~Sam and Marc's DL Wedding~ *Planning Session!*

Ooh, a DL bride! And one that was a CM to boot! I absolutely MUST pick your brain! And follow your PJ, of course! ;)

See, I'm looking to have DL wedding next year as well (we're thinking late Sept/early Oct - and using the same locations as you, in fact!). I'm thinking of doing the cheaper $5000 package, but I was wondering....if you're a CM do you get a pretty signifigant discount? I'm still not going to have a very big wedding, but I may have more than 26 people (which is the maximum for the $5000 package). I still want to stick to that budget though.

Also I'm not a CM currently (or, anymore), though I often do work seasonally which does grant me CM status. I'm thinking of going back to DAK for the summer next year if I do get good discount on the wedding...but I wonder if me being seasonal counts or if Summer 2011 is too late for me to get a discount for a Fall 2011 wedding?

What do you think?

Also, would you happen to know if DL offers any other events you can plan? I was thinking that after the reception it'd be fun to do a dessert party of sorts for the evening. I know they do that at WDW, do they do something like that at DL?

To Lavender Blue:

I'm not sure if someone has already told you this but DL had just started offering an escape package just like at WDW for also $5000. Someone posted the info that a wedding planner sent to her on a diff thread but I forgot which one! Sorry but if you dig a little you can find it! I can also find it and post it when I do.

And yes you can do a Fantasmic dessert party! Again idk if you already found this info but its $59/person; again its on another thread. Ill post it when I find it. :yay:

Yeah, the "cheaper $5000 package" I was referring to was the escape package you're talking about. I had already called and was emailed an attachment about it from Disney - it's pretty nice! But thanks anyway for the help!

And it's good to know there are dessert party options. I hope by the time I call to try and plan that they might have something worked out for World of Color.

I also hear they have an Electrical Light Parade rehearsal dinner, but I'm not sure if I want a rehearsal dinner.

Oh ALSO -

Sam,

I had recently went to a wedding where the bride did something neat with her dress to keep it from dragging and it looked like a nice way to have the BM help you on your wedding day.

After the ceremony, the bridesmaids pinned the back of her dress to make a sort of bustle. A couple of bridesmaids were appointed to learn to do it when they went with the bride to her dress fitting. There was something very touching about all the bridesmaids coming together to help the bride out on her special day. And the bustle looked really pretty, too. I don't know if your dress is long enough to make a bustle, but you could certainly ask.

Yeah, the "cheaper $5000 package" I was referring to was the escape package you're talking about. I had already called and was emailed an attachment about it from Disney - it's pretty nice! But thanks anyway for the help!

And it's good to know there are dessert party options. I hope by the time I call to try and plan that they might have something worked out for World of Color.

I also hear they have an Electrical Light Parade rehearsal dinner, but I'm not sure if I want a rehearsal dinner.

Ok found the info! Hope this helps. It was from Bridetobe82's planning journal and she has a pic of the dessert plate. :cheer2:

Fantasmic! Premium Seating With Dessert

The wonderful Disneyland show Fantasmic! is included in your theme park admission and is shown every night in the summer, and on weekends during parts of the winter. In low season it may not be offered. You can stand with the crowds and watch it for no extra cost. But if you want to watch Fantasmic! with the best possible view and comfortable seating (and enjoy yummy desserts at the same time), you may want to consider booking Fantasmic! Premium Seating.

Fantasmic! Premium Seating includes a reserved seat in a private area near the Haunted Mansion. There are about 60 seats in the Premium Seating area. You will also enjoy a fabulous dessert and drinks such as coffee, soda, iced tea and hot chocolate. If you book Premium Seating for the first performance of Fantasmic! offered that evening, you will also be allowed to keep your seat for the fireworks.

This is strictly a luxury experience and very costly. Reserved seating for Fantasmic! is $59 per adult, $49 per child.

To get reserved seating for Fantasmic! you MUST call one month before the day you plan to attend. (It usually sells out within minutes.) Be on the phone to (714) 781-4400 at 8:00 am (PST). They will give you a confirmation number. On the day of your reservation, you will need to bring that confirmation number, the credit card used to purchase the tickets, and photo ID.

On the day of your reservation, pick up your tickets at Guest Relations outside the Disneyland entrance. Show up at least 30 minutes in advance (45 is better) at the special seating area. They will call you about 20 minutes before the show and show you to your seats. Usually you will be seated based in the order of the tickets purchased, but this is not guaranteed.

We planned a dessert party for our guests right after our rehearsal and everyone had a great time! My mom called exactly one month before right when the ticket office opened and we were lucky to get tickets for all of our guests. Unlike WDW, Disneyland's dessert party is not a private party but a section blocked off with first come first serve seating for those that purchased a ticket. A couple of our family members arrived an hour early to reserve seats for the entire bridal party so that we were able to all sit together. We had the perfect view of Fantasmic! and we were able to stay and watch the firework show right after. We were given all you can drink soda, coffee and hot chocolate.

I read over your planning journal and I feel like we are kindred spirits! I've also been waiting 4 years to get married and its probably gonna be 5 or 6. :sad2: My bf and I have been waiting to get married ever since we met but our financial situation has gotten worse and worse and it just barely got better with my bf getting a job at Disneyland! :banana: He's a vacation planner! But of course its gonna take a while for us to get back on our feet.

I'm such a huge Disney freak and our first real date was at Disneyland and we stayed at the Disneyland hotel and then we stayed there again for an anniversary (would have done it every year but again, money). So Disneyland and the Disneyland hotel hold a special place in our hearts.

We're going to have the ceremony at RCG and the reception at SBP (maybe the Garden room). Please keep posting and I love ur ideas! Very cute! :cutie:

HI guys! thank you for following!

Lavendar_Blue~
Thanks for the info on the bustle. I will be having a bustle, and i think ill take both pairs of shoes to the fitting with me.

I had a week off between school sessions and I got quite a bit of stuff done. I just have to get my pictures onto my computer. Im actually getting different shoes than the ones i previously posted. These are about an inch shorter and Im getting them dyed red. Hopefully this will also help with the hemming issues. Ive also started making my rhinestone iron ons for the shirts. and my bridesmaids are finally choosing their dresses.

Ill be sure to post my new stuff soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter