• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

s

I'd say stick with Poly. My BF and I took a walk inside the GF resort once and didnt feel right..It seemed like everyone around us was in either a dress or a suit..while we were in our casual clothing..:laughing:

Dont get me wrong: I dont have any problem with that resort at all..its beautiful! or the people that stay there...it just wasnt for us...we didnt expect it to be soo fancy!

I'd change to GF. To be fair, I have not stayed at the Poly but have visited numerous times. We just returned from our first stay at the Grand and it was HEAVENLY! The staff was SO friendly and attentive. Always greeted with smiles, "Hi" and "Have a Grand day!" We dressed up for dinner a few nights but rest of the time were in our shorts and t-shirts. Never felt out of place and it never felt "stuffy" as some have noted. The rooms were super clean. The entire resort including the rooms smelled WONDERFUL! We have stayed at several resorts and our favorite is now GF.

I don't know what your reason is for reconsidering, but I've been through this. I find you're always going to be happy with your first choice. Just remind yourself why you chose it in the first place.

Advantage Poly: We love MK and Epcot, and really liked being able to walk to the TTC from the Poly so we could monorail to Epcot faster!

Advantage GF: We visited here on our last trip, and found their counter service location and choices far superior to the Poly, if that's important to you.

Just remember that the GF is just a nice, short walk or very short monorail ride away from the Poly, so really you can stay at one and still easily make time to experience the other in your down time.

:thumbsup2

I've walked over to the GF many times to have breakfast at their counter service restaurant.

I stayed 10 days at the Gf in 2009 and 10 days at the Poly 1010. Poly wins for me. I thought the rooms were equally as clean at both, the customer service was waaaayyy better at the Poly, Counter service was better at the Poly, I just LOVED the feel of the resort. The GF~not so much...Nothing to speak of, nothing was bad, it just wasn't great either! I'll be honest, I didn't go into the Poly thinking that I would love it, the theme just really isn't my cup of tea....But I did!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter