San Angel Inn

lsg1

Mouseketeer
I was looking at the menu for the San Angel in and was interested in the 3 course meal, but on allearsnet and wdwinfo, the menus are different. On allears it has an appetizer and wdwinfo has a soup, and on allears it has a fish taco, and in wdwinfo it has grilled skirt steak. Even the desserts were different with flan on one and crema bravia on the other. Has anyone been there recently and seen what is on the menu?

Also, I know it says no substitutions, but if the appetizer is Tostados de Tinga, which has chicken in it, could I ask for it without the chicken?

Thanks

I'm interested to know as well! We are going there in April and picked dinner over lunch because I'm interested in the 3 course.

On the official disney site there are PDFs posted of just about all TS menus. I was just looking at them this morning. There is a 3 course listed on both the lunch and dinner menu. I don't remember the exact entrees but the crema Bravia dessert was definitely part of the lunch 3 course.

Tostadas de Tinga without the chicken would be nothing but the tortilla round. If you are allergic to chicken, they will likely find something else for you. If you just don't like chicken, I don't know what you can do about that.

When i look at the Disney site, I just says traditional Mexican dinner $36 with no description.

You have to go to this page and click on the sample menus. They are very up to date.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/san-angel-inn/

That's where I went and all I see is this under Entrees: Traditional Mexican Dinner. It is also listed under appetizers with $36 and under entrees with no price, but no description.

I am a software web developer, and if I ever deployed a site that was as buggy as disney's new site, I would not have a job. I can't believe they can allow such a buggy/non-working site to bear their name. They should be ashamed.

Thanks...yes this matches allears, but all ears says last updated July 2012, and wdwinfo said last updated 12/12, and that was my concern. I wonder if the pdf's are from the old site if they have not yet updated their menu. I guess I will just have to wait and see when I am there next week. I have an adr for Tuesday, so maybe I'll go by there on Monday and take a look just in case.

Thanks again :-)

Touringplans.com has a menu from 12/8 and it shows the Tostadas de Tinga, Fish Tacos, and Crema Bavaria.

lsg1 said:
That's where I went and all I see is this under Entrees: Traditional Mexican Dinner. It is also listed under appetizers with $36 and under entrees with no price, but no description.

I'm one of the lucky ones who hasn't (yet) had an issue with the site. Here's the info from the menu regarding the Traditional Mexican Dinner:

Tostadas de Tinga...Pulled chicken season with roasted tomato and chipotle, served on tostadas with black retried beans, green tomatillo sauce, fresh queso and sour cream

Tacos de Pescado....Fish tacos served with chipotle-lime aioli, cabbage, lime and green tomatillo sauce, all served over flour tortillas

Crema Bavaria...Creamy Bavarian mousse served with mixed berries, cinnamon, orange liqueur and vanilla sauce

Includes soft drink or iced tea

Now for my question...

On the menu under Traditional Mexican Meal it states "Disney Dining Plan Special". Is this the only option for individuals on the Dining Plan or it is possible to order anything from the menu?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter