salads?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Figee17, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Figee17

Figee17 Mouseketeer

anyone have recommendations on *healthy* salads in WDW restaurants? I like mixed green on spinach based salads

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. anniemae

anniemae Either she is eating a delicious

I like the colony salad at Liberty Tree Tavern, but that is a sit down restaurant. It had grilled chicken, apples cut up in it and a vinegrette dressing. It was really filling and yummy!

4. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD has a wonderful spinach and radicchio salad. We usually ask them to hold the radicchio but we do pair the salad with their squash soup!
    The Mara salad at Mara in AKL is very good too. It has chicken, mixed greens and very tasty lentils!

5. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

There's a good salad at the Roaring Forks in WL, also at Tusker House. The same salad that was at Tusker House is also on the buffet at Cape May.
    I LOVE salads at WDW, and recently I read on the Disney food blog of a cantelope salad at Backlot at DHS. However I can't find it on the menu. Does anyone know more?

6. Phil Cirrone

Phil Cirrone Mouseketeer

Can't wait to try all of these.

7. showers2flowers

showers2flowers Mouseketeer

The quick service at AKL has one called the Mara Salad that is very good, although I did not care for the dressing. Mixed greens, lentils, chickpeas, feta (I think), cucumber, tomato. The dressing was a chile/lime/cilantro but something in it (honey?) was too sweet for me. Chicken optional, I believe, although I had it with.

8. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

The dressing hadn't sounded appealing to me so I got a couple of packets of Ranch from the refrigerated section. It was a made to order salad and very fresh.

9. Geomom

Geomom Mouseketeer

Some salads I've enjoyed at Disney World:
    Hollywood Studios:
    ABC Commisary (CS):
    Asian Salad - (I'm not sure what kind of lettuce (possibly just iceberg)), but it has Edamame, pickled ginger, and some chow mein noodles on top with an asian vinagrette.-$7.19

Magic Kingdom:
    Columbia Harbor House (CS):
    Broccoli pepper corn salad - broccoli, corn, peas, mixed green salad, red onion,fresh baked chicken breast, and parmesan cheese with a peppercorn ranch dressing - $8.19

Pinocchio Village Haus (CS):
    Mediterranean Salad - Made with mixed greens, chicken, and mozzarella cheese. - $8.49

10. ttintagel

ttintagel DIS Veteran

Seconding the LTT Colony Salad. "Washington apples, sweet pecans and applewood smoked cheddar, dried cranberry Craisins, and grilled chicken tossed with field greens in honey shallot vinaigrette." (I get it w/o the chicken.) It's only available at lunch. I was going to post a picture, but the only one I have has way too much flash, which doesn't make it look as good as it tastes!

11. disneydreamkate

disneydreamkate DIS Veteran

Some salads I have enjoyed at WDW:

EP: Sunshine Seasons has a nice salad with field greens, roasted beets, and goat cheese

AoA and POR: both have the "Make your Own" salad and spinach is one of three options for your greens

AKL: As others mentioned...The Mara salad is very good

Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

12. jwfla422

jwfla422 DIS Veteran/Philly Native

This is my absolute favorite salad in all of WDW!! They even have the recipe for the salad and dressing and will give it to you (not sure if they still do this but they did and I make that dressing when I crave that salad).

I order it with the cheese on the side though because if they load it on the salad that can make it, well, "not so healthy" if it's overloaded with cheese. It is really simple though, but always so fresh, the chicken perfectly cooked and seasoned and the honey shallot dressing just makes it special but it's only available at lunch at LTT.

Here's a photo of it:

[​IMG]

13. MinnieGirl33

MinnieGirl33 Hockey Mom

Artist Palette at SSR has some great salads too!