Looking for hotel near port Miami with airport and port transfers

Cathy718

Everything happens for a reason!
I have always sailed out of port Canaveral and stayed right at the airport the night before and then took disney transportation to the port. This time I am sailing out of Miami and would like to do the same. Where has everyone stayed, what transportation do you use from the airport to the hotel the night before, from the hotel to the ship and after the cruise from the ship to the airport?

We sailed out of Miami on May 1 last year. We did a few days prior in Miami, so we decided to stay at the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon Miami Airport. Included transportation from the airport to hotel, free dinner and breakfast (both were good), free internet, pool, there was a full kitchen in our 2 room suite. I think we paid about $150 per night. We had views of the lagoon. It was nice because there was an Enterprise car rental at the hotel next door so we got our rental car there for a few days to see the Everglades, the Keys and Biscayne National Park. We also did some shopping at the nearby mall and at the grocery store and Costco. We used Uber to get to the port and it was cheap. (We live at the beach, so the ocean/beach was not important to us)

We flew into Ft Lauderdale, spent the night at the Hilton on the Intercostal and took Jiffy Jeff's to the port, and back to the airport, quick and easy.

We also stayed at the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon. In March we flew in the night before the cruise and took the free transport from the airport to the hotel. We walked from the hotel to a local grocery store and got some dinner as well as water and champagne to take on the cruise. In the morning we had free breakfast at the hotel, it was pretty busy. We then took the free shuttle back to the airport and then took Disney transfers from the airport to the port.

On our Disney Magic cruise recently, we stayed at the Comfort Suites near the Miami airport. They had a nice Mercedes shuttle that picked us up at the airport. Hotel was very modern. We walked down to the Airport Café for supper, and they had some great Cuban food. The shuttle driver took us to Walgreens after supper, so we could pick up supplies for our cruise. There is a Valero station on the corner, in front of the Comfort Suites, and they had some cruise essentials also. (suntan lotion, toothpaste, deodorant, etc..) When we checked in, we were signed-up for the shuttle to the port. We had the 9:30 shuttle, and the shuttle was there about 9:15. They will pick you up after the cruise, for $10 per person, but we had 3 in our group, and the taxi charges a flat rate of $27 from the cruise port to Miami airport. We had a 9:55 flight, and we cleared security and were waiting at our gate by around 8:35. Breakfast was eggs, sausage and make-your-own waffles. Our room was on the back side of the hotel, and I could still hear the planes taking off, but with my fan going, it didn't bother me.......jonathan

On our Disney Magic cruise recently, we stayed at the Comfort Suites near the Miami airport. They had a nice Mercedes shuttle that picked us up at the airport. Hotel was very modern. We walked down to the Airport Café for supper, and they had some great Cuban food. The shuttle driver took us to Walgreens after supper, so we could pick up supplies for our cruise. There is a Valero station on the corner, in front of the Comfort Suites, and they had some cruise essentials also. (suntan lotion, toothpaste, deodorant, etc..) When we checked in, we were signed-up for the shuttle to the port. We had the 9:30 shuttle, and the shuttle was there about 9:15. They will pick you up after the cruise, for $10 per person, but we had 3 in our group, and the taxi charges a flat rate of $27 from the cruise port to Miami airport. We had a 9:55 flight, and we cleared security and were waiting at our gate by around 8:35. Breakfast was eggs, sausage and make-your-own waffles. Our room was on the back side of the hotel, and I could still hear the planes taking off, but with my fan going, it didn't bother me.......jonathan

Did you have to call the hotel in advance to schedule them picking you up from the hotel? We are staying at this hotel in a few days.

Did you have to call the hotel in advance to schedule them picking you up from the hotel? We are staying at this hotel in a few days.
When you get to the Comfort Suites, they have a book at the front desk. In that book, they have the shuttle times, and depending on when you want to go, and if they have availability, they will add your name to the list. I believe the first shuttles left at 9:30, and then every hour after that.....

We stayed recently at Comfort Suites Miami North as well. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and had nice contemporary decor. The port shuttle was well run and efficient. Since our flight got in late at 10 pm and our cruise left the next day, I called the morning of check-in day to be put on the port shuttle list. It was 6 of us and I didn't want to take a chance that the time I wanted would be full.

The airport shuttle, however, was a whole other story. I had read reports that the wait for the shuttle could take an hour, so I thought I was somewhat mentally prepared. Well, I didn't think about (but probably should have), that we would have to wait outside and that it would still be hot and humid at 11 pm. A tip - the Comfort Suites shuttle has the Comfort Suites square logo above the windshield to your left as you look at the shuttles coming towards you. When you see hotel shuttle after hotel shuttle pass by, it's important to know at the first possible moment if the one coming is they one you need. :) Anyways, we ended up waiting about 35 minutes. The shuttle was full when we left, but as it passed another terminal (maybe international), someone waved us down and told the driver that they had been waiting for 45 minutes. The driver told them he would be back in 10 minutes. Um...yeah, I don't think so, more like 30 minutes. I felt really bad for them.

I think it's really luck of the draw. If you happen to come in at a busy time, be prepared to wait. If the price was right, I'd stay there again, but I would plan to take a taxi to the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter