• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ruth & James 10/04/11 *~* TR Day 7 updated 03/11 *~*

Hello again people....

After reading a fair few other PJs I've seen loads of good looking mood/illustration boards. I like doing boards (I did 4 years of art design/textiles at college and it was always my fave bit of projects) so I decided I'd give it a whirl.

Before we brought the BMs dresses we were originally going for purple, so I forced poor James into a trip to Hobbycraft :lovestruc brought loads of purple and silver items and started to make a moodboard - I wont show you all that mess lol

Obviously we changed our colour scheme to go with the BMs dresses. For our at home reception I still wanted a bit of purple so I've made a moodboard with teal and purple to see if they go together....

moodboard1.jpg

Personally I think they go together quite well....

Also today I'm on a day off from work :woohoo: so I'm looking online for a nice white dress thats suitable for walking around the parks. We plan on wearing our bride & groom ears.

I don't want anything overly fancy though... so far these are what I've found to my liking... I think I'd feel comfortable in these....
whitedress5.jpg

I liked the idea of a maxi dress...
whitedress4.jpg

whitedress3.jpg

whitedress1.jpg

please tell me if they're too boring??

I absolutely love your bm dresses and I think they go great with your original color of choice. They compliment each other very well on your inspiration board. Can't wait to see how else you encorporate the two. :lovestruc i also really like the idea of wearing a white dress around the parks with your ears, the ones you have found so far are all very cute and look comfy which is obviously a good thing at WDW! ;)

I love the white dresses. I had a similar idea for some days in the parks. It would be lovely to look all girly and bridal in the holiday pics :goodvibes

Can you believe how quickly the time is flying by? Me and Mum are having afternoon tea on the day of your wedding at GF. If your getting married around that time you might see a pair of mad women stalking your wedding from behind a tree :rotfl:

I love the third dress!

And love LOVE the purple and teal together. Two of my favourite colours, and they look great together!

LOVE the colors on the board!! They look great together!
And the white dresses look great!!!

Hi there!
I just read your PJ and everything looks great! I especially LOVE the Vivienne Westwood shoes! :lovestruc

Anyway, you had asked about Tanis and I'm not sure if anyone responded but I just wanted to tell you not to worry because I had Tanis and she was AWESOME!!!!! I love her!!! LOL...

Next time you talk to her, tell her Lori Gach (of Lori and Eoghan-pronounced own says hi!)...although I am still in contact with her, she'd get a kick if you told her I said hi. :goodvibes

Seriously, if you have any questions or anthing, let me know! You're so much closer now than when you first started your PJ! I'm sorry about the issue with your brother...:hug:

Just stay positive and cheery! It's your day! :flower3:

Can you believe how quickly the time is flying by? Me and Mum are having afternoon tea on the day of your wedding at GF. If your getting married around that time you might see a pair of mad women stalking your wedding from behind a tree :rotfl:

No, I honestly can't believe how quickly time is going by. I remember thinking last october 'OMG I have a year to go' & joining the DIS Boards in january with my ticker saying 8 months. It's scary & exciting at the same time.

We get married at 2.30 so you may well see us there, of course we may not see you if your behind a tree :rotfl:

Hello all...

Today I sent off for my passport renewal - can't really go to Disney without it :goodvibes

We went into Burton-On-Trent to go shopping and posted my passport forms, whilst we were down there we wandered aimlessly through the shopping centre.

I sort of knew which dress I wanted to walk around the parks in (It was the third dress in the previous white dress posts) so I wasn't exactly on the look out for white dresses.

But those who know me know I change my mind alot, we were walking past this shop that had a fair few dummies in the window. Suddenly I spotted this short white dress and immediatley knew that I wanted that dress.

We went in the shop and I tried it on, I didn't have to think twice about buying it.
mywhitedress1.jpg
mywhitedress2.jpg

These pics don't really do the dress justice, they really dont. But I dont have any pics of me in it so these are just to get an idea of what I'll be wearing. I'm also taking off the black flower and will replace it with a brighter colour - probably teal or purple to stick with my colour theme.

So thats another thing off my checklist...

Another thing was not in the slightest wedding related but it does involve the trip.

There are places we really want to eat and things we want to experience.

James wanted to go to Le Cellier Steakhouse, we left booking a bit late and it was looking grim, however we got a ressie on the 8th of oct. The only concern with this is that it's the day of our MK shoot - It's going to be one long (and I'm sure worth it) day - We've heard great things about this place.

I've also brought tickets to MNSSHP :-)banana::banana::banana:) for oct 2nd. I'm unbelievably excited by this, I really am! I was determined to experience this as I don't think we'll go back during october for a while after this trip.

I just just need to find a costume - at the mo I'm thinking rapunzel? but like I've said before I change my mind alot. So far I've wanted to go as.... Ariel, Belle, ghostbuster, Sally (NBC)... I love fancy dress.

No one at work understand my excitement on all of this so it's nice to let it out of my system :laughing:

That dress is gorgeous! Love it!
And yay for MNSSHP! I need to buy my tickets soon! I'm super excited about this as well!!! Brian and I may go as Jack and Sally, but I change my mind alot too!!

That dress is gorgeous! Love it!
And yay for MNSSHP! I need to buy my tickets soon! I'm super excited about this as well!!! Brian and I may go as Jack and Sally, but I change my mind alot too!!

I'd love to go as Jack and Sally but James wont go as Jack. I'm super excited too, lol I love Halloween and I love dressing up.

On a side note: 2 halloweens ago I dress up in this devil outfit that I got from a shop called Ann Summers. Me & some work friends went out that night all dressed up. We were sat at a table with our drinks and out of the blue my friends started laughing. I had no idea what they were laughing at so I turned around to see this lad wearing the exact same dress as me... I was so shocked! Was funny though :rotfl:
Here is the pic we took (my friend in the middle dressed as lady gaga
hallo1.jpg

I love your dress, so elegant and pretty!!

Congrats your 5 months away!! How exciting! :cool1::cool1::banana::banana:

Thankyou, I get so excited sometimes that I start to feel sick :laughing:

ooh! I really like that dress! So pretty!

Thank you, I can't wait to wear it.

Loving the park dress very cute!

Xxxx

thank you :goodvibes

I want to book a dessert party for the night before the wedding. The idea is the girls will be going to this as sort of a bachelorette type thing. My love for desserts drives me, I have cakes daily so a dessert party was probably designed with someone like me in mind :rotfl:

I'm getting impatient because I can't book it yet. Though the otherday the dates were 'up' I got excited and tried to book it but it said there were no times available. I nearly cried... then I nearly had a bridezilla moment and then I looked on the disboards to find it was an error with the dates and they are not bookable yet. Phew!

Whilst on the subject of booking things... we weren't going to do this but my insane thirst to try everything possible at WDW I couldn't help myself. I booked the haunted carriage ride. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I blame the DIS boards, I kept reading about it & knew I must do it. So on the 11th of October we will be riding the carriage.

Also today we went to the Riverside hotel in Burton to ask them about wedding receptions. They gave us a info pack and I think we are going to go for them. When we've figured out numbers we'll phone them up and have a look around. It's a good feeling to know we are actually sorting something out. As soon as we've booked it I can start thinking about favors and decorations etc.

ooh the excitement!

Yay for the carriage ride!! We need to go ahead and book ours!!
And so funny about the guy dressed up just like you!! That would have made my night!
The dessert parties are becoming available 3 months out. I'm ready to book ours too!

The other day me & James took a trip into Burton and booked our at home reception. On the 29th of October we will be celebrating our marraige at the Riverside Hotel :goodvibes

So now I can actually start thinking about decorations and things. :banana:

We're just over 4 months out and I'm being nagged at by some of my lovely work friends to sort out my hen night. :rotfl:

One of my other work friends suggested that we do a day in our nearest theme park - Alton Towers. I loved this idea, so we were going to get a group of us and head off there for the day and head into town at night.

We played around with the idea of everyone having a t-shirt with 'Ruths Hen Day' on the front and a different Disney princess's name on the back. I was going to have Ariel :lovestruc I was rather excited by this until a few weeks later someone took the wind out of my sails....

I got a text message of a friend who is also getting married this year and she was planning her hen night. Originally we were going to go away for the weekend but people drop out so things changed. She decided to go Alton Towers for the day (she hadn't heard of my plans at the time bless her) and needless to say i was a little gutted.

When she found out I laughed it off. I figured no two days are the same so I'm still going to go ahead with my plans.

My friends hen day happened this weekend & it was brilliant. I've been Alton Towers once before and I thought it was ok. This time I was a little more adventurous with rides.

I know these aren't my video's but I can't really do the rides justice by trying to describe them lol

First off we rode Rita... I was terribly nervous waiting to get on this. Proud of myself for going on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ew49LiOOmE

Then we went on Thirteen - the new ride. I've been wanting to do this since it opened! It was brilliant. For those of you who dont know what thirteen is it's a rollercoaster that has a few drops and you end up in a dark building. After a few minutes it drops down twice... about 5 meters in total, then you go backwards.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIHhWBHsoxA

I also rode the Log Flume - which broke down whilst we were going up hill. I hated it lol It kept jerking about constantly. Eventually we got to the top of the ride and we broke down (again). There was one of the ride operators near us and she gave us an evil grin, next thing you now were we moving forward again and off we went down the big drop. We all got soaked!

We followed it up with the rapids & Duel (which is like Buzz Lightyear only with Zombies and other horror creatures to shoot at).

Everyone else wanted to ride Air, so I held everyones bags. I didn't do air. I don't like going upside down, never mind on rides which are meant to make you feel like your flying. lol.

Here's a pic I took when I was under the ride.
036.jpg

This is Ripsaw. Poor people go upside down and get splashed in the face.
031.jpg
030.jpg

The rapids.
014.jpg
015.jpg

Most of our group did Oblivion - I didn't. I hate the idea of sitting above the vertical drop.
obliv.jpg

Alton Towers is great fun, it really is but I found myself thinking of Disney waay too much. I miss WDW :sad1:

It's been a while since I updated this...

just to put my own mind at ease I'm going to go through what we have done and what we haven't.

So far we've sorted out the following:

my dress is finished
got my accesories - tiara, necklace, earrings
got my shoes
got the rings
booked the reception who are doing the buffet and music.
booked the MK shoot
booked Beaute Speciale
picked ceremony music
found bridesmaid dresses
brought my park dress

we haven't:
finished invites
sorted out decoration for reception
men haven't been fitted for suits yet
cake for reception

there are probably other things we haven't done... but my minds gone blank :laughing:

Invites are first on that list because they're in my head at the moment - They're in progress. I really should get a move on because we're only 109 days out from starting our trip to WDW. Any way... These are what we've come up with so far. I enlisted the help of my future mother and sister in-law.

183.jpg

This is what it'll will say inside... but I think I may change it.

invitescript.png

It's soooo hard finding teal things :rotfl:

The other day I ordered a mickey mouse hole punch, to make my confetti out of. :banana::banana:

Thats it though, at the moment I can't afford to buy anything else yet. Pay days next friday though so that's a big help.

I need a money tree! Anyone got one they want to lend me? :goodvibes

I'd love a new camera because the one I usually use has broke a little. :sad1: that camera was a well travelled camera and it also came with me on many a night out. So yeah I'd love a new camera, add that to my list.

I also would like the wedding pavillion replica. I think it would be great to have that in my front room :cloud9:

On a geek level I now want/need a 3DS. I wasn't going to get one because I've fell out of love with Nintendo - which is big for me because I loved Nintendo as much as I love Disney. Anyway at the moment we're currently awaiting the release of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the 3DS. I loved this game as a kid, I really did and I would love to play it again, so there you are. One weird Disney bride wanting to relive her youth through video games.

Can't afford any of the above though so i'm going to have to practice patience.

Sorry to have bored you all :rotfl:

(sorry about the size of the photos, photobuckets being stupid)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter