San Diego Marriott Marquis or Coronado Marriott Resort

jicarv

Earning My Ears
Which is nicer / better location for family vacation? We are adding a trip to San Diego after our Disneyland vacation and want to visit Sea World, the Zoo and just relax. Thanks!

Can't really speak to either as I've never stayed there but, just an FYI, everyone I work with goes to San Diego regularly and they all prefer to stay on Coronado.

Thank you! We actually just came back from our trip and stayed at the Coronado Marriott. We were so glad that we stayed there instead of the Downtown location. In our opinion, Coronado was much better for a family with young kids.

:) Sounds like it was a fun trip! We are planning 5 days in San Diego next summer after 5 days at Disney, but I don't think we could afford Coronado :sad2: I heard the only swimming beach on the island is at the Hotel Del? Looking a little further north but the choices are mind boggling. Much easier to decide on a hotel at Disney since there is a limited selection within walking distance to the park. Oh well I keep on looking... :surfweb:

:) Sounds like it was a fun trip! We are planning 5 days in San Diego next summer after 5 days at Disney, but I don't think we could afford Coronado :sad2: I heard the only swimming beach on the island is at the Hotel Del? Looking a little further north but the choices are mind boggling. Much easier to decide on a hotel at Disney since there is a limited selection within walking distance to the park. Oh well I keep on looking... :surfweb:

Best Western The Island Palms Hotel & Marina seems like a nice place/location and can be more reasonable than the hotels in Coronado. They offer AAA discount. I had read about it in another thread on this site.
http://islandpalms1-px.trvlclick.com/

Thank you! We actually just came back from our trip and stayed at the Coronado Marriott. We were so glad that we stayed there instead of the Downtown location. In our opinion, Coronado was much better for a family with young kids.

We are in the same dilemma. I would really love to hear more details on your stay. We really think that the location and surrounding area look so much more family-oriented at Marriott Coronado. But I am worried because the facilities look worn on Trip Advisor. The Marquis downtown location looks so much newer, and I would swear that I read the parking is free.

Anyone have more details to contribute?

We are in the same dilemma. I would really love to hear more details on your stay. We really think that the location and surrounding area look so much more family-oriented at Marriott Coronado. But I am worried because the facilities look worn on Trip Advisor. The Marquis downtown location looks so much newer, and I would swear that I read the parking is free.

Anyone have more details to contribute?

If that is the Marriott next to the Convention Center I would imagine parking is built into the room rate or else is "free" as part of a package.
If it is free ask them where the car will be parked, it may be offsite.
I do know that hotel was undergoing a renovation this year(we lookedto stay there this Spring but stayed at the Hyatt instead)
P. S. Walking thru the grounds the pool area looked great

Thanks! That's helpful. I would not have considered the parking being offsite. We really need to be able to come and go with our car since we have plans to do the tourist destinations.

Yes, the Marquis is near the convention center and has a marina. I assume your whole post refers only to that hotel and not the Coronado Island property.

Thanks! That's helpful. I would not have considered the parking being offsite. We really need to be able to come and go with our car since we have plans to do the tourist destinations.

Yes, the Marquis is near the convention center and has a marina. I assume your whole post refers only to that hotel and not the Coronado Island property.

Yes it does.It looks like a really good hotel. Sometimes with a package the hotel does offer free onsite parking. We had a free parking package at another Marriott but without that we would have paid $20.00 a night to park onsite. Which we have done in other cities ( we knew when booking ) Read all the fine print when booking so you have no suprises.;)
The Marriott in Coronado has some restaurants nearby at the ferry landing (which you can take to downtown). We thought about staying there but downtown worked better for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter