Sales Tax

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by IowaTater, Feb 25, 2013.

1. IowaTater

IowaTater Mouseketeer

This may seem like a weird question but I'm trying to figure out our OOP dining budget (we're planning on doing DDP but may still pay for some snacks ourselves because of F&W).

Is sales tax included in the prices posted on this website? If not, does anyone know what the approximate sales tax percentage is?

Normally I would search for the answer but the search function is down right now.

TIA!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sweet Melissa

Sweet Melissa DIS Veteran

Sales tax is included on Food & Wine offerings, but not elsewhere. Tax is 6.5% everywhere except the All Star resorts and Wide World of Sports, which are in Osceola county where tax on prepared food is 7%.

4. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

I think, most of WDW has a 6.5% sales tax, except All Stars and Wide World of Sports. They have a slightly higher rate (7%) because they're in a different county.

For dining, the menu prices listed on the Disney site, Allears, and WDW info generally do not include sales tax (unless it says specifically that the price includes tax).

5. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

The basic Sales Tax rate in Florida is 6.0% and is on most goods and services. The counties have an option, by vote of their residents, to add a surtax of 0.25%, 0.5%, 1.0% or 1.5% to the state rate.

Orange County, which is most of WDW, has a surtax of 0.5% so purchases (including meals) are taxed at 6.5%.

Osceola County, which has the All-Stars Resorts and Wide World of Sports in it, has a 1.0% surtax so purchases at those locations are subject to a 7.0% tax.

In addition, counties are allowed to have a tax on transient lodging. In both Orange and Osceola Counties it is 6.0%, so all lodging except the All Stars is 12.5% while the All Stars, in Osceola County, is 13.0%.

Mike (CPA Retired)

6. IowaTater

IowaTater Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the information!

I guess it's time to bust out the calculator! :thumbsup2