Sad News About Spike Milligan

Yes,

Only just heard about this - I love his books and the TV shows were brilliant.

He will be sadly missed.

I wonder if he was popular / known in the US?

:(

We were just in McD's when this came over the radio and we weren't sure if we had heard it right..Oh what a miss, DH thought he was hilarious

Thanks for the link, Bonzo. Sounds like the UK has lost a wonderfully talented man :(

I loved Spike. I've got loads of videos from the "Q" series, books of Goon show scripts, books of poetry and songs, tapes of sketches.......the list goes on.

His humour has been analysed and he was called a genius, not something that he was comfortable with, but which everyone else agreed. Without him there would have been no Monty Python, no alternative comedy, ( not as we know it today at any rate ).

Some of my favourite bits:

Stars are holes in the sky that let the light in,
but the holes are rather small, that's why the rain's so thin.

Spike walks on to a putting green and walks up to the flag. Someone says to him " You're standing on my hole" Spike replies, you must be a funny shape"

Spike knocks on door. Butler answers. Spike " We are Jehova's burglers and the police are persecuting us for our beliefs" Butler " What do you believe?" Spike " We believe you've got some nice silver in there"

Parkinson (an interviewer for our American friends) said tonight that he had asked Spike about his father. Spike said that his father had left a deep profound impression on his life. Parkinson asked why that was. Spike replied " Because he was a lunatic"

So long Spike. Thanks for everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter