*Rumor* Iger at WDW

That's a bummer.

I only hope they have their ducks in a row about this thing and are waiting to announce it right before shovels hit the dirt.

I hope this stuff is ready before my 2 and 3 year old are teenagers, with the way disney has been with construction lately, i wouldnt be surprised.

Or are we setting ourselves up to be let down by Iger and company yet again at WDW?
I actually believe we may see them do a kong on this and start construction and then announce later. Infrastructure work has already begun with the construction of the black box theater by ToT and RnRc.

Lee at wdwmagic says it's very likely that disney gives info about current projects at D23 and then just teasers of things to come at DHS.

They've been teasing us for nearly a decade. I think it's safe to say that WDW fans in general and DHS fans in particular are teased out. Not to mention Star Wars, Marvel and Pixar fans.

More shovels, less tease please.

Mind you, as long as they feel that they must offer discounted multi-day passes to keep people on property, you'll probably never get 4 great parks worth $100 a day. Whatever the average cost of the extra (non-MK) days is for the average customer, you're going to get 3 parks that are worth that much. Probably half-day parks in the $50 range.

It averages out ... Epcot is something like a 2/3 day park, if you enjoy tame educational rides and shows that are practically never updated. DHS is slipping to about a 1/3 day park but it looks like they'll bring it back up to 1/2 day ... probably over a very "deliberate" schedule that will take until 2022 or so. AK is a solid 1/2 day park and will increase to maybe a 5/8 day park with Avatar.

At this point they need to just close everything at DHS except for ToT, RnR, and Fantasmic and MAYBE Toy Story. Create a temporary backdoor entrance near Fantasmic and allow entrance as part of an Epcot ticket (or PH obviously) and go to town on construction, full steam ahead and open up a brand new revamped park in less than 3 years Star Wars Land and all. In the mean time, you can eliminate tiers at Epcot and DHS as Frozen, TT, Soarin, TOT, RNC and Fantasmic/TSMM would create enough offerings to spread things around evenly. Obviously I know this would never ever happen, but I thought it was an interesting idea.

Dave at wdwmagic says that an announcement for WDW Star Wars at D23 is unlikely but disneyland announcement is.
Lee at wdwmagic says it's very likely that disney gives info about current projects at D23 and then just teasers of things to come at DHS.

Well - this wouldn't surprise me. I don't think you will see details about the projects - just a general announcement of a MAJOR project and maybe a few pieces of concept art.

Well - this wouldn't surprise me. I don't think you will see details about the projects - just a general announcement of a MAJOR project and maybe a few pieces of concept art.
That's exactly what they are saying is most likely.

Off topic for the thread - it is technically true that there are more "rides" at DLR than WDW, but there is still a lot more to DO at the four parks in Florida than at the two in California.

It was off topic, I'm sorry. I meant to add to the question with my point that with the changes coming to WDW before 2021 WDW could
have more rides than DLR in the end hopefully. However, I've now seen that article floating about another potential billion dollar expansion at DLR.

So much for that then!

I only hope they have their ducks in a row about this thing and are waiting to announce it right before shovels hit the dirt.

I would like to see this as well...unless they are planning on waiting another year to break ground! However, with all the work they're doing to prep HS, it does seem like maybe they're getting ready for something.

That's exactly what they are saying is most likely.
It's not perfect but its something. I have to say though that they need to start doing something because HS is just sliding by right now. Just look at fast pass selections and its a joke

DHS is awful right now! I would love to hear something concrete about their plans. I agree that this is not the time to tease anything.

AK will hopefully be much improved with Avatar and the night show. Epcot is just ugh.

Thank goodness for MK.

DHS needs a full DCA style makeover to be completely fixed. That park is a mess right now. If I were taking a week long trip there anytime soon I would honestly not bother going.

I doubt that a DVC expansion or an 4 year old project in mid-development would draw Iger to the parks. I wouldn't think a DHS "announcement" would be done from WDW, with the board either. I suspect this is more a "buy-in" visit to try selling a DHS option to the board. I'm not sure whether it's good or bad if you need a site visit to get the board to commit to something.

j

Lol. BoD's don't get proposals except to approve them. However a BoD member has a legal and fiduciary responsibility to shareholders i.e. they can get sued if they did not perform due diligence.

And Iger gets to Orlando often.

Being a said shareholder I'm quite happy with the 20% returns I've been getting on my stock. The only way you can hate Iger is if you are posting how much you love Disney but don't actually own any Disney.

DHS needs a full DCA style makeover to be completely fixed. That park is a mess right now. If I were taking a week long trip there anytime soon I would honestly not bother going.
We are taking an 8-day trip and the only reason we plan to swing by HS is for streetmosphere, a Starbucks mug, TSMWM so I can let hubs beat me, and so Mr. Littles can have a stroller nap walking the Boardwalk after lunch Akershus. Maybe we hit GMR and B&B, but probably not the Disney Jr show - the puppets are creepy.

It averages out ... Epcot is something like a 2/3 day park, if you enjoy tame educational rides and shows that are practically never updated. DHS is slipping to about a 1/3 day park but it looks like they'll bring it back up to 1/2 day ... probably over a very "deliberate" schedule that will take until 2022 or so. AK is a solid 1/2 day park and will increase to maybe a 5/8 day park with Avatar.

So from this I assume your trips to Disney World are only 3 days long...right? (2/3 day for Epcot, 1/3 DHS, 1/2 day for DAK which is 1.5 days, then I assume at most another 1.5 days for MK.)

Last time I was at DHS and Animal Kingdom was 2006 maybe 2007 I forget. I went to Epcot 2 years ago and have been to couple of Halloween party's at MK since 2006. Until customers become more like me, I fear everything will be all talk and no go. Disney needs a good dose of Supply and Demand reality, its too bad they are not getting it.

Here is some info From Dave at wdwmagic

Multi phase makeover of the park

Hollywood and sunset boulevard will not be touched much

Pixar first

Star Wars phase two

Some backstage areas will become on stage and vice versa

1. Multi phase makeover of the park

2. Hollywood and sunset boulevard will not be touched much

3. Pixar first

4. Star Wars phase two

5. Some backstage areas will become on stage and vice versa

1. I think we all saw that coming
2. Good. I like both areas although I'm hoping they alter the layout so that Sunset loops around to a new area instead of just "dead ending".
3. Toy Story Playland, I presume?
4. I figured we were going to have to wait for that.
5. I assumed there would be some new onstage areas but the reverse is a surprise.

Multi phase makeover of the park

Hollywood and sunset boulevard will not be touched much

Pixar first

Star Wars phase two

Some backstage areas will become on stage and vice versa

This is ultimately what I thought was going to happen and is the most fantasy armchair Imagineering to actually come to life, if true. They really need the Pixar rides to diverse to younger children for this park. Following with Star Wars will attract a larger base to not only Hollywood Studios, but the Walt Disney World resort. It is the most logical thing to make this park feel whole. I just really hope that this actually gets implemented. I won't even be that upset if takes until 2019 (30th anniversary) to complete, as long as it opens up in phases (as you mentioned and is rumored).

1. I think we all saw that coming
2. Good. I like both areas although I'm hoping they alter the layout so that Sunset loops around to a new area instead of just "dead ending".
3. Toy Story Playland, I presume?
4. I figured we were going to have to wait for that.
5. I assumed there would be some new onstage areas but the reverse is a surprise.
3. Yes and maybe a cars ride or something different

They are going to go nuts for the next 5-6 years to make everything unbelievable for the 50th anniversary. I have no doubt whatever the announcement will be spectacular and achievable by that milestone date.

So after surfing around the web and reading multiple sites it seems Iger is currently at WDW with other higher ups to have meetings. The rumors are that this is in regards to a revamp of DHS (along with other things like AVATAR, Wilderness Lodge expansion, etc). And now with the news of the Magic of Disney Animation closing soon, this wouldn't be a surprise at all. What does everyone think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter