Running path/trials at POR

bwolfe

Mouseketeer
We will be at POR for the next few days and I will need to get in two early morning training runs. Are there marked paths anywhere around the resort?

The last time I stayed there I ran the path along the river from one end to the other.

This is from AllEarsNet

Port Orleans Riverside

A paved path is provided for either running or walking at this resort, as shown in the resort map. Covering 0.7 mile, this course follows the scenic, meandering Sassagoula River, forming a closed loop. An idyllic course, the scenery provides plenty to look at, as you wind along. The paths are wide and provide some shade along the way. They also provide a good view ahead of you, helping to prevent "unplanned introductions" to other guests.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/45147044/

This map starts at the front door of the resort and shows one where to run to get to OKW then DTD without running on a non-resort run. This particular 9 mile run looped OKW, Treehouses and SSR as well as DTD. THere are many ways to shorten the roundtrip. Note the pools at OKW and SSR as well as the intersection of the SSR bridge and golf course have water.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/45147044/

This map starts at the front door of the resort and shows one where to run to get to OKW then DTD without running on a non-resort run. This particular 9 mile run looped OKW, Treehouses and SSR as well as DTD. THere are many ways to shorten the roundtrip. Note the pools at OKW and SSR as well as the intersection of the SSR bridge and golf course have water.

This is very cool. I'll be tapering when we're at POFQ (I think it starts at the front door of POFQ, not POR, though it's a scenic easy run from POR to POFQ), but this is tempting!

This is very cool. I'll be tapering when we're at POFQ (I think it starts at the front door of POFQ, not POR, though it's a scenic easy run from POR to POFQ), but this is tempting!

Sorry, to me it is still Dixie Landings and POR - I still get confused with the resort.

If thinking of this loop, head out for a small jog during daylight to scope out the entrance to the Cast Member only path from the parking lot to Vacation Club Way. It is not obvious unless one is looking for it. I have run this path 4-5 times and never been looked at. Really the only time I have ever been stopped was at OKW when I was trying to run 16 miles and kept looping by the guard shack.

Note, if you are running pre-dawn, keep a look out for maintenance workers on the path between OKW and DTD. This path is used by the golf course and at times, traffic is heavy. Just hang off to the side until they see you. I have seen some wildlife along the path, but nothing that was not more scared of me than I was of it.... A Raccoon was the worst critter. Oh, the trailhead for the path between OKW and DTD is marked with a sign noting a Nature Trail.

If running DTD predawn, you will see some DIsney magic... The music system is activated through motion sensors. I have found a couple locations where I turned a section on as I entered. It's kind of fun to watch the resorts and DTD come to life as you run by.

Here is a link to the resort map with the trail marked. It is a short run so if you want to get in any decent miles you'll have to a couple of loops.

Even though it is short it is my second favorite place to run on property after the Boardwalk area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter