Runners: I have a question!

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by littleangie, Oct 22, 2012.

1. dis-happy

dis-happy DIS Veteran

It's low-tech, but I use a Pampered Chef kitchen timer for pacing! It clips to my waistband or running belt, or I just hold it in one hand (it's light). I set the timer to one minute, start each minute with the running portion, then walk until it beeps again...push a button and start all over.

There's a second setting that counts up at the same time I am doing intervals, so when I do a distance day I can see how long it takes me overall. I also use it to keep track of the 30 mins during the week.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ghoulishgirl

ghoulishgirl I love Halloween and am afraid of butterflies

Update: Garmin has asked me to reset the watch and then if that doesn't work, I need to send it in to get it fixed. The good news is it is still under warranty.

4. Ariel484

Ariel484 DIS Veteran

Good luck!! Just FYI...I think there are 2 kinds of resets you can do on a Garmin and one of them will erase any data you have, so you may want to transfer your runs to the computer first (if you use the software or Garmin Connect) just to be safe. I know the 10 doesn't hold a lot but just so you know. :)

5. ghoulishgirl

ghoulishgirl I love Halloween and am afraid of butterflies

Update: Garmin sent a new Forerunner 10! I just got it and haven't charged it yet, but the irony is, I was using the intervals to get up to 30 minutes of solid running and of course, I'm up to 36 minutes now and don't need the interval beeps! :rotfl2:

6. dburg30

dburg30 Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I

I was just reading about the 10 and it only show 5 hours battery life in training mode.. is there a race mode also that lasts longer or is 5 hours the most you will get out of it?