Safari Park

Discussion in 'Southern California Theme Parks' started by tnshsms, Mar 21, 2012.

1. tnshsms

tnshsms Mouseketeer

We will be going to Disneyland for 3 days and then we want to do 1 day at Safari Park before Disneyland. (We've been to the SD Zoo several times but never to the Safari Park).

Are the "extra" items worth it? I understand that with admission I get this tram ride thing but I'll have a 4 year old(almost 5 year old) with me and with all the walking involved should we spring for another tram that costs extra? Maybe the cart safari? Many of the other options have an age requirement that is older than my 4yo would be able to do.

Your thoughts are appreciated!

2. sonnyjane

sonnyjane DIS Veteran

Oh man. It's too bad your little one is too young because I absolutely recommend the caravan safari. I did it last month and it was awesome to feed the rhinos and giraffes. The cart safari isn't going to really let you see anything different than the regular tram tour because they drive on the same road. The only difference is that it's a much more personal tour, so you could ask the guide questions if you had them as opposed to being on the larger tram and being a captive audience. It's really up to you if you think that perk is something you'd be willing to spend extra on.

3. tnshsms

tnshsms Mouseketeer

Thanks!