Sam Champion announces he is leaving GMA

Sam was in contract renegotiation. Wonder of ABC didn't want to pay him what he was asking, but the Weather Channel was?!?! Just a thought. I also read that he is adding producer to his resume with TWC.

Josh and Lara are also in contract negotiations.

He was on 25 years?

I am surprised he is going to The Weather Channel. I can look at my App on my IPad or phone and see the weather. Someone told me the sale of watches have gone way down, because people just look at their phones. The Weather Channel is dying like watches. Plus what an insult to other meteorologist on The Weather Channel.

No, he was only on the GMA starting in 2006. He worked for ABC for 25 years, most of it at WABC in New York.
Working in local TV, your comment about Weather Apps is true. Weather channel however, seems to be doing just fine, because it is drawing the weather geeks that want more than just the forecast.
I don't doubt sales of watches are down, but I have to have a watch with seconds on it for work, so the cell phone is useless for me. And I sure wouldn't want to reach into my pocket everytime I wanted to check the time when I can have it right on my wrist. Might be another issue to add to the Late To Work thread, because it appears watch sales are down, and people later for work is going up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!