Sad News about Rich Hyams

There is never a right thing to say to someone - wish there was - My family sends their prayers....
:rose:

This is sad news. God bless your family in this time of sorrow.

I've been missing his comments. Thank you for letting us know.

Bobbi

I am sitting here stunned at this sad news and I am at a loss for words. May God bless you and keep you during this difficult time and I know that Rich is in his Grand Villa in Heaven right now! Peace.......Kathy

As for many others, Rich was one of the first ambassadors of Disney and DVC that I 'met' on these boards. His unique sense of humor kept me coming back to read more until I became hopelessly addicted to this community.

His caption states it best:
A man, a legend, a way of life.

The legend will certainly continue here and his participation will be missed (especially on the familiar OKW vs. BWV discussions).

My thoughts and prayers are extended to your family.
Regards,
-Drew

:flower2:

This is indeed such sad news... Thank you for taking the time to let us know about Rich.

My prayers are with you and your daughter. His love for his family and especially, his dd, were evident in his many posts.

Rich has been and will be sorely missed by me and others here on the board. I will not only miss his invaluable contributions to the DVC board but his wicked sense of humor.

Originally posted by Richyams
..., but just wanted to let you know that he really enjoyed participating on this board - and I certainly remember many nights of him tapping away, giggling to himself as he shared his love of Disney and our DVC membership ...

Thanks for sharing this image with us. I can TOTALLY see him giggling while posting some comments to really push those "hot button" topics here on the boards. Especially, his perceived inferiority of the non-OKW resorts in terms of size, points requirements, and maintenance costs.

While we feel his loss, it is nothing compared to how you and your daughter feel. May God comfort you and yours now and in the future.

I am stunned and deeply saddened by this tragic news! I loved reading Rich's threads/posts. They were always witty, informative and extremely well written. I greatly admired his willingness to say exactly what he believed even when his opinions weren't the most popular. He made the DVC Board a fun place to be. His passing is a tremendous loss to the DIS.

My deepest sympathy to you and your daughter.

I sure will miss his straight forward approach here on the boards, having never met him, I must say I miss him already very much, may God be w/ him and your family.

Thank you for thinking of us on this board to post the sad news.

When I first joined this board I always loved to read Rich's post and the replies his posts used to get.....he sure had a way of getting a lot of replies ;)

We've been missing Rich for the past couple of months and will continue to miss him.

Much Aloha to you, your daughter, and family during this difficult time.

So sorry -- I haven't had the opportunity to read very many of Rich's posts but a few days ago I replied to a thread with a very sarcastic comment about the rumors fueled by DVC Guides. A fellow poster responded with: "Is that you, Rich?". I realize now what a compliment that was...:D

Very very sad. Rich is one of the reasons why I always wanted to check out a Grand Villa. He sure did love them. I hope everything works out for you and your daughter. A big grouphug:grouphug:from all of us at the Dis and DVC.

He's certainly been missed on the boards the past few months. I'm so sorry for your loss and have such fun memories of some of his posts and the people he managed to get riled up. LOL

My condolences to your family during this sad time. :(

I can only echo what others have said....I am SOOO sorry!!

I have not been on these boards long, but Rich's posts were some of the first ones I read. He had an amazingly witty sense of humor that always made the boards exciting!

He truly did become a legend on these boards. :grouphug:

:sad1:

Beca

Lisa, I join the many other DVC owners to offer my sympathy. I, too, have many fond memories of Rich from his posts regarding DVC. He brought this board to life with his unique viewpoints and love of DVC. He will be missed! Sandie B

I am so sorry. Rich will definitely be missed. I enjoyed reading his posts over the years and have even agreed with some of them.

I am truly sorry for your loss.

Our deepest sympathy to you and your family - he was a bright light on these boards and provided brilliant and witty observations and information. On more than one occassion we found his advice and responses to be personally helpful

Warmest Regards
jaysue (Jason & Susan & Sons)

So sorry to hear this. God bless you and your daughter at this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter