Running track on the Dream

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by tink2007, Aug 1, 2013.

1. tink2007

tink2007 DIS Veteran

I love to run and want to run on our cruise. Can anyone tell me about the running track on the Dream please.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. RHSTigerMom

RHSTigerMom Mouseketeer

I'm with you! The track is on deck 4 and is about 3/10 of a mile I think. The port and starboard sides are open and the ends (forward/aft?) are enclosed so you have to careful with a slightly raised deck, like little speed bumps. Be careful of doors opening on on end because its the entrance to crew quarters.

4. tink2007

tink2007 DIS Veteran

3/10 of a mile?? Wow, I guess I'll be going in circles a lot. At least I'll have a beautiful view :)

5. jahber

jahber DIS Veteran

I've heard of people doing their long runs for marathon training on the track (20+ miles), but I just can't imagine. I prefer the treadmill because I don't like distractions (such as dodging people or looking around corners or entering narrow doorways). It breaks my concentration, and trust me--it takes all I've got just to keep running. I've got no extra brain power for looking out for wet patches or people walking the wrong way! ;)

6. Dug720

Dug720 SQUIRREL!!

2.5 laps = 1 mile.

7. Moxin

Moxin Mouseketeer

That makes more sense since the bigger ships have more track.

8. mrssmiddy

mrssmiddy Mouseketeer

If you run early in the day, there isn't too much dodging doors or people to do. And you will have an awesome view, as well as the sound of the ocean and the fresh air. 2 cruises, and I've never run on the treadmills, I much prefer deck 4.

9. mordecai

mordecai Mouseketeer

Yeah the track is closer to 1/3 a mile. We usually use it a few times but the treadmills are preferable since we don't like running in the "hallways" (it's a little claustrophobic). Don't forget about the Castaway Cay 5k!

10. tink2007

tink2007 DIS Veteran

I plan on doing the 5K. I'm running the Tower of Terror 10 miler the night before we leave on our cruise. I can't stop training just cause I'm on a cruise. :)

11. mordecai

mordecai Mouseketeer

You sound like my wife.

12. tink2007

tink2007 DIS Veteran

Ha ! She must be a fantastic lady :)