the current pricing but that is what I saw on Disney's site and Magical Kingdoms.

The reception one looks awesome! It looks like the whole room is filled with confetti, they do it for the last dance. Christina and Geancarlo had it and the pics were amazing. :love:

We probably won't do it because we'll most likely have the photography end before the reception and no sense having it if there aren't going to be any pictures! :sad1:

Oh that sounds awesome...$500 is a lot. I know if I bring it up to Df he will say that is $500 we could put toward the carriage. Sometimes I wonder who the bride is!! ME OR HIM!!

So Disney kind of squashed my bring my own linens idea. They apparently will not set them up, not even for a fee. My consultant also said they only begin setting up an hour before the event, so it's not like I could have my family set stuff up for me.

But I have found a chair solution! I LOVE the chiavari chairs, I think they are so elegant and Ryan doesn't like chair covers because he thinks they look like ghosts. I just have to have them. I know it will haunt me forever if I don't. But $12 a chair plus $200 to set them up is really pricey, especially since our guest list keeps growing! So I started looking into outside vendors since you can have them for indoor locations.

I found a vendor that charges $6 per chair and $60 to set them up. I told them Disney's restrictions, drop off and set up the hour before, removal at the end of the event and they said that is fine. Based on 90 guests (which we are quickly approaching), we would save almost $700 using this company. :banana:

Okay, next order of business...Save the Dates...

Well I got my low resolution pics from the Roots, but the ones we picked didn't work well with the original magnet we picked, so I had to go through the website last night. Okay which do you girls think? #1 or #2

1248745859741-06845631923060864.jpg

or #2
1248746480193-07162763683591038.jpg

I like how elegant #1 looks and it incorporates the three colors I plan to use, but we also like #2 because it's kind of fun and the palm trees are very Florida. Would love some input. :cutie:

Oh that is great news about the chairs. I would love them too but they do have a high price tag.

Personally I like #1 for your STD. What an awesome picture of the two you. Either STD would be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter