Safe, clean motel near 192?

Jenorsi

Earning My Ears
I know that the DIS folks don't recommend staying in the 192 area in Kissimmee. We are from Tampa and planning a trip to volunteer at Give Kids the World. We thought we'd do some shifts one day, stay overnight nearby and do another in the morning before heading back. We'd like to be reasonably close to GKTW though it doesn't have to be on 192. Looking for a no frills place that is not expensive but safe and clean. Any ideas? Thanks.

From Tampa on Hwy I 4 ..... turn onto Hwy 27 .... There are 4 or 5 Motels JUST There.

OR be not afraid and From Hwy 27 North turn onto Hwy 192 & there are several Motels on your Right.

Why are people scared of staying a short distance from Disney ?

Why are people scared of staying a short distance from Disney ?
192 is the oldest hotel corridor for Disney,way back in the days when there weren't 25 hotels at Disney,or hundreds of hotels in the Lake Buena Vista or International Drive area 192 was where people stayed.Today there are still some good places but you basically have to be careful and selective.Basically you just can't stay anywhere east of 535,the area has gone downhill and pretty much all you'll find are old run down places in a bad area.West of 535 all the way to US 27 you can still find some good places,like the Comfort Suites Maingate east which is not as inexpensive as the other hotels in the area.Maingate Lakeside resort is old but in decent shape if all you want is a place to sleep for the night.They've built an Embassy Suites on 535 just north of 192 which is obviously not cheap but it may be a sign of better hotels coming into the area because you will still find a lot of old places that need a total renovation or a tear down.

We have a nice place here in Celebration called Melia Suites, the Celebration Hotel (Bohemian - owned by Marriott) is very nice but more $. We are about 8 miles from GKTW and it takes about 15-20 minutes depending on the traffic on 192. Personally I would not stay anywhere past Celebration on 192...there are some not great areas the further down 192 you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter