Saga of the Queen of Resort Changes~Two TRs in One *COMPLETED*

Welcome Back!!

Sounds like y'all were off to a good start!

I really want to go to back to Universal just to do the Despicable Me ride. I've seen a few pictures of the queue and it looks so cute!

I am back from my trip too! Love the updates and don't mind reading the novel - you're a great writer, I can just picture everything in my head. (Just had to go back and check up who is who of your princesses, so I could make the pics work! :rotfl2:)

What a wonderful first day - a good flight always starts a vacation off on the right foot! We have Frontier nonstop to NCO out of Greensboro beginning this month - did you take carry ons or check luggage? I've heard Frontier cost adds up by pre selecting seats and checking baggage...but it would be so worth it to leave from an airport 15 mins away rather than an hour and 15 mins..though it sounds like the opposite for you. Hope it was an easy drive and worth doing again!:thumbsup2

YAY :cool1: for Bree and 40 inches!! :cheer2:

LOVE a water launch to/from the resort so it sounds wonderful!

I must go find some descriptions of Universal attractions so I know what you're talking about. ::yes::
(Last time I was at Universal ET was brand new - sad it is closing...kind of the end of an era.)

Sarah! It is so good to know you are home, on line from your own comfy chair. :goodvibes

Kathy, hope you had a great weekend with the kids!

:wave: Karin! Welcome back! Next stop....your TR! :goodvibes

amandaw said:
Welcome Back!!

Sounds like y'all were off to a good start!

I really want to go to back to Universal just to do the Despicable Me ride. I've seen a few pictures of the queue and it looks so cute!
We weren't going to do the park to park tickets... But they love seussland and harry potter..so for 200 bucks more..lol..despicable me was terrific
dizneeat said:
I am back from my trip too! Love the updates and don't mind reading the novel - you're a great writer, I can just picture everything in my head. (Just had to go back and check up who is who of your princesses, so I could make the pics work! :rotfl2:)
Welcome home. I hope Disney Paris Christmas was awesome...and I know you'll have pics.. lol
Glad you don't mind reading..
Minnie&Nana said:
What a wonderful first day - a good flight always starts a vacation off on the right foot! We have Frontier nonstop to NCO out of Greensboro beginning this month - did you take carry ons or check luggage? I've heard Frontier cost adds up by pre selecting seats and checking baggage...but it would be so worth it to leave from an airport 15 mins away rather than an hour and 15 mins..though it sounds like the opposite for you. Hope it was an easy drive and worth doing again!:thumbsup2

YAY :cool1: for Bree and 40 inches!! :cheer2:

LOVE a water launch to/from the resort so it sounds wonderful!

I must go find some descriptions of Universal attractions so I know what you're talking about. ::yes::
(Last time I was at Universal ET was brand new - sad it is closing...kind of the end of an era.)
we did carry ons. Depending on what seat you buy is the amenities you get. For an extra 20 bucks rt we has 2 checked bags. Direct tv for free instead of 599. And no change fee. Economy you can pick your seat when you book. I hear spirit is bad with fees

Guess who has a new laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some pics at IoA

Maddie

100MEDIAIMAG0117.jpg

Kate

100MEDIAIMAG0116.jpg

Bree

100MEDIAIMAG0118.jpg

We weren't going to do the park to park tickets... But they love seussland and harry potter..so for 200 bucks more..lol..despicable me was terrific

Welcome home. I hope Disney Paris Christmas was awesome...and I know you'll have pics.. lol
Glad you don't mind reading..
we did carry ons. Depending on what seat you buy is the amenities you get. For an extra 20 bucks rt we has 2 checked bags. Direct tv for free instead of 599. And no change fee. Economy you can pick your seat when you book. I hear spirit is bad with fees

$20 for checked bags, but did carry ons? Direct TV for free? Sorry, didn't quite compute in this brain!! Sorry!!

Saw your post on Kathy's TR about the Evil Sisters...they'd better no be at CRT - my sweet and extremely shy Sophia will be there late January - her first visit!! Two ngts LM room (we cannot convince her to stay anywhere else!) and one day MK...and I am at a loss to tell them good hints where to see Mickey & Minnie...how the fast pass works for Town Sq M&M and Princess meet...know nothing about the new Fantasyland...

How can it be I cannot help plan a trip for my grand-baby!:confused3;)

You paid $20 for checked bags, but did carry ons? Direct TV for free? Sorry, didn't quite compute in this brain!! Sorry!!

Saw your post on Kathy's TR about the Evil Sisters...they'd better no be at CRT - my sweet and extremely shy Sophia will be there late January - her first visit!! Two ngts LM room (we cannot convince her to stay anywhere else!) and one day MK...and I am at a loss to tell them good hints where to see Mickey & Minnie...how the fast pass works for Town Sq M&M and Princess meet...know nothing about the new Fantasyland...

How can it be I cannot help plan a trip for my grand-baby!:confused3;)

It's OK Christine :hug: There are different fares. Economy, Classic, Classic Plus. I bought Classic (since there are no change fees~which is $50 BTW) but it included Direct TV and checked bags. Economy is the basic fare, but it's $20 to check bags and $5.99 for Direct TV...the Classic was $20 more than Economy..clear as mud :faint:

It's OK Christine :hug: There are different fares. Economy, Classic, Classic Plus. I bought Classic (since there are no change fees~which is $50 BTW) but it included Direct TV and checked bags. Economy is the basic fare, but it's $20 to check bags and $5.99 for Direct TV...the Classic was $20 more than Economy..clear as mud :faint:

:rotfl: Could they possibly make it anymore confusing!!! :rotfl:

Thanks for the clarification, sweetie!!:love:

:rotfl: Could they possibly make it anymore confusing!!! :rotfl:

Thanks for the clarification, sweetie!!:love:

You're welcome :hug:

I just realized those pics are from Islands of Adventure...

Afternoon at IoA~

Back to the parks we went!!!

The boat came super fast this time, and it was empty! We had our own boat!!!

First stop....Spiderman :charac4:

I think it's a wee bit scary..but the girls love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went and got some Milkshakes...it was plenty warm for ice cream that afternoon,,

Then we went over to Jurassic Park Discovery Center, where the girls got to pet a "real" baby triceratops :lovestruc

No worries if Bree would make the 42 inch height requirement as Maddie dislikes the ride :rolleyes1

Then it was off to Harry Potter!!! We love the store fronts...and we wanted to ride Hippogriff..however it was stuck on the track for some time...with people on it....SO we passed and headed to Seussland!

The skies were dark, but a quick drizzle was all!!! :banana:

So we enjoyed the Grinchmas decorations...and rode all the rides until we were ready for dinner!

Back to RPR...we were exhausted, and hungry...

We hit the lounge for appys. You could make dinner out of it easily, except my girls didn't want Chicken fried rice, or salad...or any of it....

ROOM SERVICE PLEASE!!!! We had a less than stellar meal, but we enjoyed eating in the room ::yes::

Since it was too cold to swim....bubble baths for all!!!

Then our friend Deena (luvluvluv) came to visit!!! :cool1:

Now Bree and Maddie were perfect hostesses, my Kate was on a sugar fit :furious: Deena is a sweetie!!!!!!!!!!! And more beautiful than her pics on the DIS!!! We had dessert and coffee and soda..and when I had finally had it with my Kate's nastiness...we said goodnight to our new friend :hug: I am so glad she came to visit!!!!

On the way back, Scooby and Woody Woodpecker were in the lobby!!!

Of course I had NO camera :( but the interaction was FABULOUS. Scooby is Kate's all time favorite!!! And they played with the girls for quite some time!! The perfect evening, and it really lightened Kate's mood :dance3:

It was off to bed for us.....our goal 2 CL breakfasts!!! Can we pull it off ;)

:woohoo: for the new laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your princesses are just too cute ....... and I guess little Kate is even cute with a sugar overdose. ;)

I bet if anyone can pull of 2 CL breakfasts than it is you and your princesses. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the update! :goodvibes

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind you are able to do two CL breakfasts!!! Can't wait to hear, about it :)

That is so great you were able to meet Deena. It must have been so fun to talk face to face. :hug:

The pictures of the girls are adorable. princess:

A new laptop, yay!!!!!

:woohoo: for the new laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your princesses are just too cute ....... and I guess little Kate is even cute with a sugar overdose. ;)

I bet if anyone can pull of 2 CL breakfasts than it is you and your princesses. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the update! :goodvibes
I purposely did not set the alarm...but the girls are early risers..except poor Kate..the sugar really caught up to Kate by Thursday night :rolleyes2

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind you are able to do two CL breakfasts!!! Can't wait to hear, about it :)

That is so great you were able to meet Deena. It must have been so fun to talk face to face. :hug:

The pictures of the girls are adorable. princess:

A new laptop, yay!!!!!
Deena is so lovely!!! I've yet to meet a DISer I didn't like ;)

I felt bad for poor Deena though the girls were bouncing off the walls!!! They really enjoyed meeting a new friend and showing off the snack room :cutie:

Moving day!!!!

So....we were up by 715am :p

After my shower, I packed up and headed to the lounge with the princess:princess:princess: for Breakfast and :coffee:

We had toast, bagels, cereal and pastries...then they wanted to color a little bit :goodvibes

By 8:30am, they wanted to go to Disney :cool1:

So we checked out and we were off:car::hyper2:

And ten minutes later....we were in WDW...

I usually let DH drive, so I have no idea how I missed the turn for the Poly :blush:

As I drove along, I looked to my right and saw a Christmas tree outside the CR pixiedust: that means the resorts are probably decorated!!!!

Wait a minute...CR??? Where's the Poly???

So I went straight...I ended up by CM parking...but we did see the Train crossing, full of CMs AND the back of Space Mountain...it was cool ::yes::

I did eventually get us back to the Poly!!!

Now I had a less than stellar Poly check in Nov 2011...

This one, not much better...

Went to the front desk as there was no greeter to meet us, the CM called to have someone come, and there was no one available so he walked us himself...he was very nice :goodvibes

We get to Hawaii, where a nice CM checked us in, and gave the girls their buckets and shovels for the beach :beach: Since our room was not ready, I asked if someone could help us with the bags (I really should've left them in the car) So I was sent back to the lobby...okaaayyy....I get to Bell Services, and I was sent to Valet....now I was carrying ALL the bags and getting frustrated...

Bell services gave the girls their leis...which we hadn't gotten at check-in (Janet, I am not meant to have leis) I am glad Maddie remembered to ask princess:

So Valet checks our bags....and we head back to Hawaii...because the girls decided they were hungry again :rotfl:

The Poly was decorated lovely, and it has a nice smell..which I have never noticed....

100MEDIAIMAG0126.jpg

So Bree found a table by the window facing the GF and the castle..and the tree...there we has our second CL breakfast. The POG juice was delish!!! We decided other than than the juice, the offerings for breakfast are much better at RPR. But the Poly lounge cannot be beat for atmosphere!

YAY! for your new laptop!

I love the pictures of the girls on the carousel @ IoA. So sweet!

Glad you got to meet with Deena....sounds like fun!

And Woo Hoo! for getting moved over to Disney! Even if check-in wasn't too great. :worried:

Can I just say that your girls are absolutely adorable? :goodvibes

Love the photos while at IOA.

Sorry the check-in wasn't stellar, but glad you've arrived safely.

In case I don't get back here tomorrow, have a great Thanksgiving.

poohthanksgiving.gif

I knew you would make it to another "snack room" breakfast! :thumbsup2

We had a similar experience checking in last year at the Poly, but it still was a nice stay (we paid for POR and were upgraded to the Poly. :rotfl2:)
Your girls are so cute by the Christmas tree. :goodvibes

So you got "lost" driving to the Poly ..... wasn't it more like you WANTED to show your girls the backside of Space Mountain. ;)

YAY! for your new laptop!

I love the pictures of the girls on the carousel @ IoA. So sweet!

Glad you got to meet with Deena....sounds like fun!

And Woo Hoo! for getting moved over to Disney! Even if check-in wasn't too great. :worried:
:goodvibes Thanks Amanda!! And Happy Thanksgiving !! :hug:

Can I just say that your girls are absolutely adorable? :goodvibes

Love the photos while at IOA.

Sorry the check-in wasn't stellar, but glad you've arrived safely.

In case I don't get back here tomorrow, have a great Thanksgiving.

poohthanksgiving.gif
Happy Thanksgiving to you Kathy :hug: Thanks!! The problem with my Princesses, is they KNOW how adorable they are :rotfl:

I knew you would make it to another "snack room" breakfast! :thumbsup2

We had a similar experience checking in last year at the Poly, but it still was a nice stay (we paid for POR and were upgraded to the Poly. :rotfl2:)
Your girls are so cute by the Christmas tree. :goodvibes

So you got "lost" driving to the Poly ..... wasn't it more like you WANTED to show your girls the backside of Space Mountain. ;)

;) I like that..I wanted to get "behind the scenes" :rolleyes1

My last Poly check in was not the best either (we did a one night stay..DH and I last November) I was hoping it was a fluke...but it is a beautiful resort...so the check in...you can overlook, right :cool2:

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
DisneyThanksgving-1.jpg

We've stayed at the Poly more times than I can count and they have never been the best check-in CM's - we try to be extra nice because I like to think they had a grumpy guest before us...but many time it is near impossible to get a smile out of them...oh, well...it is still our favorite resort...the front desk CM's cannot ruin that!:thumbsup2

Absolutely top CM's have been at AKL, WL and POP (the Dolphin was incredible)! (we've had oodles of Poly and CR stays with a few GF and BC, VWL, AKL, BWV, CBR, POR, FQ, and POP).

Not sure I understand why some guests think Poly isn't pretty and Christmasy - I LOVE it any time of year!! ;) Glad you made it for breakfast!

Your princess: princess: princess: are all just so adorable!!! :love:

Wl gf and yc were top notch!!! I love the pic!!! Poly is beautiful for Christmas!!! I completely agree!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter