Running during the CP

Discussion in 'The College Board' started by ruckelc, Apr 1, 2013.

1. ruckelc

ruckelc Earning My Ears

Can anyone tell me if there are any good places to run near the apartment complexes at Disney? I really want to keep in shape to run some of the half marathons that take place on property but I don't know of any areas to run other than the resorts. How safe are the roads near the apartments because I would really like to avoid the treadmill.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pipermae

pipermae Mouseketeer

I don't know much about Vista Way (except they're in a super busy section - so be EXTRA careful around there) but Patterson & Chatham are in pretty safe areas. Just stay on the sidewalks. And there's a 4-way stop that a lot of people ignore, so watch out for that. Another suggestion I have, though it requires driving somewhere, is going to the hotels to run. It would be a nice change of scenery anyway :)

http://www.disneyrunning.com/wdwtrails.html

I'm planning on doing either the Food & Wine half or the half in January down there. I did the half in January 2012 and it was a LOT of fun!

4. ruckelc

ruckelc Earning My Ears

Yeah I plan on probably going to the Boardwalk area on off days to run because I have always wanted to run from Epcot to the Studios and back but I was hoping that wouldn't be my only route.

5. RogerRadcliffe

RogerRadcliffe Imagineering

The resorts are usually your best bet as there's lots of walking paths, especially with the value resorts as there's tons to see.

There's also the possibility of running the Showcase, but that would probably freak a few people out.

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

6. uttom300

uttom300 CP Alum

The resorts are great for running, lots of trails and pathways to run on. But to be honest the apartments are large enough that you can get all your running in there. You will have no problem finding excellent areas to run at.

7. jmclaugh

jmclaugh Earning My Ears

I lived at Vista, so I would run around the complex. It was pretty nice and a good amount of shade even when I ran later in the day. A loop around the complex was approximately one mile.

When I wanted distance I would run from Vista to Patterson and back. It's about a mile to Little Lake Bryan, 2 miles inside passing both Chatham and Patterson and back out, then another mile back to Vista, so 4 miles total. The mile to Little Lake Bryan can be really sunny, so you'll definitely want to save that for mornings. When I'm training for half marathons, I'd do the trip to Patterson and back twice and then run just outside of Vista Way (near the Vistana resort--nice and shady!) until I had finished the mileage I wanted.

My favorite resorts to run at are Boardwalk and Coronado springs! Swan and Dolphin are also really nice to add onto a run at the Boardwalk (very shady). I love running the resorts!!