Sales Center at Boardwalk???

mrsminniemouse

DIS Veteran
I know the DVC Sales Team have moved to SSR. I saw a reference in a post to the Sales Center at BWV being removed. I thought this area would just be converted into rooms and a shop or something. I don't quite understand what could be removed. Can anyone explain?

Mandy ::MinnieMo

The offices at BWV were on the 1st floor, facing the Boardwalk. There were also model villas you could tour. They have moved all that to SSR, that is where you go now to take a tour. The area has been converted to villas in the BWV theme, at least that is my understanding of the situation.

OK, thanks, that makes sense. The thing I read made it sound like something was being dismantled!!!!!!

I expect it will be a store on the bit that opens right on to the Boardwalk. There are no villas facing out that way are there?

Mandy::MinnieMo

I read that they were going to dismantle the red building along the canal in back of Boardwalk that contained some of the sales offices.

They sold extra points at BWV over a year ago to account for these additional rooms where the models used to be. I'm not sure how they were able to do that since they are not yet ready for occupancy. You would think the additional points would not have been effective until this year.

Anyone returning from BWV lately notice any construction work in this area? I'm curious to find out if they are going to have first floor villas facing the boardwalk or will somehow rework that area for a store or restaurant. There were other model rooms that faced the pool I believe that could be easily converted to boardwalk's room theme.

Originally posted by AJKMOM
The offices at BWV were on the 1st floor, facing the Boardwalk. There were also model villas you could tour. They have moved all that to SSR, that is where you go now to take a tour. The area has been converted to villas in the BWV theme, at least that is my understanding of the situation.

There were also offices that faced the "little red house". That portable building is going to be torn down and there will be more canal views available as well.

Two weeks ago the DVC sales center was still on the first floor with one patio door open with a DVC CM. The Red Building was still there - but it looked like they were packing up inside. If they do put BW view villas on the first floor, I hope they rework the area leading to the BW so people can't get to the patios as easily as they can now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter