Sales/Good Deals for Things You Need on a Disney Trip

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by SRUAlmn, May 22, 2010.

1. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

We're getting closer to our summer trip, and as I'm thinking about what I need to pack, I thought it might be fun to have a place for people to post when there are sales on things that people might typically need to take on their WDW trips.

Things such as:

Pocket Bac from Bath & Body
    Crocs shoes
    Bottled Water
    Personal Fans
    Mini Backpacks
    Running Shoes
    Wet Ones
    First Aid Supplies
    Etc...

Please be sure to post the store, item, sale price, and valid dates for the sale.

Thanks!!! :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

Disney Outlet
    has kids t-shirts on sale, normally $16.50, on sale for $6.99

Bath & Body Works
    Pocket Bac for $1 each (they have this sale often, but I'm a germaphobe and go through this stuff like crazy at WDW, so I take a lot :rotfl:)

4. DisneyAndRedSox

DisneyAndRedSox I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!

Crocs (Crocs.com)-
    I watch the outlet everyday on Crocs.com, google for discounts and free shipping codes. I find late morning and early afternoon is when new colors are added. DD now has about 7 pairs of crocs for this summer and I paid $8 plus free shipping at the most for each pair (some I bought last winter, some this spring-not all at once!) Even have 2 pairs put aside in the next larger size.

5. mommy2twingles

mommy2twingles Mouseketeer

Target has water misters in the dollar spot area for $2.50. The do not have a fan but sprays a little water. I bought one for my weekend at the races next week.

6. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

I found these journals in the Dollar Aisle at Michaels for $2. I got the Mickey Heads from Home Depot and peeled them off the backing and glued them on the front. I can't decide which I like better :goodvibes The insides are made up of lined paper (wide ruled) and each journal has 100 pages. Great journal to take notes in during our trip for only $2 !!!! Guess I'll have one for next year now too :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The blue Mickey is a little bumpy because I tried hot glue first and it was too chunky. A glue stick worked best!

7. RmrJmrGrl

RmrJmrGrl Earning My Ears

LOVE the journals...very crafty! :)

8. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

Thanks! I thought about getting some ribbon and tying it through the grommet on the front to add a little more flair. I'll post pics if I do :)

9. disneydreamingdebby

disneydreamingdebby DVC Member

Activities for the kids while traveling:

I am going to buy window markers for the drive. I plan on using a coupon for 40% off at Michaels or AC Moore.

I picked up a cranium game and 20 questions at our local $5 Below store. (I picked these up in the fall, but our store constantly stocks items like this.)

Misters at Walmart - 7.97

10. littlezar

littlezar DIS Veteran

I bought Toy Story and Cars temporary tattoos from the Dollar Spot at Target last Wednesday. :)

11. pmdeve

pmdeve DIS Veteran

Thanks for starting this post. I only have 46 days, so I am ready to get my things together.

12. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

YAY! We have 55 days :banana: I'm a teacher, so my focus right now is getting school finished in the next 2 weeks and then I can really :banana::banana::banana: about our trip!

13. leebee

leebee DIS Veteran

We will be at Disney for 10 days so will need to do a load of laundry; I am NOT going to pay the airlines for a second bag! I just got Purex Complete 3-in-1 sheets, which have detergent, anti-static, and softener in them... for free, by going online to the Purex website.

14. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

Thanks!! I just went to get one too! It says it will come in 6-8 weeks, so that should be soon enough for our trip :)

15. Marshay

Marshay I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bi

Joining in ... AC Moore has 50% coupon for today only.

Last week it was good for all week so I printed copies for each of my family (including my 1year old) and we all bought small toys for the trip -- drawing pad, Toy Story 3 activity book and Toy Story 3 Color Wonder Set.

I was happy to see TS products since this will be big (at least for us) this year with the movie next month and Disney in July.

16. bmldisney

bmldisney Earning My Ears

Joining in too!! 56 days:banana::banana:

17. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

You get there the day after us :goodvibes Your ticker says Star Wars weekend, but those are in June :confused3

18. bmldisney

bmldisney Earning My Ears

My son picked out the ticker. :rotfl:

I wish we were going for Star Wars Weekends. Maybe next year........

19. KiKi Mouse

KiKi Mouse DIS Veteran

What brand(s) of window markers are good?

20. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

:rotfl: I thought maybe they added more dates or something :rotfl:

21. santadog

santadog DIS Veteran

Where to begin?

I went to the dollar section at Target, and bought tubes of 15 glow "bracelets" for $1 (perfect for night time events)

At the Dollar Tree (a local Dollar store) I found 2 packs of Glow Necklaces, 2 packs of Ponchos and collapsible umbrellas

I haven't gone yet, but if you have a Brick and Mortar Disney Outlet nearby, call them next weekend. They tend to have sales on the holiday weekends. Last Easter, I got kids T-Shirts for $2.50 each: bought 1 for each day of our trip, and gave Sophie a brand new, never before seen shirt each day of our vacation.