S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog **New 6/14** Day 8/9 The End p. 19

Good for me!! ;)

Great idea! I pack snacks too, but no where as healthy. :worried:

We love doing this. It really breaks the trip up and stretching from so much driving is good!!

::yes::

I feel honored! :worship: And a big shout out to the lovely DawnMaree for booking our trip! :wizard:

party::bday::bday::bday: vroom VROOM :car:party:

ok.... OK!! Carissa I know it's not until tomorrow but I wanted to be FIRST :yay:

Great trippie report so far :thumbsup2

DawnMaree IS lovely! :maleficen

Hi Kar! :banana: Hard to believe it's been a year this month since DL :hug:

Actually, you're two days early, but I love celebrating my birthday so no complaints from me! :) Thanks Nat!

YAY you are all checked in! Oh I had such a pang of sadness looking at your cabin bunk pic, that was such a special trip for us, I adored those cabins. I couldn't agree more about the peace and quiet we absolutely loved it and I would like to stay there again. The full size bed aspect is a challenge, really my only complaint at all.

it's just a magical unique experience I think.

I'm glad you liked Sanaa, it is one of our favorites but I agree, 20 years in the military at a bare minimum should have gotten Chuck a cupcake a day, a card from mickey maybe even a special phone call!

Great update! The cabins look great. I'd love to stay there sometime. I also enjoyed your Saana report. We have an ADR there for August. I hope we get the same table!

Sanaa, I'll have to look at the rest of the menu. We have an ADR at Boma, but I feel, we've done that, why do it again. I would of never thought your family would eat there, but than again, you have been cooking very healthy foods, that last couple of months.

You sure don't live that far from WDW. It takes us 12 hrs, just to get to the Smokey Mountains. I do love road trips, but my stomache doesn't. I have to be so careful what I eat.:rotfl: WTMI!!

That table is amazing! What a great view! :goodvibes

Sounds like a good first night...settled in, good night's sleep....ready to hit the parks in the AM! :thumbsup2

YAY you are all checked in! Oh I had such a pang of sadness looking at your cabin bunk pic, that was such a special trip for us, I adored those cabins. I couldn't agree more about the peace and quiet we absolutely loved it and I would like to stay there again. The full size bed aspect is a challenge, really my only complaint at all.

it's just a magical unique experience I think.

I'm glad you liked Sanaa, it is one of our favorites but I agree, 20 years in the military at a bare minimum should have gotten Chuck a cupcake a day, a card from mickey maybe even a special phone call!

It was a wonderful experience. :) If we had been able to go during low season, the price would have been reasonable too.

Great update! The cabins look great. I'd love to stay there sometime. I also enjoyed your Saana report. We have an ADR there for August. I hope we get the same table!

I hope you do too! It was a really cool experience.

Sanaa, I'll have to look at the rest of the menu. We have an ADR at Boma, but I feel, we've done that, why do it again. I would of never thought your family would eat there, but than again, you have been cooking very healthy foods, that last couple of months.

You sure don't live that far from WDW. It takes us 12 hrs, just to get to the Smokey Mountains. I do love road trips, but my stomache doesn't. I have to be so careful what I eat.:rotfl: WTMI!!

We're all pretty adventurous eaters--even the kids.

We only had one incident of someone feeling sick on the drive, but it didn't amount to anything, thankfully.

That table is amazing! What a great view! :goodvibes

Sounds like a good first night...settled in, good night's sleep....ready to hit the parks in the AM! :thumbsup2

It was a great start to our vacation! :goodvibes

What a great dinner show you had!!!!

Loved all the pictures,but no picture of the toilet? :rotfl2:

Lovin the look of fort wilderness and those cabins :) It must have been nice for you adults that the kids had there own room to sleep in. Is a Murphy bed a "pull down from the wall" kind of bed that goes back up into the wall during the day? It looks so peaceful there even from the photos. Love the view from your dinner table too :thumbsup2 I can see how having your own transport would definitely be helpful if you wanted to eat at other resorts which I hadn't really entertained until now. Your meal looks gorgeous :)

Definitely think Chuck deserved some extra attention though :( Hope he's enjoying his retirement and I'm really glad you got to enjoy an amazing trip together as a family to celebrate because you guys deserve it too :)

What a great dinner show you had!!!!

