Running The Half, Dis Meets, Deluxe Dining,& SSR! BACK. Had a great time!

We are all going next Saturday--should be good:thumbsup2

I really hope it is, I think it will be.

:yay::yay::yay:

I read a review that said they kept a lot of the plot points from the book with the exception of a few. The only negative I've heard is that they don't focus on Harry finding out who the Half Blood Prince is that much.

HUH? How do they not focus on that? He does find out in the movie right?

We're going next Friday. I cannot wait!! :cool1:The trailer looks SO good. The sixth and seventh books are my favorite. I don't know what I'm going to do when I see the first part of the seventh one and then have to wait for the second part. I'm glad they decided to do two movies to make sure they don't leave a lot of stuff out from the seventh book. But man...that wait is going to kill me!!! I already feel like it's take F-O-R-E-V-E-R for the sixth movie to get here.

Well yeah especially when they push the release back 8 months lol! I'm glad they are making the 7th one 2 movies. You really can't leave anything out. But it is going to be annoying having to wait lol.

yay I get to read this thread from start to finish this time!!!

Hey!! yeah you do. That is good.

I think your food reviews are my favorite thing. I would have never thought about The Wave until your review. I think you had a picture of a steak( i'm not too sure) and my hubby thought it was a beautiful piece of meat.

I preordered tickets for it last night. We're going tuesday night at midnight!! WOO!! Can't wait. I hope they don't leave too much stuff out of the book. I can't stand that.

I know Jenny is going!! Anybody else?

I'm going next weekend with a bunch of friends. I'm so excited! I got my geeky Hogwarts shirt all ready to go. :laughing:

Your restaurant choices are great, but they are making me horribly hungry right now. By the way, Pooh and Tigger are usually also at 1900 Park Fare. They are so adorable.

Perfect timing!!!

I'm so glad you just updated your TR with dining, because I have a question for you.

I know you haven't done Deluxe Dining yet, but we are considering it for our trip in December because we would get to eat at so many Signature restaurants and only spend like $150 extra per person over what we would pay for the basic DDP.

Typically in WDW, we aren't huge eaters. We had the DDP in 07 when it still included the app, entree and dessert and just thought it was SO MUCH FOOD. But, for $100, even if we have to box up the dessert and eat it for breakfast and just skip it all together, it still seems like a good deal.

Do you think we should do it, or don't you? It'll be me, DH and DM and max we would have 2 reservations each day---early lunch and late dinner.

Wadda ya think? I need some expert advice. How did you and Tim decide to go with the DxDDP this time around??

I would definitely go for it if it's only going to be an extra $150. That is not bad at all. I would also do either a breakfast & dinner sit down, or early lunch and dinner sit down.

We decided to go with it this time because we want to try a couple of the two TS places, and we want to try a couple of new restaurants along with our favorites. it is annoying, well to me it is, to use up all your points and have to pay OOP. It just doesn't feel right to me lol. Maybe it is part of my OCD LMAO!! It's just nice to have it pre paid, then you feel like you are kind of eating for free.

Tim also always gets an appetizer, so at least with deluxe, they are included. Oh and so are your resort mugs :)

I think your food reviews are my favorite thing. I would have never thought about The Wave until your review. I think you had a picture of a steak( i'm not too sure) and my hubby thought it was a beautiful piece of meat.

Oh you reminded me, I have not done all my reviews yet lol! I have to work on them. Yeah I had the steak. So good.

I'm in!!! Can't wait for more. :)

YAY you're here!!!

I preordered tickets for it last night. We're going tuesday night at midnight!! WOO!! Can't wait. I hope they don't leave too much stuff out of the book. I can't stand that.

I know Jenny is going!! Anybody else?

:banana: You would have to preorder tickets for that one... and most def. for Twilight.

I hate it when they leave stuff out of the book too.. sometimes I then get confused on what was in the book and what was in the movies.. DUHHH :laughing:

popcorn::Disney Diningpopcorn::

Because I am a crazy person who plans ahead all the time, I have my restaurants picked out already lol. I don't know what dates we will be doing yet, I have to wait for the park hours to come through. And because of the meet, I think we are all going to Ohana the night of the race, Ohana will most likely not be on our first night like we always do.

Breakfast​

Crystal Palace- Love the food here for breakfast. Minnie's puffed french toast is delicious lol. Bad for you, but very good.

Kona- Tonga Tonga Tonga TOAST!!!!!!! I have not had it from here yet. I have it delivered to my room when we stayed at the Poly, and at Captain Cooks. No matter where I get it, it tastes amazing. We have done dinner at Kona as well, it's so good. OOh and I want to get the juice they offer at Kona for breakfast.

1900 Park Fare- This is new for us! I think it wil be fun to dine with some different characters. Alice, The Mad Hatter, and Marry Poppins are there. Not sure if anybody else is.

I did not pick a lot of breakfast places because Tim is not a big breakfast eater:mad: HAHA if it was up to me, we would be eating it more than 3 times at a sit down restaurant. ?

Believe it or not, we've NEVER eaten at any of those restaurants... we are headed to Kona on August 2nd, 2009 tho....I'm looking forward to trying that TONGA TOAST... I"ll def. be reading your dining reviews. I can't believe Tim isn't a big breakfast eater.. I LOVE BREAKFAST!! It's my favorite meal of the day.. dbf and I used to go to a restaurant here in Ottawa that serves breakfast 24/7 and we'd order it at like 11pm-2am..

Lunch​

Sci Fi- Love it to death here. Tim does as well. It is a must for him. I plan on going as soon as they open, at 11. It was so nice when we went that time in May. I'm definitely getting the BLT soup again, and my favorite dessert. It's some chocolate cake with warm peanut butter in the middle!!! YUM

Liberty Tree Tavern- This is new for us. The lunch menu looks really good. I think it will be a good place to try. The lunch menu looks better than the dinner menu to me. More variety I guess.

Yak & Yeti- New as well. I love reading reviews on Yak & Yeti. The place looks cool, and the food looks very good!!!

Biergarten- Must for us every trip

Coral Reef- We like the coral reef a lot. We want to go as early as possible. Last time we had dinner here it was a little loud, so I think if we go for an early lunch it will be a little more quiet.

your Lunches, Again, we haven't eaten at most of your choices....WE LOVE Biergarten... we had such an amazing time the last time we were there and the food was delicious and were gonna be at Sci Fi on August 1st... I love going to the drive in here at home.. so i'm really excited for this one.

Although, we've never eaten at the Coral Reef, we've did the Aqua Seas tour.. you should give it try.. it was amazing.

Dinner​

One TS places

The Wave- Um yeah this is like one of my new favorite places to eat. So good

Ohana- Always a must

Chefs de France- LOVE it. I love the inside of the place, and love the food.

Tutto- My favorite pasta dish is there.

Garden Grill- Tim really wants to eat here because of Chip & Dale. I hope I like the food because most of it is stuff that I don't eat, but I think it is worth a try. I also think it's cool that the restaurant rotates.

Two TS places

Jiko- So sad I did not try this in May. What was I thinking canceling this one? lol I'm getting the filet with mac and cheese

Brown Derby- I love it there!! Tim loves the crab cake from there. I love the banana dessert, I forget the name of it, but it is good!!

Yachtsman- Can't wait to try it here. Tim was drooling reading the menu.

Narcoossees- I'm really looking forward to this meal. Tim want's to get the surf and turf..

Wow, The only one out of all Dinner options we will have experienced is Jiko.. were' i'm really looking forward to eating the Filet and Mac'N'Cheese.

ohhh... we have so many more restaurants to experience.. this calls for an early May trip for us!!! :lmao:

Do you eat fish?

Counter Service Meals​

Sunshine Seasons- A must. Not sure if we will do lunch or breakfast

Wolfgang Puck Express- This will be new for us

Earl of Sandwich- Love Earl!!

Pizza Planet- We love it there

Cosmic rays- love it

And we may make a stop at casey's corner.

We will have 18 snacks each, so that is going to be a lot of Dole Whips, Mickey Heads, and Raspberry Lemonade icees lol

Counter Service.... We've hit a couple of these...our first trip down to WDW we didn't know about anything other than the counter services.. then i discovered disboards.. PHEW.

We love Earl of Sanwhich, Cosmic Rays and Pizza Planet. Best part is that it's quick and easy.

Lynn.. great post!!!

We'll be doing several of the same places as you when we go in November. We would be doing more of those places if I could just convince DH to get the DxDP. :sad2: We're doing the regular DDP for the first time this year, and I just cannot convince him to go deluxe. We are staying at the Poly, so I will definitely be loving me some Tonga toast! I have never had it, but I always drool over the pictures. I have to say, DH and I did not care for Yak & Yeti. We ate there right after it open, and we just felt it did not live up to all of the hype. I know a lot of people LOVE them, though, and I hope you enjoy it! We did Coral Reef for lunch. It was very quiet. I think our ressie was around 1:30. I love Crystal Palace for breakfast! That is where we're eating for by b-day! :yay:

Can't wait to read more!

Hey, Lynn! Goodness gracious,girl-you rock with your reports. I was so excited when I went to the told thread and read that you had already started this one!:woohoo:
It's really cool to hear about your running. I tried getting into it earlier in the year, but kinda stopped.:sad2: I really need to get back into it. When I first heard about the Disney half, I told my husband that we needed to make it our goal to run in Disney. You've inspired me to get back on track and maybe even try and make the 2011 half!:thumbsup2
It looks like y'all are going to be doing a ton of eating, but I don't blame you. If airfare and food are all you have to pay for, then I would definitely splurge on the deluxe as well. I've also been meaning to tell you that because of your great reivew of The Wave from your last report, the DH and I decided to try it out on our trip in September. We have an ADR for the very first day we're there!!:banana:

Holy crap look at all those ADR choices!! How in the heck are you going to eat all that?! :rotfl2:

I hope you get them all! They all look yummy. Love Sci-Fi and Tutto, lots of those that I'd love to try. I already can't wait for your reviews! :thumbsup2

I would definitely go for it if it's only going to be an extra $150. That is not bad at all. I would also do either a breakfast & dinner sit down, or early lunch and dinner sit down.

We decided to go with it this time because we want to try a couple of the two TS places, and we want to try a couple of new restaurants along with our favorites. it is annoying, well to me it is, to use up all your points and have to pay OOP. It just doesn't feel right to me lol. Maybe it is part of my OCD LMAO!! It's just nice to have it pre paid, then you feel like you are kind of eating for free.

Tim also always gets an appetizer, so at least with deluxe, they are included. Oh and so are your resort mugs :)

Thanks for the info, Lynn. I think we're going to go for it, the more time we spend relaxing, not running around the parks like crazy people---the better (for DH anyway ;)) Now I just have to decide between all of the awesome places---suddenly, 15 meal credits per person doesn't seem like very much at all :rotfl:

Hi. Where are you staying when you go? January is a nice time to go.

Thanks for reading.[/QUOTE]

We are staying at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge which will be a first for us!. We are Boardwalk and Beach Club DVCer's and normally stay over that way!

Very, very excited.

We haven't been in January for awhile because of our daughter's school conflicts, but she will be starting college this fall and doesn't have to go back until January 19 after Christmas Break which gives us plenty of time to hit Disney!!! :banana:

I'm so excited you've started your PTR! I'm also VERY jealous that you get to go in January -- that's when we went for our honeymoon, and I LOVED it! Unfortunately, being a school teacher means that we won't be able to go on our anniversary...until I become a college professor! :goodvibes

I'm anxious to hear how deluxe dining goes for you two. We are getting free dining on our trip in August - a first for us! I have a feeling that we'll be spoiled rotten and want it from now on! :thumbsup2

Good luck with all your training for the half -- I'm jealous! (I seriously think that I'm not made for running.) I'll be wishing you well!

Hi. Where are you staying when you go? January is a nice time to go.

Thanks for reading.

We are staying at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge which will be a first for us!. We are Boardwalk and Beach Club DVCer's and normally stay over that way!

Very, very excited.

We haven't been in January for awhile because of our daughter's school conflicts, but she will be starting college this fall and doesn't have to go back until January 19 after Christmas Break which gives us plenty of time to hit Disney!!! :banana:[/QUOTE]

popcorn::Disney Diningpopcorn::

Breakfast​

Crystal Palace- Love the food here for breakfast. Minnie's puffed french toast is delicious lol. Bad for you, but very good.

Lunch​

Sci Fi- Love it to death here. Tim does as well. It is a must for him. I plan on going as soon as they open, at 11. It was so nice when we went that time in May. I'm definitely getting the BLT soup again, and my favorite dessert. It's some chocolate cake with warm peanut butter in the middle!!! YUM

Liberty Tree Tavern- This is new for us. The lunch menu looks really good. I think it will be a good place to try. The lunch menu looks better than the dinner menu to me. More variety I guess.

Coral Reef- We like the coral reef a lot. We want to go as early as possible. Last time we had dinner here it was a little loud, so I think if we go for an early lunch it will be a little more quiet.

Dinner​

Yachtsman- Can't wait to try it here. Tim was drooling reading the menu.

Counter Service Meals​

Earl of Sandwich- Love Earl!!

These are all the ones we also have planned. I'm super excited.
I would try more that you have planned but I let my parents help a little. My dad doesn't want sea food or anything and my mom said she wants lots of steak and cheesecake. Aye aye aye!!

Signing In!!!

January is a great time to go! I went this last January and had an amazing time. The weather is great and the crowds are low, you guys will have a blast!!!

Love your ADR choices!!!!!! I hope you will be able to get them all!!! I too can't wait to have Tonga Toast...one of the things I'm definitely trying for the first time this trip!!!

HUH? How do they not focus on that? He does find out in the movie right?

I'm sure he finds out. It's part of the plot (obviously, it's the title!) but the person who wrote the review said it wasn't mentioned as much as in the book. That could just be that person's perception though.

Dining plans look great! I think you'll like Yak & Yeti. I went when it first opened; we got a couple appetizers to split. Everything was great!

Hey Lynn. Oh wow. You started your PTR already huh? Well, I'm in anyway.

I would love to go down there for the Marathon. Even though I haven't run like that since high school. Lol. I don't think I will be able to get the money together for a trip though. When is the deadline?

I also am looking forward to HP:HBP. I'm rereading it right now so it's fresh in my mind. I also heard good things. I might even get a sneak peek since my sister works at the theater.

Great meal choices.

We love CP for breakfast! I love all the choices and getting in the MK early is always a plus.

We are trying Ohana, SciFi, and Y&Y for the first time in October and I'm really looking forward to them.

We ate at Garden Grill in November. The food was okay. The character interaction was awesome and we saw them multiple times even though the restaurant was full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!