1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

San Diego Dining

Discussion in 'Southern California Theme Parks' started by Aimee810, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Aimee810

Aimee810 Earning My Ears

Need some recommendations. One night we r eating at Croce's but need suggestions for other nights. Thx.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rowan1813

rowan1813 Disney Princess since birth

Can you give some specifics on where you are staying, how fancy you want, what kind of foods are you looking for?

I have some ideas of some local places that are great (used to live there) but it kinda depends on if you are willing to drive, where you are staying, and how pricey you want to get.

4. Aimee810

Aimee810 Earning My Ears

we r staying at the sheraton hotel and marina. nothing pricey, no seafood, no car. thx.

5. Camonkeygirl

Camonkeygirl DIS Veteran

It looks like you are not to far away from Liberty Station, Little Italy, Gaslamp. All of them have lots of restaurants, depending on the types of food you want to eat. You can also take the bus toward Old Town.

6. Aimee810

Aimee810 Earning My Ears

Thanks Camonkey girl. My MIL is italian so we will prob hit Little Italy while we are there. BTW, when will you know your schedule for 12/5-12/7? We will be at the zoo on 12/7 but we can always change that to 12/6 if needed so we can meet up.

7. Aimee810

Aimee810 Earning My Ears

Saw a recommendation for Hash House A Go Go on another thread. Looks interesting!

8. chttyangel

chttyangel Mouseketeer

The Corvette Diner was sooo much fun!!! My daugther just asked me yesterday if we could go back. Sure; why not drive 13 hours just for lunch. :lmao: LOL! I had a hot turkey platter. My kids had burgers, frys and shakes. Great food, great prices and the atmosphere is awesome.

We also ordered deep dish pizza for Berkley Pizza. YUMMY!!!!!

9. rowan1813

rowan1813 Disney Princess since birth

It doesn't look like you are too far away from one of my more favorite restuarants when I was still living in SD - Tender Greens. Ingredients for meals are bought from local farmers and everything is fresh. They also make great hibiscus tea (fell in love with it in Egypt and they are the closest I have found in the States).

A tad bit farther away but not too bad is also Phil's BBQ. Great BBQ west of the Mississippi. Be prepared for long lines at dinner time - locals are a big fan.

Old Town Mexican Cafe (in Old Town) is great for Mexican food and freshly made tortillas (2 sweet ladies make both corn and flour in the window to entice passersby :) ).

If you are a fan of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives on the Food Network, one of the places Guy has visited is also near you in Ocean Beach - Hodads. Another great place with fantastic burgers, onion rings, and potato wedges; shakes are awesome as well. Lots of character.

HTH! I love all of these places and miss them regularly (especially Phil's). Hope you have a great time.