San Juan Excursions

We just got off of the Fantasy as well. We did the Rainforset hike and waterfall adventure. We were really disappointed when we weren't able to do the waterfall adventure part because the waterfall was so flowing dangerously full at the time. It was not the fault of the excursion company and was just bad timing as they had a lot of rain in the days prior to our stop. It seemed like a lot of money to take a hike in the rainforest. They did provide a drink and a snack and an umbrella (thankfully)! The guides were both informative and good. My kids didn't have a great time and the hike was uphill a lot of the time. We would never do it again but the waterfall was beautiful as was the forest .

I booked my son and i on the fort excursion through Disney. I see a lot of people plan to do on own. If we did it on our own is there tour guides in the fort to take you through it and tell you the history of it or is it a do it on your own and read the plaques?

We did do the horseback riding excursion through the rainforest and it was just OK. They do not have their horses go single file so the whole way they are jostling each other for their space in a free for all and you end up fighting them if you get a.... spirited one. My horse kept biting the other horses and running me up against other people and vegetation - my knees got pretty bruised up. My husband on the other hand had never ridden before so he got a horse that would barely go. I was in the front and he was in the back the whole time so it was a little lonely... They also did not warn us about the mud so I ruined my new sneakers which is probably my own fault I suppose. I didn't even consider it and the mud STAINS badly. I was very glad I didn't wear pants as they would have been similarly ruined.

There was no food or water although they did try to sell $2 bottles of water at the river stop. Its just a quick one to let the horses rest a bit - no one got in the water or swam or anything, it was pretty dirty there - a couple benches and an outhouse. I did rinse my legs off and try to clean my shoes a bit in the river though I just got them muddy again.

I am glad we did it - my husband knows he doesn't like horseriding now at least, lol - but we would not do this again and wouldn't recommend a newbie do it since the horses can be a pain to control. They trot and mine even went off at a gallop at one point which was a bit out of my comfort zone.... they wanted to get back quickly and kept trying to pass our leader which they weren't supposed to do.

OH! And someone was injured as well - his horse bit another horse and that horse kicked out and caught the kid in his leg. He was not badly hurt but it still DID hurt and he was bleeding from a cut on his leg. Just unruly is I guess how I would describe it. I'm not turned off of horses mind you, but I would not go with that place again.

DD was wanting to do this. Now I have some thinking to do. Thanks for the review.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter