?'s about Disney Visa...

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by brergnat, Mar 13, 2008.

1. brergnat

brergnat DIS Veteran

Hi guys. I am considering applying for the Disney Visa so I can get a $40 Disney giftcard (offer for DLR AP holders). I also want to pay for my upcoming (May 2009) trip on the Visa to earn rewards dollars. I have looked online at the "terms and conditions" but there are some unanswered questions I have, and I was wondering if anyone could help me out before I apply for (yet another) credit card.

1. Disney Rewards is 1%, essentially, correct? $1/$100 spent. Is there an annual cap on how much you can earn?

2. Are there restrictions on where you can use the "rewards dollars". Specifically, at WDW locations. I would potentially use the dollars for meals (CS and TS). Are there any glaring omissions where these rewards dollars can NOT be used to pay? I assume any "non Disney" owned establishements are out, but any others I should be aware of?

3. What is the APR after the 0% intro APR?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cee

Cee DIS Veteran

Yes, 1 point for every $100 spent. I believe the cap is 750 in one year. That's
    $75,000 spent!

You can use the reward points for ANYTHING. It's wonderful.

I believe my APR is 12%. I pay it off every month so it's a non-issue. But
    you can always call and ask them to lower it after you've had it for awhile
    and proven yourself a good "risk".

Enjoy! :goodvibes

4. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

Moving to Budget board

5. gonemousin'

gonemousin' Mouse-a-holic

I'm fairly certain you can use the rewards card at the TS & CS restaurants. The only places I found that wouldn't accept it were the food carts that can only acccept cash - no computers for forms of plastic payment.

6. luvmy2sams

luvmy2sams <font color=deeppink>Proud Mommy<br><font color=00

1. Annual cap is $750 reward dollars.

2. We were able to use our reward card anywhere at Disney that takes credit cards.

3. Your APR will depend on your credit rating.

7. brergnat

brergnat DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies! We currently have another rewards card with the same earning %, but it is capped at $300/year. I was just wondering if the Disney Visa was similar. I don't think I could charge $75,000 per year if I tried! But, good to know. I might get a card simply for charging our hotel and park and plane tickets. If I can earn some sort of reward that can be $$$ used for our trip, that's awesome!

Thanks for the info! The $40 GC offer is not too shabby either, so I don't want to miss that one.

8. emh1129

emh1129 <font color=green>I admit, though, that I had Disn

We have had this card for about a year and a half. I know some people don't like Chase, but we've had good luck so far.
    We've used the rewards dollars at World of Disney and to pay for a picture at Akershus. I think you can use it almost anywhere Disney!
    Our interest rate is 9.74 but I know it varies from consumer to consumer.