Loved all the pictures,but no picture of the toilet? :rotfl2:

Do you remember in my trip report for Port Orleans Riverside I posted a picture of the toilet in their foodcourt? The one at Sanaa wasn't that interesting. ;)

Lovin the look of fort wilderness and those cabins :) It must have been nice for you adults that the kids had there own room to sleep in. Is a Murphy bed a "pull down from the wall" kind of bed that goes back up into the wall during the day? It looks so peaceful there even from the photos. Love the view from your dinner table too :thumbsup2 I can see how having your own transport would definitely be helpful if you wanted to eat at other resorts which I hadn't really entertained until now. Your meal looks gorgeous :)

Definitely think Chuck deserved some extra attention though :( Hope he's enjoying his retirement and I'm really glad you got to enjoy an amazing trip together as a family to celebrate because you guys deserve it too :)

Yes, that is a murphy bed. I totally meant to take pictures of the bed with it open and I forgot. I liked that the kids had their own room so we could watch tv or read at night after they went to bed. And they'd hang out in the bedroom watching tv when I needed some quiet time. ::yes::

Yes, it was helpful having a vehicle for that reason, but you could easily plan around that. There is a boat at Fort Wilderness that takes you to Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary. And since the Contemporary is a monorail resort, that gives you even more options. :thumbsup2

Cute pic of the boys peeking through the shirts!

The cabins are a good setup for you guys with the boys fitting in that room and you and Chuck the other. We stayed in them once...can't remember how we handled the sleeping arrangements.

Great seat at Sanaa!

Ahhhh, an evening boatride to MK... :cloud9:

Glad you slept well!

Yes, that is a murphy bed. I totally meant to take pictures of the bed with it open and I forgot. I liked that the kids had their own room so we could watch tv or read at night after they went to bed. And they'd hang out in the bedroom watching tv when I needed some quiet time. ::yes::

Yes, it was helpful having a vehicle for that reason, but you could easily plan around that. There is a boat at Fort Wilderness that takes you to Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary. And since the Contemporary is a monorail resort, that gives you even more options. :thumbsup2

I hadn't known of the boat to Wilderness Lodge/Contemporary but now you've got me thinking :lmao: The boat also goes to MK right??

Cute pic of the boys peeking through the shirts!

The cabins are a good setup for you guys with the boys fitting in that room and you and Chuck the other. We stayed in them once...can't remember how we handled the sleeping arrangements.

Great seat at Sanaa!

Ahhhh, an evening boatride to MK... :cloud9:

Glad you slept well!

I'd forgotten you'd stayed there.

Yes, the boatride was lovely!

I hadn't known of the boat to Wilderness Lodge/Contemporary but now you've got me thinking :lmao: The boat also goes to MK right??

There is a separate, bigger boat that goes to MK. And then a smaller boat that goes to the resorts.

Nice pictures. I took some of the same ones you did at Kidani just a few days ago. It looks like we will be lucky enough to stay there for two nights this summer. :cool1:

Jill and I have talked about staying at a cabin someday, but I do wish they had at least a bath and a half. Two toilets are sometimes 'in service' at the same time with our crew. ;)

I so enjoy seeing your family having good times together. These trips will be talked about for years to come. I suspect there will be a day when they will all be reminiscing to their own children about the good times three young brothers had together exploring this world. :goodvibes

Great pics from Sanaa! I've always wanted to check it out but I dislike Indian food. I'm not a picky eater in general but that's one type of food I've never learned to like.
Tom slept on the Murphy bed with either Jessica or Nathaniel and was fine with it. I agree that Fort Wilderness is a totally different way to visit Disney.

Amanda

How nice that there were no lines at check-in - I love when that goes smoothly! Isn't AKL so beautiful? You got a great view at Sanaa too!

Nice pictures. I took some of the same ones you did at Kidani just a few days ago. It looks like we will be lucky enough to stay there for two nights this summer. :cool1:

Jill and I have talked about staying at a cabin someday, but I do wish they had at least a bath and a half. Two toilets are sometimes 'in service' at the same time with our crew. ;)

I so enjoy seeing your family having good times together. These trips will be talked about for years to come. I suspect there will be a day when they will all be reminiscing to their own children about the good times three young brothers had together exploring this world. :goodvibes

Thanks Caren :) Another bathroom would be nice and even more important when you have little ones who have a hard time holding it. ;)

Great pics from Sanaa! I've always wanted to check it out but I dislike Indian food. I'm not a picky eater in general but that's one type of food I've never learned to like.
Tom slept on the Murphy bed with either Jessica or Nathaniel and was fine with it. I agree that Fort Wilderness is a totally different way to visit Disney.

Amanda

I can't say I like Indian food, but everything I had didn't taste different from what I normally eat. I love rice in any form. And the meats were just very tender. The sauce that the chicken was cooked in had a citrus flavor to it. Neither of mine were spicy.

How nice that there were no lines at check-in - I love when that goes smoothly! Isn't AKL so beautiful? You got a great view at Sanaa too!

The check-in building at FW is very small. I can't imagine a long line of people in there! :faint:

All caught up. What a relaxing first day! I love Kidani, one of my favorite resorts.

Question about the campground....where do you park your park? at the cabin or in a lot somewhere?

All caught up. What a relaxing first day! I love Kidani, one of my favorite resorts.

Question about the campground....where do you park your park? at the cabin or in a lot somewhere?

Hey Heidi! That's the great thing about the cabins--you park right outside your cabin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter