Rumor: PUSH Going Away - UPDATE in Post #32! Another update in Post #36

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
Just heard a rumor that PUSH the talking trash can at MK might be going away. Cast members are saying his last day is Saturday. If I hear anything more, I'll post here.

Just saw that too. I wonder how many people's trip will be "ruined" now?!?! Ha!

Just looking at another thread, I was reminded of how Remy is no longer at Chefs de France. Now that my DD is a little older (3 yo), and can appreciate these small things; they're starting to disappear. We ate at Chefs de France a couple of months ago. She would've been talking about Remy all day that day.

Will it ruin my trip if Push is no longer there? No, of course not but I did really enjoy spotting him. The interaction with Push was hilarious. Is Wes Palm gone from the Animal Kingdom, too?

Count me as somebody who is not having their trip ruined if Push is retired. Can't say when the last time I bothered to watch. Really. pirate:

Count me as somebody who is not having their trip ruined if Push is retired. Can't say when the last time I bothered to watch. Really. pirate:

I feel the same way.

However, it was neat to know this was a unique entertainment perk...

Maybe he'll be replaced by something bigger and better?

I feel the same way. However, it was neat to know this was a unique entertainment perk... Maybe he'll be replaced by something bigger and better?
we can only hope something new comes. I liked Push sad to see him go and some of these other little pieces of magic I hope Disney brings in some new things.

I feel the same way.

However, it was neat to know this was a unique entertainment perk...

Maybe he'll be replaced by something bigger and better?

A new Push that uses the Magic Bands to interact personally with random guests would be one of the ways the RFID aspect of the bands could be leveraged in the parks. The same could be said about Remy. They are both exactly the kind of character that would be perfect as a first test of the idea.

It is a logical progression of the living character initiative that was spoken about a few years ago.

A new Push that uses the Magic Bands to interact personally with random guests would be one of the ways the RFID aspect of the bands could be leveraged in the parks. The same could be said about Remy. They are both exactly the kind of character that would be perfect as a first test of the idea.

It is a logical progression of the living character initiative that was spoken about a few years ago.

Didnt they say early on that characters would be interacting with guests due to MB technology? I distinctly remember birthday greetings by name being mentioned. Hmmm...

Didnt they say early on that characters would be interacting with guests due to MB technology? I distinctly remember birthday greetings by name being mentioned. Hmmm...

It was given as an example of what they could do and might have even been mentioned in a patent filing.

It may not ruin a trip but it was one of those special Disney touches. I am sure it was lots of the small things that Disney does that hooked all of us. When they start taking it away it is sad.

Think of all the children that didn't get to laugh, run around, try to figure it out.

Someday Disney may be just a mere shadow of what it once was. That would be sad.

I will miss Push. My grandchildren always had a great time when they got to see Push.

You know that once you finish moving, you are not allowed to assert or imply that that your "trip" was "ruined." :goodvibes

You know that once you finish moving, you are not allowed to assert or imply that that your "trip" was "ruined." :goodvibes

They say the longest trip begins with a single step. Presumably that's true for the shortest trip as well. :moped:

I am sad that Push will be gone. Push was a charming edition to Tomorrowland.

It was hilarious to watch the kids stick their heads in to see where that voice was coming from.

I hope that something better entertainment wise is coming but I will believe it when I see it.

At least I can continue to enjoy him on youtube. :thumbsup2

I enjoyed watching kids interact with Push - it was cute and a nice break for me.

It won't ruin my trips but it's a shame that Disney is getting rid of yet another small piece of magic in the parks.

It may not ruin a trip but it was one of those special Disney touches. I am sure it was lots of the small things that Disney does that hooked all of us. When they start taking it away it is sad.

Think of all the children that didn't get to laugh, run around, try to figure it out.

Someday Disney may be just a mere shadow of what it once was. That would be sad.

I will miss Push. My grandchildren always had a great time when they got to see Push.

I agree with Kathy. At Disneyland, besides Push, there was Lagniappe, who was a mime that rode a unicycle in New Orleans Square. He made a lot of people smile, and I still miss seeing him, though it's been years. Also, I would stop to watch Push interact with guests or characters, and we used to have Lady Devine at California Adventure. My trips were definitely enhanced by watching these characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter