Sam and Mike's(well mostly Sam's) 10/29/10 non-prof photos Glad I did/didn't Update

Which dress?

• Dress one

• Dress two

• Dress three

• Dress four

• Dress five

• Dress six

Results are only viewable after voting.
Your inspiration board looks great! It's nice to see everything put together. I hope you end up being able to do the snow globes, I think it's a very cute idea. LOVE the comic book STD as well! From reading your PJ it looks like it's something that would be perfect for you and your DF. Very creative!

I love the jacket, especially the collar, it's very regal looking! Great job on the inspiration board, everything goes together very nicely. I love the invitation! I think it totally reflects you and your DF and is so unique.

Good luck house hunting! It can be fun and frustrating and scary all at the same time, but it is very exciting. And you'll find something that is perfect for you guys.

Thanks Sara! I think it's coming together nicely. The shoes are a little random but, hey so am I! :cool1: I do think I'm going to skip the veil, earrings, necklace, etc...maybe just do a bracelet because I think I've chosen some bold things, like the hair and jacket and I want them to stand out.

And thanks for the good luck, we've found a couple of good contenders. We just need to look inside.

your inspiration board looks great :goodvibes

That jacket is awesome. Your inspiration board looks great too!

Thanks guys! It really helps to put everything together.

Catching up to your PJ!

I have to say I LOVE that jacket, would you mind sharing the Etsy vendor's name with me? I would love to see what else she has in the store, the design is just divine! I am sure it will look amazing on you.

Your inspiration board is shaping up beautifully, I love Japan in Epcot, DH and I have a trip planned to explore Japan after our VR is all done, we have been wanting to visit for years! I love that your DH wants to wear the same outfit from Enchanted, so romantic, I am sure he'll look dashing if he goes for it!
Believe it or not my DH would love to wear that jacket too :lmao:

The custom comic book cover STD's are so cool! I have a different type saved on my computer for inspiration too! :thumbsup2 I think it is by the same artist and everything. DH is a big comic book geek so it was a direction we could have gone in, but he decided against it in the end :confused3

Your headband is beautiful as well, and your shoes are so much fun! I think they will pull together. Wonderfully.

I am so impressed you finished the whole marathon :worship: I am in awe, and in that weather!!! :scared1: A friend of ours ran the half, finished in the first 20 I believe, we were so worried looking at the forecast! I really don't know how I would do it. I am a wimp at endurance, my longest races are 5K's and I am such a penguin, I walk, very fast, but walk. I do love the Expedition Everest 5K, not a "serious" race by any means, but oh so much fun! Just perfect for a short distance endurance person with short attention span like me :rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear more!!!

Here's the etsy site: Bursztyka They are from Poland. And the Enchanted outfit was totally Mike's idea. He's the one who wants it, and honestly, he doesn't have a say in my outfit, so I don't have one in his. But I think it will be quite dashing, hehe.
And thanks. The marathon was long and hard! I only ran the first 10 miles straight and then it became more of a run/walk, and then a walk...I didn't really train properly. And I ended up totally breaking a bone in my foot. :rolleyes1 So if you want to, I'm sure you can do it! Or if not, 5K is totally a much more sane distance. I figure I'll do halves, and only the full in Disney. We figure for the 10th Goofy, we'll do it. :scared1: Yay we're nutty like that!

Here's the etsy site: Bursztyka They are from Poland. And the Enchanted outfit was totally Mike's idea. He's the one who wants it, and honestly, he doesn't have a say in my outfit, so I don't have one in his. But I think it will be quite dashing, hehe. The comic book covers are for the invitation themselves. We figured we can print them up and have the info on the back. Most of the people know what's going on anyway. We already sent out the STDs (our wonderful cat wedding ones) :lmao: I would just really love to have a poster of it.

And thanks. The marathon was long and hard! I only ran the first 10 miles straight and then it became more of a run/walk, and then a walk...I didn't really train properly. And I ended up totally breaking a bone in my foot. :rolleyes1 So if you want to, I'm sure you can do it! Or if not, 5K is totally a much more sane distance. I figure I'll do halves, and only the full in Disney. We figure for the 10th Goofy, we'll do it. :scared1: Yay we're nutty like that!

Thanks! I will check them out! :thumbsup2
I will need a jacket since our VR is in early February it is going to be cooold!

My DH is the same way, he is picking his own outfit, I actually told him we will switch things around, since he has already seen my dress and helped me pick it, he has free reign to pick whatever he wants to wear and surprise me the day of :lmao: . I really can't wait to see what he comes up with. He keeps pulling my leg and making silly suggestions like a Jedi robe or a Japanese traditional male wedding kimono (which would actually look really good on his frame), I just shrug and say: "Honey try me I will be in cloud nine as long as you are there and happy".

And I sooo get it about not training properly! I ended up with massive shin splints and I am pretty sure a hairline fracture for the inaugural Expedition Everest race. I just pushed too hard and I injured myself, I was bandaged up and covered in biofreeze... at the start of the race!!! :rotfl2: It was a pitiful sight, but I was determined. I learned my lesson though!

Your inspiration board looks great! It's nice to see everything put together. I hope you end up being able to do the snow globes, I think it's a very cute idea. LOVE the comic book STD as well! From reading your PJ it looks like it's something that would be perfect for you and your DF. Very creative!

Thanks Amy! The comic book covers are actually for the invitation themselves. We figured we can print them up and have the info on the back. Most of the people know what's going on anyway. We already sent out the STDs (our wonderful cat wedding ones) :lmao: I would just really love to have a poster of it. We are definitely two odd balls, so it makes sense that we'd want to do something like that. My brother has been snowed in with us, along with our friend and my brother's girlfriend. We're all planning on going to Mickey's Halloween Party during the trip for the wedding and we've (or more like they've) been contemplating what costumes we should all go in. Right now it's Star Wars. My brother will be Luke, his gf with be Mara Jade (Luke's wife from the books), Mike and I will be Leia and Han, our friend will be Darth Maul, hahah. Oh and all the star wars talk led us to a marathon of the decent scenes from the first 3 episodes. :rotfl: Mike always jokes how his coworkers complain about how when their wives/girlfriends walk into the room, and they are watching Star Wars (or Lord of the Rings, or any of those movies/shows) they have to change the channel, but with us, I make him put them on. :goodvibes I'm such a geek. (And I wonder why I have WAY more guy friends then girl friends)

Thanks! I will check them out! :thumbsup2
I will need a jacket since our VR is in early February it is going to be cooold!

My DH is the same way, he is picking his own outfit, I actually told him we will switch things around, since he has already seen my dress and helped me pick it, he has free reign to pick whatever he wants to wear and surprise me the day of :lmao: . I really can't wait to see what he comes up with. He keeps pulling my leg and making silly suggestions like a Jedi robe or a Japanese traditional male wedding kimono (which would actually look really good on his frame), I just shrug and say: "Honey try me I will be in cloud nine as long as you are there and happy".

And I sooo get it about not training properly! I ended up with massive shin splints and I am pretty sure a hairline fracture for the inaugural Expedition Everest race. I just pushed too hard and I injured myself, I was bandaged up and covered in biofreeze... at the start of the race!!! :rotfl2: It was a pitiful sight, but I was determined. I learned my lesson though!

That's awesome that your honey was so involved. Mike is adamant he doesn't see the dress until we're walking down the aisle. He'll give me input for hair, or shoes, or whatever (and by input I mean he says if I like it, then get it).

Shin splints definitely stink. I think I have stress fractures in my hip as well because whenever I walk for a longer distance (which isn't very long at all) it really hurts. Hopefully when the 8 weeks in the air cast are done everything will be nice and healed. And I so hear you about the biofreeze. I made it until about mile 15, then I iced up. It took forever, a little over 6 hours, but that's because my longest distance before the race was...7 miles. :upsidedow

I love the jacket too! If I was getting married any time other than August in Orlando I would need something like that as I'm always cold as well... maybe it's a Sam thing?:rolleyes1
I really like the inspiration board... I'm going to have to figure out how to make one myself :rotfl:

I love the inspiration board!! I really like the hair style on there. Also the Jacket is beautiful.

sorry I have been so behind! I love the inspiration board! :thumbsup2

No worries! I'm still impressed people follow at all!

I love the jacket too! If I was getting married any time other than August in Orlando I would need something like that as I'm always cold as well... maybe it's a Sam thing?:rolleyes1
I really like the inspiration board... I'm going to have to figure out how to make one myself :rotfl:

:lmao: I'm going down in late June and I'm sure I'll still need a jacket, at least at night. MUST be a Sam thing. I'm actually looking forward to buying a house and trying to find a temperature this summer where I can wear shorts inside! :scared1:

As for the board, I just pasted everything into Paint.

I love the inspiration board!! I really like the hair style on there. Also the Jacket is beautiful.

Thanks. I LOVE the hair. I really hope it looks good on me. Because it's the only one I really like. And I hope the jacket looks good.

