Safe family neighborhoods near Disney?

Hi: We are looking to rent for four months and are looking at a rental in Bass Lake Resort. It is a mobile home. Does anyone know anything about it. I think it is in Davenport. It is supposed to be about 15-20 minutes from WDW. Any help would really be appreciated.

This thread made me miss Clermont, we lived there for a few years. We're now over on the Space Coast near Melbourne. We really like Clermont though and would move back there if the opportunity presented itself.
How far is Clermont from Disney? We are very interested in moving to FL.

How far is Clermont from Disney? We are very interested in moving to FL.

If you're talking about living within the actual Clermont city limits, it's about 30-35 minutes depending on where in Disney you're going. Most of this time is spent once you hit the traffic on 192. Many people that talk about Clermont being closer to Disney are actually referring to unincorporated areas of Clermont that are farther south, near where 192 meets 27 (referred to as part of the Four Corners area). We live in Clermont city limits, which is where much of the city development that makes it a great place for families is occurring... e.g. the new Arts & Rec center, revitalizing Waterfront Park, new splash pad that just opened last month, etc.

http://www.maptechnica.com/us-city-boundary-map/city/Clermont/state/FL/cityid/1212925

Last edited:
If you're talking about living within the actual Clermont city limits, it's about 30-35 minutes depending on where in Disney you're going. Most of this time is spent once you hit the traffic on 192. Many people that talk about Clermont being closer to Disney are actually referring to unincorporated areas of Clermont that are farther south, near where 192 meets 27 (referred to as part of the Four Corners area). We live in Clermont city limits, which is where much of the city development that makes it a great place for families is occurring... e.g. the new Arts & Rec center, revitalizing Waterfront Park, new splash pad that just opened last month, etc.

http://www.maptechnica.com/us-city-boundary-map/city/Clermont/state/FL/cityid/1212925

is the Clermont in the Four Corners area 'South Clermont" or is that somewhere different completely? It's sad we're not moving for 3 years and I'm already stalking the realtor sites....and this thread!

Thank you! This is very helpful.

I live in Windermere. I love it, but there are many other nice areas not that far from Disney. There is a new,area being developed in Winter Garden called Horizons West. It has some very nice neighborhoods.

One thing to keep in mind when looking for a home in Central Florida is that utility prices can vary a great deal depending on where you chose to live. For instance, I live in an area that offers reclaimed water. It is much cheaper to use for irrigation purposes. I know people who live in Lake County who don't use their irrigation systems because it is so expensive. They do not have reclaimed water available.

We moved to Davenport, across from Four Corners, we love it! Just about 8 weeks ago. We can see fireworks from our balcony, and its reasonable new construction! PM me and I'll tell you which one. It's off 27. Just far enough away to get away if we want, but in the heart of the action! Cast members are always walking their dogs, and I can run or walk at night, most of the place is still unfinished construction, so not a lot of people. And we have a clubhouse and a pool! We are living the dream! :D (our HOA covers their irrigation, we only pay our own water and sewer and Elec. They keep up the grounds.)

One thing to keep in mind when looking for a home in Central Florida is that utility prices can vary a great deal depending on where you chose to live. For instance, I live in an area that offers reclaimed water. It is much cheaper to use for irrigation purposes. I know people who live in Lake County who don't use their irrigation systems because it is so expensive. They do not have reclaimed water available.

This is probably true. We don't run our irrigation system very much at all. We just honestly find it unnecessary. We ran it once in early April because it wasn't raining much. But now, and probably for the rest of the summer, there will be enough rain. Our lawn is green and looking good.

This is probably true. We don't run our irrigation system very much at all. We just honestly find it unnecessary. We ran it once in early April because it wasn't raining much. But now, and probably for the rest of the summer, there will be enough rain. Our lawn is green and looking good.

It tends to vary from year to year. I've been living in Central Florida for 11 years. Some years we get plenty of rain, but there have been summers with very little rain. There were a lot of brush fires those years due to lack of rainfall. When that happens, your yard can dry out very quickly.

Staceyeileen:
We are in the process of renting in the Historic District of Clermont. What do you think of this area?

Staceyeileen:
We are in the process of renting in the Historic District of Clermont. What do you think of this area?

Are you concerned about schools at all? I don't think it's in a very good school zone. If you want to PM me with a more specific street/area I can give you a better idea. I'm assuming historic Clermont = downtown Clermont?

Our children are grown. Just DH and I. It says historic downtown Clermont. Just wondered about safety. Apparently Farmers Market is practically right outside.

Interesting thread not moving to Florida anytime soon but I am enjoying all the info

We are in the process of selling our home and relocating to the Orlando area. We have a unique situation since my dh works from home, we homeschool our children, and our oldest dd just finished her first year of college. We would like to be within an hour or so of the parks, good shopping, homeschool groups, and a college with a good nursing program for our oldest DD. (priorities! ha) Being close to a good college is top on the list, coupled with a safe, suburban area that isn't too congested. I've been looking at Oviedo and like it's proximity to UCF downtown. However, I'm not sure what kind of traffic my dd would have to endure. We've seen there are several community colleges that partner with UCF for their nursing programs and that is a viable option we would consider. Although, we'd really like her in a University 4 year program to begin with. I've seen Polk County mentioned. Are there any universities within an hour south of the parks? Specifically, we've been looking in Clermont, Oviedo and Lake Nona areas. We are considering leasing a home for a year to get a feel for where we need to be, but would not count out buying. We would like a 4b/2ba with a bit of spread between houses so no townhomes/condos. Can anyone provide input? Thanks so much!

Thanks so much. I will check into both. While it would be nice to be a 20-30 minute drive from the parks, a good college takes priority. If we could get in between, we'd have the best of both worlds! :)

There are regional campuses that offer a BSN in Daytona and Cocoa. There are also a few that offer a concurrent programs that partner with UCF. Those are located in Altamonte Springs, Valencia West, Lake Sumter State College and College of Central Florida are the ones we are currently checking into. After hearing that the downtown campus is in a high crime area, I think we would rule that out. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter