Samoa longhouse question

bobri

Earning My Ears
Looks like Samoa is the longhouse we have decided on does anyone know which view Volcano pool or Quiet pool view is nicer? Also is it better to be on the ground floor or up? We have 2 dd ages 5 and 8. Thanks for the help.

Over the years, we've had a number of rooms on both sides of Samoa although always on the first floor which we prefer. Floor preference is such a personal thing though. In Samoa, 1st floor has a patio, 2nd floor has sliding doors with a railing only, and third floor has a balcony.

Both sides are lovely IMO. The Volcano pool side is very close to the sidewalk that runs by the pool area and so is more lively. I think most in my family prefer this side because it is so easy to walk out to the pool.

The quiet pool side seems further away from that pool to me and the pool itself is landscaped so lushly that you really don't see the pool.

I really love both sides.

The last time we stayed at the Poly we were in the Samoa building in Room 1610. Ground floor looking directly at the Volcano Pool. We were literally 25 feet from the pool....and we absolutely LOVED it. ::yes::

Great view, location, theme, atmosphere, etc...etc...etc..

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by WDW LifeLong Fan
The last time we stayed at the Poly we were in the Samoa building in Room 1610.

We were in 1608 last summer.:D

Originally posted by BCV23
We were in 1608 last summer.:D

BVC23.....Didn't you just love that location! We felt we were right in the middle of the action and the "Disney Atmosphere"::yes::

I just returned last week from room 3606 and 3607..Volcano view We loved being on the 3rd floor!! I loved our location and would perfer the Volcano side view vs. the quiet pool.

We had 1602 volcano side. It was perfect for our 3 ds. While dh and I rested on the bed we left the slider unlocked and they hopped in the pool and back and forth for mug runs. As the other posters said, it could get a little busy with people going by, so make sure you shut your shade. Couldnt believe lots of people keep them open. You literally saw the whole volcano from our room. We didnt notice any noise problems either.

If your kids are really into swimming, go with the volcano pool side. We were there last year--first floor (room 160?), and it was great! We were just steps from the pool. Dh could nap and the kids and I would pop out for a quick dip. What I liked about first floor was also the nearness to Captain Cook's. We'd just pop out the slider and run over to pick up breakfast. Then we'd eat it on the patio and watch the pool action (even if it was just the cleaning crew out in the morning) and visit with the ducks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter