Rumors of the future.....

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by bom_noite, Apr 8, 2006.

1. bom_noite

bom_noite <font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006:

Ok we all know of the rumors about Animal Kingdom, Contemporary and maybe Eagle Pines. Ok, for the sake of argument they build all 3 of them over the next 10 years!

Now we are in the year 2016 and Eagle Pines is 60% sold out! What is the next rumor? What would you envision us discussing 8 to 10 years from now?

I am saying just within the confines of WDW and as it exists today! And, I guess I am looking for - what is practical vs what is cool! You may say: Villa's at Poly (but on what land?) - the only way it works is they gut the existing buildings?

I have some ideas after looking at maps and running this question through my mind a few dozen times - but - am always learning from the very smart folks on this board! So, point the way!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TeresaNJ

TeresaNJ Full time stay at home crafter!

There seems to be a ton of empty land filled with trees between the Grand Floridian and the MK. My husband and I were commenting on this on our trip last month, thinking "wouldn't that be a great place for the next DVC?"

4. Happy Birthday Cat

Happy Birthday Cat <font color=teal>Wonders if the <font color=deeppi

2016: The Villas at Castaway Cay.

HBC

5. cobbler

cobbler <br><font color=blue>Tag #1: (Under Construction:

Poly.

6. mbhoxsie

mbhoxsie DIS Veteran

Excellent... :smooth:

7. erikthewise

erikthewise Guest

I wouldn't buy. I might not even stay for free! Rumors are the bugs eat you alive after sunset, though I suppose development would include dealing with that issue. Also anyone on the island after the boat leaves gets put to work. :teeth:

8. bpmorley

bpmorley Can wear the Mickey Ears with the best of them

All star Villas, Carribean Beach Resort Villas, Coronado Springs Villas. How about Magic Kingdom Villas?

9. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

I think we will be talking about the DVC Cruise Ship Stateroom Villas - points to take cruises every year on the Disney Cruise Line. Think anyone would jump on those?

Best wishes -

10. bpmorley

In a heartbeat

11. Jen D

Jen D DIS Veteran

It would seem to me if they did AKL, Poly, Contemporary and EP, the market might be pretty well saturated. Unless, of course, there is a fifth park...

Outside WDW.. I think in the next decade they will find a way to do something at Disneyland, though I don't know how.

12. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

They will be adding nursing staff and physical therapists to OKW for the retirement home there. However, you cannot use points to visit the nurse or for PT, you must use your Disney VISA card.

13. TriMom

TriMom <font color=red>SWIM BIKE RUN<br><font color=blue>

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

14. byoung

byoung <font color=coral>You are keeping us alive<br><br>

Ok we all know of the rumors about Animal Kingdom, Contemporary and maybe Eagle Pines. Ok, for the sake of argument they build all 3 of them over the next 10 years! ---- Ep No not Disney.

Now we are in the year 2016 and Eagle Pines is 60% sold out! What is the next rumor? What would you envision us discussing 8 to 10 years from now? --- EP does not belong to Disney.

I am saying just within the confines of WDW and as it exists today! And, I guess I am looking for - what is practical vs what is cool! You may say: Villa's at Poly (but on what land?) - the only way it works is they gut the existing buildings?---The DVC resorts are better.

I have some ideas after looking at maps and running this question through my mind a few dozen times - but - am always learning from the very smart folks

15. Stitch 03

Stitch 03 Mouseketeer

Based on the idea that Disney wants to add DVC to all resorts (I'm guessing just deluxe), I would say the next big rumors are:

Poly - They would either transform 1 or 2 current buildings or remove the luau. Or a combination of both.

GF - Again transform one or two of the buildings. Ther is also re-configuring the drive up to the hotel to create room for a new wing. It would look across the monorail beam to the pool and seven seas lagoon.

Other possibilities:

The moderates

If it appears that a 5th park will be built, I will expect rumors of it including a DVC resort (placed in the same manner as the GC at DL or the DLH at DLP).

16. DrTomorrow

DrTomorrow Your Disney friend from the Future!<br><font color

And the reason that SSR is so gosh-darned big: room for DVC cemetaries....

17. Stitch 03

Stitch 03 Mouseketeer

DVC cemetaries - I can go for that. The maintenance fees better not include charges for mousekeeping, transportation and lifeguards though, as I do not plan to make use of those services.

18. bpmorley

Maybe they could move the old Skyway to Tommorland over to SSR.