San Francisco Tour

Discussion in 'California & the West' started by Muppetmania, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Muppetmania

Muppetmania Earning My Ears

Hi, I'm searching for a great day tour of San Francisco sites. My DH and I will be there in 3 weeks. I'm not sure if we should do a hop-on hop-off, a bus tour, a walking tour..there are just so many options!

So please, does anyone have a recommendation on a tour. We are there for 2 days, but already have our Alcatraz tickets for the 2nd day, so just looking for a good tour for the 1st day.

Thanks

2. Disneykatz

Disneykatz Earning My Ears

Go to Pier 39 (just down the street from Fishermans Wharf), there are tour ticket booths there through The San Francisco Sightseeing Company. They have a City tour on double decker buses. There are about 4 tours during the day at specific times & last about 3 hours. It takes you past some popular places in the City so you can see where they are & go back later (Some of the places it takes you are through Chinatown, past the cable car museum (cool place also), past Lombard Street). They stop & let you sightsee for a little bit at the GG Bridge. They go past GG park which is a fun place to see also on your own because there is the rose garden & a walkway around a lake with a cool waterfall & the CA Academy of Science Museum.

3. ncc1701

ncc1701 Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

On our last trip to SF we did a hop on/off bus that went over the Golden Gate Bridge stopping at both sides plus it went to Golden Gate park where the CA. Science museum and the art museum are located .It also had 6 or so other stops. We liked being able to get off and explore an area if we wanted to. Depending on when you are going to Alcatraz when you get back to SF you can get a ferry over to Sausalito to do lunch or dinner. Another suggestion while in SF is to check out the Ferry Building Marketplace which has a few restaurants plus food stands . We also enjoyed eating at the Buena Vista, Boudins and McCormick & Kuletos in the Fishermans Wharf area.

4. ozvisiter

ozvisiter Mouseketeer

I would recommend Dylan's tour, our family really enjoyed it. It included the highlights of San Francisco as well as Muir Wood, the redwood forest was well worth a visit!