Sorry about the lack of postings this weekend. We spent the ENTIRE weekend looking at houses...inside, drive bys, etc... We really like one (Mike LOVED it) but it's honestly too big, and at the very peak of what we could pay. So we're still looking around. We're actually considering have our friend move in with his, and make him pay rent. I'm not too sure how it'd work out but it would really be nice for the money, and honestly he'll be there most of the time anyway. My brother and his wife rented our their basement to their friend and it's worked out fairly well. We don't want to buy a house where we can only afford it with him, but it's something we're considering...who knows.

Just catching up on everything. I love the inspiration board- your shoes, jacket, and jewelry are so pretty. I can't wait to see everything come together at LSS and Japan. I also love the idea of the comic book cover for the invites, I love to see things that are unique for a couple and so creative!

I love the inspiration board and the jacket. I think that jacket will look great with the Enchanted outfit. Is Mike definitely doing it? Because I think that is awesome and will look great in Epcot :thumbsup2

Just catching up on everything. I love the inspiration board- your shoes, jacket, and jewelry are so pretty. I can't wait to see everything come together at LSS and Japan. I also love the idea of the comic book cover for the invites, I love to see things that are unique for a couple and so creative!

Thanks Vanessa!! I really hope it comes together. I love LSS and Japan. We talked to the comic book cover artist, and he's really booked right now, but it's great that I'm super anal about planning, and I'm asking about it now. Hopefully he'll be free by July, :rotfl:

Those invites look fab.
I hope they are going to be awesome! :woohoo: We'd do a mad scientist theme, our cat Emme HAS to be in it, and hopefully throw in a few hidden Mickeys! ;)

I love the inspiration board and the jacket. I think that jacket will look great with the Enchanted outfit. Is Mike definitely doing it? Because I think that is awesome and will look great in Epcot :thumbsup2

I can't wait to hear all about LSS from you Becky! I can't wait for the TR!!! We're planning on the Enchanted outfit. As long as it comes out properly and it doesn't look awesome, then we'll be going with a morning tux, but we've got our fingers crossed.

OMG Sam!! I looooove :lovestruc that jacket! It's going to be amazing on you! And how cute is that comic book idea for the invites?! [ Insert geek-highfives here! ] :rotfl2: Seriously, that's so freaking cute.

Yay 250 days!:woohoo:

And now it's even less! :dance3:

OMG Sam!! I looooove :lovestruc that jacket! It's going to be amazing on you! And how cute is that comic book idea for the invites?! [ Insert geek-highfives here! ] :rotfl2: Seriously, that's so freaking cute.

[insert super geeky highfive back] I love the comic book idea. I'm so torn. I love really neat letterpress invites or really elegant ones, but I feel this one really fits us best, and plus I'd love to get a poster of it made up.

The jacket and headband came in. They look really great. I mean the headband is basically a bracelet with a ribbon. So I feel like I could make one if I found the right bracelet, but it doesn't feel cheap, just that I could probably save some money. Didn't get to take a picture, because I wanted to try it on with the dress, but Mike was here.
:mad: I'm all upset with my computer because it's not letting me post pictures right now. I found on the cake thread a splash mountain cake that I'd love to get for Mike's groom cake. He loves splash mountain and we've never been on it together (it's never open in January), but we get to go in June!! Busy planning that trip...making ADRs. I :love: planning food....and eating it. popcorn:: Oh and the cake was only $130! Not too bad.

I'll post pics later. Just checking in.

I would LOVE to see the splash mountain cake when you can post pics again. (insert smiley banging on computer)

PS I LOVE ADRs can't wait to get down there and eat all that food!!

YAY I'm so glad the head band and jacket will work! The inspiration board looks great- things are really coming together! YOU HAVE TO POST THIS SPLASH MOUNTAIN CAKE- I hadn't been planning on doing a groom's cake but DF LOVES Splash Mountain so I may have to get it for him!

I would LOVE to see the splash mountain cake when you can post pics again. (insert smiley banging on computer)

PS I LOVE ADRs can't wait to get down there and eat all that food!!

Yum yum yum food. I love those ADRs and planning!

love the jacket sam! the inspiration board looks great :thumbsup2

Thank you so much! The jacket is really light but I think it goes well with the dress.

YAY I'm so glad the head band and jacket will work! The inspiration board looks great- things are really coming together! YOU HAVE TO POST THIS SPLASH MOUNTAIN CAKE- I hadn't been planning on doing a groom's cake but DF LOVES Splash Mountain so I may have to get it for him!

I can only imagine how great the cake would be. And plus now it's one more cake flavor! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter