~Sam and Marc's DL Wedding~ *Planning Session!*

Our Story

Bride- Sam, 21 I’m currently a senior at UC Davis. I’m a wildlife conservation major, and am planning to graduate December 2010. I’m a huge Disney fan. I spent one quarter in florida working at Animal Kingdom and fell in love with WDW. I’m currently secretly trying to convert marc into a Disney fan. ;)

Groom Marc, 21 He’s a career firefighter. He also fights in MMA matches in local areas. He works quite a way away from our home, and since the schedules of firefighters are a little strange, I usually only get to see him for several days every other week.

How we met
We met when we were sophmores in high school, and started dating in January. I soon discovered that he hadn’t been to DL since he was very very little. After we were dating for a bout a year I took him to DL as a valentines gift. Since then we have been taking trips to DL almost yearly. It has become a special place to us and now I cant imagine running around the parks with anyone else.

Engagement
When I left for college at UC Davis it was hard being away from each other. We planned a trip to DL for our 3 year anniversary. We were going in January and by the time we got there it was freezing! We were bundled up to our eyes in sweaters and beanies. We went on a few rides and I noticed that he was being really fidgety and weird. He was adamant about getting to the front of the castle by the time the fireworks started. Unfortunately, it was too windy and drizzling and the fireworks were cancelled for the night. We sat down on a bench and that’s when he got down on his knee and proposed. I was so excited, but all I could think about was my poor marc looking so cold, bundled up, and kneeling on the wet ground. Of course I said yes, and we spent the rest of the weekend elated and frozen.
Part 2- we’ve now been engaged for over 3 years and last October during my birthday Marc surprised me with a new engagement ring. He helped to design the ring, and incorporated my favorite celtic knots into the setting. I was so touched when I found out he had planned it for the past 8 months and put so much thought into it. The ring he originally proposed with was not traditional looking at all, and more of a journey style ring, but I loved it. For some reason our families didn’t seem to take our engagement serious until he gave me a different engagement ring.

Wedding Plans
We will finally be getting married at the Disneyland Hotel on March 12th, 2011!

We went through a lot of ideas before deciding on Disneyland. We considered doing a small wedding somewhere in our hometown. However I wanted to have a large wedding with a beautiful outdoor location, and also a ballroom style reception. If we had our wedding in our hometown, then we would have to travel and be out of our comfort zone for the entire time. Vice versa if we had the wedding in the area we currently live. We decided that Disneyland is a good area that has a lot of history for us, and everyone would travel and be on even footing. It also gave us the opportunity to have a higher class wedding that we wanted.

Our ceremony will be at the Rose Court Garden
DL.W.1-ceremony-main-image.jpg

The reception will be in Sleeping Beautys pavilion
DLH-MH-Sleeping-BeautyPav.jpg

Welcome and congrats!! :cool1: Your venue is GORGEOUS! :lovestruc

Some pictures...

DL after we got engaged
n3231542_32902101_9889.jpg

this is how cold we were
n3231542_32902102_237.jpg

More recently
7131_1230710453317_1395792211_30669671_2224434_n.jpg

Aww, cute couple!! :goodvibes Congrats! So happy to see another DL bride! I've been pretty lonely on the boards! Of course, I am only slightly biased, but your venue is the prettiest ever! ;)

Excited to see more about your plans, and welcome!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. We were married in the RCG in 2003 and had our reception in the Trillium Room over at the GCH.

BTW, my brother graduated from UC Davis in 2008.

So i have my planning session scheduled for the end of March. Were turning it into a fun trip with our best friends. My MOH and her husband, who is also my fiances BM, will be going with us. I'm sure well have a great weekend together, but that Friday will be busy! Were meeting with our photographer in the morning, disney in the afternoon, and the florist in the evening. :faint:

Im very excited to have picked most of our vendors and cant wait to meet them all in person. For photography were using Firelight photography, who gave us a great deal for booking right after new years. The florist will be Designs by Tricia. I've heard so many good things about her, I am so excited!

Now im in the process of putting together a website to include on our STD's

Save The Dates: (Magnets)
a-11756.jpg

currently under construction!

Im not sure what to put in the welcome section yet.

any suggestions?

The Dress!

Yesterday my mom, grandma, sister and I went Dress Shopping. It was actually pretty painless. We went to a shop that was

I'll wear the long veil for the ceremony. I like it because it gives a more traditional wedding feeling. But ill switch to a birdcage veil or fascinator for the cocktail hour and reception. I want it to have a sort of vintage feeling.

Any ideas of websites to find a cute birdcage veil?

Love love your STDs! Very cute! :goodvibes And your dress is beautiful and looks radiant on you! :thumbsup2 I still find myself wishing I had gone with a birdcage veil. Sigh! Haha. I think you're doing right by having the best of both worlds!

As for websites... let's see... definitely check out what good ol' Etsy.com has to offer, of course. Also try somethingbold.com and birdcageveils.com. Hope that helps!

thanks for following! :thumbsup2

i thought id just post a wierd dream i had last night. It was actually more of a nightmare.:rolleyes: The whole thing resulted in the wedding i spent forever planning falling to ruins. :scared1: It started with it being the day before the wedding. I had done nothing for planning between the planning session at a year out and the actual wedding. Something was going wrong at DL so we had to move the wedding to our hometown. I had no vendors, and the morning of random people showed up to make food which was served on mismatched paper plates. People began to show up and some were actually people i didnt even know. Then one of the random boys fell from some wierd ledge and died!:scared1: if that doesnt say unlucky wedding i dont know what does. Next i realized that i never ever picked up my dress or got any alterations. So i was wearing a huge gown around and tripping all over it and eating i think it was some sort of sauce out of a jackolantern shaped dish. :confused: Last i rememberer i was huddled in a makeshift closet in just my underwear and veil crying.

:rotfl: it was pretty random, and im just trying to figure out why i had such a strange dream.

Less than 1 year!
Trust me...it's a big deal to be able to say that when you've already been engaged for over 3 years. :rotfl:

Honeymoon Plans

I just booked our cruise on the dream! :banana: DFi has been pretty apathetic about what to do for a honeymoon, and as much as I dont want to go to WDW as a honeymoon right after a DL wedding :-)scared1: Unnatural I know!) I just cant pass up using my CM discount before I lose it.

So my plans so far:

I'm an obsessive planner and already have it all pictured in my mind. ;)

The wedding is on saturday, so sunday we'll relax and fly to FL sunday night or monday morning. I'd prefer overnight, but DFi hates sleeping on planes. I just cant justify flying in late and paying for a hotel, or wasting an entire day on the plane either. :headache:

Sunday/Monday- Saturday well stay at WDW. Hopefully at Beach Club, or split stay between a deluxe and POFQ.

Sunday - Thursday is our cruise on the Dream. I have us booked for a cat 5A on deck 10. I wanted to make sure we had a clear verandah. Neither of us have cruised before so I hope we have a good time.

Yay for less than a year! :cool1: I really want to go on a Disney cruise for a LONG time and DF has been wanting to do an alaskan cruise so I think we have a Disney Alaska cruise in our near future so we can both get what we want but I REALLY want to cruise on the Dream so we will see where we go first.

Yay for less than a year! :cool1: I really want to go on a Disney cruise for a LONG time and DF has been wanting to do an alaskan cruise so I think we have a Disney Alaska cruise in our near future so we can both get what we want but I REALLY want to cruise on the Dream so we will see where we go first.

the disney alaskan cruise sounds perfect. You'll just have to take another short trip in the bahamas so you can go on the dream.;)

Oh, your venues look so beautiful! I am excited to see a DL wedding! Your dress looks perfect for those venues, and so nice on you :goodvibes

Congratulations!

I'll definitely be following your PJ, as me and my DBF are considering a DLR DFTW also. Disneyland has a special place in our hearts, too, and we're from California, so it'll be easy for family and friends.

Looking forward to more as it comes along. :goodvibes

Linda

Oh, your venues look so beautiful! I am excited to see a DL wedding! Your dress looks perfect for those venues, and so nice on you :goodvibes

Congratulations!

Looking forward to more as it comes along. :goodvibes

Linda

Thanks for following along! :thanks:

I'm really glad I started a PJ because hopefully it'll keep me all straightened out. I've been trying to not put anything on here until its for sure. I can't wait until my PS next week so that I can post some new pics. Im trying not to get my hopes up about it since i hear its a bit of a let down compared to the WDW brides.:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter