Sandals on the Rides?

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by seasonality, Feb 15, 2008.

1. seasonality

seasonality Earning My Ears

Does Disney allow you to wear sandals on the rides? Many theme parks require sneakers or closed toes when riding rides such as the roller coasters etc.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sugardimples

Sugardimples DIS Veteran

Sandals are fine.

4. stepnut

stepnut Mouseketeer

Wow, I've never ever heard of that kind of restriction anywhere. What theme parks have this rule?

I've seen many places that ask you to remove flip flops or crocs that would come off easily on a ride that goes upside down or has your legs dangling. But I've never seen the "closed toe shoe" requirement.

That would be a deal breaker for me. I love my croc flip flops in the summer!

5. hmerritt

hmerritt Mouseketeer

Sandals and even flip flops are fine. Just beware!! Two years ago, don't ask me how, but my then 4 year old lost a flip flop on Space Mountain!! And it was never to be found. lol~ They gave us a voucher to go buy her another pair in the gift shop. So although we lost a pair of shoes to a matching outfit, she didn't have to go footless the rest of the night.

Heather

6. valleygirl

valleygirl Mouseketeer

Be careful if you wear sandals on Splash Mountain and sit in the front row. Last summer DH wore sandals and cut his toe pretty bad when it banged against the front. He went to first aid to have the cut cleaned and the nurse told him this happens a lot to people wearing sandals and sitting in the front seat.

7. dburg30

dburg30 Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I

Probably ones that have 'dangly' rides. Where you are hanging with your feet free. Since WDW has none of those rides, would be no reason to have the rule there..

8. Kaler131

Kaler131 DIS Veteran

On Soarin' they tell you that if you have shoes that may come off during the ride (flip-flops, crocs, etc) to put them on the floor in front of you. When the ride ends you just slip them back on your feet. :thumbsup2

9. 1000th happy haunt

1000th happy haunt <font color=green>My source is knowledgable, but u

Actually Soarin' is like that. And they request you take off your shoes, if they're like flip flops or sandals that you can easily slide out of.

10. dburg30

dburg30 Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I

Forgot about soarin.. I could see them doing it on that ride for sure :thumbsup2