Saga of the Queen of Resort Changes~Two TRs in One *COMPLETED*

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by pas130, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

TGIF All! :cool1:

Christine: Seems like Gus is meant to be!! :hug:

Thanks Jen! :hug:

Well, I know I already love the princesses (and princes) :hug:

Oh, THAT'S when I'll stay at the POLY!

Pas, here are some pix I posted on the RC thread ... :)

[​IMG]

AT IOA ....

[​IMG]

AT THE GF ....

[​IMG]

Oh, I may be ahead of your TR on this pix .... but it can always be moved .... :)

[​IMG]

Pop~YES
    GF~YES
    Poly~YES
    CR~NO
    POR~Maybe
    WL~split decision
    BWI~NO
    YC/BC~YES

Gee, I love the resort you listed first ... :hippie: And princesses have a right to change.... much like their queen momma .... :goodvibes

:laughing:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the pics BFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus you and Kook have a gift of editting them to look so great!! :thumbsup2

All good, you are right on time:hug:

We love you too!!!! Especially me!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

4. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

5. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Ditto!

6. pas130

Lunch at GF Cafe!!

I was SO glad to be on the boat to the Grand :goodvibes

We were cutting it very close to our ADR time (thanks to a very long wait for a bus at WL) :rolleyes1 So we headed straight for lunch..

This was my first time eating at the GF Cafe, hubs and I almost ate there, but he decided against it I swear GF is like his kryptonite why doesn't he like it there, we had a great stay....ugh...:confused3

Sorry, back to lunch, we were seated immediately by the window

[​IMG]

This place is lovely, we did see some workers in hard hats from time to time...but nothing crazy...the girls all circled their choices and it was appetizer, entree, dessert, the server loved how they ordered...very cute!!

It was a good deal for a TS meal IMO..I had the GF burger YUMMY!!! The chef came out and was talking to the guests, it was a fantastic meal...to be followed by a visit to the lobby of course!!!

Now, WL lobby was amazing, so I can only compare by saying GF takes my breath away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They were still constructing the Gingerbread house
    [​IMG]

I sent this pic to DH who replied "Kate had too much sugar"...and you'll see shortly he was SO right...Maddie was upset there wasn't any gingerbread for sale..but they were giving out samples, and the CM was overly generous to her princess: She liked this much better than CR..."It was crunchy like a cookie, not soft and chewy Mommy" It had dark chocolate on the back..very sure that helped!!!

We sat in the lobby enjoying it all ! It wasn't too crowded either...

then we walked the grounds...The courtyard pool was all blocked off, the water play area surprisingly did not impress my girls who said, the Polynesian pool is prettier....I cannot wait for the GF construction to be completed!!! I need my Grand to come back!!

While at the GF, the text came that our room was ready (2ish) so we chose to hop the monorail since we were chilly on the boat.....we stopped mid trip twice, and it took quite awhile to get back to the Poly :crazy2:

7. pas130

Your wish is my command friends :grouphug:

8. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

If I could ONLY get my DH to walk into the GF. Granted, I don't want to stay there either, but I've heard such great things about the Grand Floridian Cafe and would really like to try it.

I love the picture of the adorable PAS girls in front of the Christmas tree at the GF.

The monoaril...you either love it or hate it. I currently hate it as we have been stuck on it for 15 minutes or more our last three trips. I now avoid it if at all possible.

9. pas130

We stayed there in 2011, the CMs were fantastic, room and pool great!! But a neighbor banged on the wall around 9ish (wanting us to be quiet) My kiddos weren't that loud...but you know....and that did NOT sit right with him at all. Plus he doesn't like the smell...

The girls were so in love with the lobby, I gave up getting Maddie to look at the camera....

And as much as I LOVE the monorail, I prefer the boats since the monorail has been down or delayed more often than not....we were stuck and the girls were not happy :sad2:

Tell Mark he really doesn't have to go in the GF...not really...hop the boat from MK and the back entrance brings you right to the Cafe ;)

10. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Funny you mention the smell. When we stopped by the lobby this weekend, DH and DS both immediately said how they HATED the smell and couldn't wait to get of there.

11. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

Thanks to JungleCruiser I now love the GF Cafe. Last trip it was the best breakfast I've had at WDW .... in fact I like it so much I went again!!! :rotfl:

12. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Not liking the "too much sugar" comment....what could that sweet little thing possibly do??? Your girls are just A-dorable.

13. pas130

That sounds like DH....:sad1: I will agree that our room's scent was even stronger...but I liked it....:rolleyes1

We are definitely doing a family breakfast there!! :thumbsup2

Thanks Jen :hug: Let's just say Kate goes from sweet to mean when you add sugar :sick: Ask Deena ;)

14. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Pas, you are so very welcome :goodvibes... being on time and me don't neccessarily go hand in hand, but thank you for saying so! :rotfl2: You know I love playing around with pictures, and especialy with your adorable girls :flower3: Now for more "time" to do all the fun stuff I want to do....

Men...:rolleyes: Maybe the GF will have to be for a girls trip?? :flower3:

Will have to try the burger next time... the one and only time we ate at the Cafe the meal was just okay ...

ohhh... those crunchy gingerbread cookies wihth dark chocolate sounds yummy!!:thumbsup2

Not our Kate!!! NEVER!

15. pas130

Hi bff..laying my little hurricane down for a much needed rest...I spent the morning trying to think of a doable way to switch Aug trip to Jan..I'm hopeless...LOL...if we did a value.....flights are cheap...can Brandon miss school...all these decisions...BTW dh just found out he has 5 vacation days that his boss will let him take in Jan..since they're too busy for him to take them now....guess ill be chatting with him tonight. LOL...

16. pas130

Back to the Poly!!!!

We headed back to the Poly to check out our room...When we got back to the Poly, I really regretted our Royal Pacific stay...

It was amazing and I loved Universal BUT it is not Disney....not by a longshot. And the boys would've absolutely loved the Poly!!!!

Now we hit the room...1st floor :flower3: The patio was cool, but I can see losing a child...I was a little paranoid letting the girls play while I unpacked...however our room was by an exit door. If we wanted to go to the quiet pool or walk out to the boats it was right there!! Bell services brought our bags in like 5 min. after I called WOW!!!! BUT it was FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR from the lounge. Bree and Maddie begged to go swimming, mind you it was maybe 65 degrees and drizzling....Kate...well Kate ...

"Mommy I don't feel good..." and poor Kate threw up :guilty:

So I had some medicine I gave her, and had her lay down...and now I panic....I hope we don't have to miss MK....the other two girls are Mad Mad Mad..they want to do something..after about an hour we hit the lounge to color...the girls had some appetizers (yep it was 5pm) and I did too and some punch...the CM suggested I put some in a cup "To Go" which I was more than happy too...when I was sure Kate was done throwing up, and she had some pink color back in her face...it was off to the boat to MK for the party. The Captain told us to be sure we were by the Castle to see the show at 6:15pm....GOT IT!!!! MVMCP was sold out that night...I was concerned about the crowds...but I have to say..they were excellent checking bracelets all night...

Did I mention I am SO glad we cancelled the dessert party?????:upsidedow

17. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Oh no, I hope Kate continued to feel better!:sick:

18. amandaw

amandaw DIS Veteran

Love the picture of the girls in front of the Christmas tree!

Poor Kate. :sad2: I hope she was better during the party.

19. pas130

She did Jen..and the party was great...I'll do that update soon!!
    Taking pictures proved to be a challenge. All depended on their moods. But there was so much activity in the gf lobby. They did fantastic Amanda. Note that Kate did look a little green. I texted the pic to DH who immediately replied...Kate ate too much sugar..LOL

20. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

Ah, poor Kate, not feeling well!

But :woohoo: for making it to the MK in time. I was afraid you wouldn't make it to the party at all with Kate not feeling well.

21. pas130

Ah Karin...so was I. Club level...too many goodies...:rolleyes2