Sad to Cancel AKV Club

lilpooh108

DIS Veteran
:( I'm mapping out our vacations for the rest of this year, and next year and realized that we won't have enough points for what I want to do.

So I really should cancel the 2 nights of AKV Club level that I grabbed at the 11 month mark (hard to get, even then).b We had piggybacked it to 2 nights of value studio and thought that would be a fun stay.

Wahhhh. :sad:

First world problems, I know. Just had a tough year healthwise (medical procedure after medical procedure and more in 2 weeks) and was super looking forward to this. But I shouldn't complain...just thought you guys here would understand.

Or maybe get a transfer? It seems a shame to give up AK Concierge--so hard to get...and sounds like you deserve a bit of a self-indulgent treat!?

Good luck...

No...I really shouldn't get a transfer or pay for points. I actually rented out some points earlier this year to offset some of my unexpected expenses this year. It's just a shame b/c its 34 pts, which isn't alot in regular years but this year it will make a difference.

Again, 1st world problems and in light of the stuff we've gone through this year this is really nothing. Thanks for letting me vent.

What a difficult and brave decision. You know what is right for you and your family. And it sounds like by doing so you'll get more vacation time out of it. Which will eventually be good news.

Best wishes to you and hope you have a wonderful time and have a healthy 2013 and beyond.

I'm sorry you had to change your plans but if it will make you feel better I really wan't that impressed with AKV-club level. Sure, the lounge & extra service was nice but it wasn't spectacular and not worth the extra points in my opinion.

Buy yourself a bottle of Amarula at the gift shop and make your own club level experience inthe villa you do go with :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter