runnin dis 1/2 marathon - which hotel to stay at?

wls23

Mouseketeer
which hotel to stay at? running dis 1/2 marathon
will be running in the disney 1/2 marathon in january.....which dis hotel should I stay at? what are the pros/cons of each?

may or may not have rental car....

thanks for your help

You might want to post this on the Resorts board...

There is so much variation among the resorts that it's not an easy answer. A lot depends on your budget, and on what else you'll be doing while you're there.

Here's the Resorts Board

All of the Disney resorts will have busses to and from the marathon. It is really up to you! If I am not mistaken the half ends closest to the Poly so that is one option. I imagine their are Disers at pretty much every resort-we are staying at Saratoga Springs.

Good luck with your decision and we will see you there.

I did read once on the resorts board that one of the resorts - i think OKW - is close enough to walk over to the start giving you more sleeping time before. I assumed this was the full-marathon start though, the 1/2 marathon has a seperate start line.

We currently have ressies at All Stars Movies - just because of the rate. If the codes offer something decent during the marathon, we will probably move up to a moderate. I have stayed at the values and deluxes before, so I would love to give the moderates a try! ::yes::

Like sap1227, it is my understanding that all of the resorts have transportation to and from the marathon.

My three sisters and I are staying at Wilderness Lodge. Because that's my favourite resort.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Right now we have a $199.00 rate but I'm hoping that a AP rate is gonna come through for us soon.

It doesn't matter where you stay, you'll find people who love/hate every resort. Go where your budget allows or as in my case where I want to be.

See you at the start line. (I'm not sure I'll make it to the finish line):crazy:

LOVE the Wilderness Lodge, Susan!! I wonder if any of the holiday decorations will still be up? The Lodge was beautifully decorated during our stay - I can definitely appreciate it being a favorite of yours. ::yes::

PS: I am sure your sisters will make sure you cross that finish line. I know mine will! :teeth: :crazy:

Originally posted by Susan--Ontario

See you at the start line. (I'm not sure I'll make it to the finish line):crazy:

Oh ::yes:: you will ! You are going to make sure you don't do any more damage to your foot (tell that little DD moppet of yours to keep off of it!), and you will be fine. I'm already planning the pictures of the 4 of us in our "family T-shirts" with our medals.

LYMI :D
Mary-Liz

I agree with you MAry Lizz! She will finish this half marathon! Even if it means we have to carry her across the finish line! NO ONE WILL BE SWEPT!

I don't think I'll be swept; just run over by the sweeper truck.:earseek:

It's still 12 weeks away and I know that we'll all be standing ??
tall at the finish line.:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter