Sammy on the Magic

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by cindy1098, Jan 7, 2014.

1. cindy1098

cindy1098 Mouseketeer

We had some great recommendations for Sammy as a server on the Magic. I called several weeks ago and requested him for our party of 22. I recently heard on a Facebook group that he will be on vacation in February. Can anyone confirm this? If so, are there any other recommendations? I am unofficially arranging everything for our group (many of them first time cruisers) so I want to do my best to give them a great experience. We are cruising on 2/7 and 2/10.
    Thank you!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cindy1098

cindy1098 Mouseketeer

Bumping

4. dolphingirl47

dolphingirl47 In Search of the Tag Fairy

I don't know about Sammy's vacation. However, if you need an alternative recommendation, I can recommend Edward from the UK. He is amazing. He will be on the Magic until the end of March.

Corinna

5. cindy1098

cindy1098 Mouseketeer

Thank you!

6. cris0809

cris0809 Might be why the rum is always gone

I believe your information is correct and Sammy will be on vacation in February. We were assigned to his table in November. :) For us, head server is the most important position to request as there are usually multiple allergies at our table.

Ronald is amazing, as is George. They were both on the Magic as of November.

7. peanmunch

peanmunch Mouseketeer

Going on Magic April 21st. How do you find out vacations...any recommendations? Also how do you make the request?

Thanks! :)
    Lori

8. modisneychick

modisneychick Mouseketeer

Sorry you will miss Sammy. We love him! However, I also highly recommend Edward - he is great.

9. gydell

gydell <font color=teal>I am watching and waiting<br><fon

Do you have a last name? Thanks!

10. Lisamarie4400

Lisamarie4400 Mouseketeer

We are cruising end of jan. On the magic. I wonder if he will be on vacation yet. How do I request him?

11. gydell

He will be there then.

12. Lisamarie4400

Do I call now? Request at check in?

13. gydell

Now. Do you have his real name? Sompong Pooncharoensuk - Thialand

14. Lisamarie4400

15. gydell

16. Lisamarie4400

I just emailed my TA to add it. We cruise in a few weeks so it might not happen.

17. ahain

ahain Thankful & Blessed

This thread is fascinating to me. Never in a million years would it have occured to me to call & request a specific server. I have no issues that some prefer to do that - it just never occurred to me.

I understand that some are certainly "better" than others, but it seems that DCL wouldn't keep truly sub-par servers on. Although I'm generally a "planner" and want to know all of the details, I think we'll leave this area to serendipity & let fate roll the dice each time and see who we get for our serving team. :goodvibes

18. cindy1098

cindy1098 Mouseketeer

Our cruises in February will be our 4th and 5th Disney Cruises (we are doing a B2B). We have never requested a server before and have always had wonderful people. Every so often you hear of people that have bad experiences but thankfully that has not been our experience. We have 22 people in our group on the first leg of our B2B, with 11 of them being first time cruisers. With the majority of the responsibility falling to me for organizing, I want to do a little extra to ensure that they have a fantastic time (although I'm pretty sure they will whatever happens). °o°

19. modisneychick

modisneychick Mouseketeer

Edward's last name is Wardle.

20. gydell

Thanks! Do you know Ronald's last name?

21. DisneyNurse19

DisneyNurse19 Mouseketeer

I agree with you, after reading on the Dis Boards about people requesting their favourite servers i started to panic as i had never done this before. In the end i decided to sit back and as you say 'let fate roll the dice' and have never had a bad server. It is more exciting to see who you will get and a lot more interesting. :thumbsup2