Rumor fm the Parks

Sarangel

<font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<
According to a CM in the Disney Gallery, you will now be able to make ressies for the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet up to 30 days in advance. They were still trying to work out the details, but the short version seems to be that you can call guest services to make the ressie!

Sarangel

I do not have the heart to tell DH who was in line at 4:30am Easter week for our tickets. It makes sense to try early with PS with a no cancel policy as there are so few seats each show.

Don't worry about your DH, they only *just* started taking ressies, so during Easter, that was the only way to get them...

I'm still trying to rationalize paying $41/pp for dessert.

Sarangel

Wow that sure is great news. Glad to hear there is no more standing in line. But like you said, $41 for dessert is kinda steep. Especially for a family of 3. $123 for dessert!! :earseek:

Just a thought...but if you REALLY want to do the buffet, don't you think you'd have a better shot at it by waiting in that line? It seems like it's a lot easier to pick up a phone and call, and therefore, more people will be doing it. And then you run into that whole trying-to-get-Cindy's-for-the-character-breakfast telephone fiasco. Been there, done that. {{{shudder}}}

Of course, we just got back from our DL trip, and don't see ourselves returning for years, so meanwhile I'll follow it here and see how it works out. It would have cost us $164 for the 4 of us (me and 3 kids) and I decided I DIDN'T want to wait in that line that early; we luckily found a great spot to watch Fantasmic 10 minutes before the show.

I do hope the new policy works out well.

I'm so excited! I had resigned myself to not being able to do the dessert buffet because I would never be able to get my 10/almost 11 yr old DD out of bed in time to stand in line. This is great. Does anyone have the phone number for ressies?

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: ;)

This is the number I got from another site: 714-781-4400. I hope this works out, I want to get these seats!!:D Good luck to all!!

I was just at Disneyland last week, and ALTHOUGH I THINK ULTIMATELY IT WILL BE BETTER, I was super disappointed. The new policy went into effect on Monday, July 2. We went on Tuesday, July 3. We were first in line, after leaving our hotel in Glendale at 4:30 AM.
When the window opened (by the way, they opened it special for us, since we were waiting. According to the window clerk, the new policy states that the window won't even open until park opening - not early entry). When we stepped to the window, we were informed that the first show was sold-out already - one day into the new policy.
We did get six tickets for the second show; sadly, the man behind us, who also wanted to purchase six tickets wasn't able to do so, since there were only three left. It was sad, because we had been talking, and felt pretty secure that his family and my group would be 12 of the guests at the first show.
Then, after convincing my friends to do this wonderful show, the show ended up being cancelled due to first a technical difficulty, and then when they were trying to fix it, it started to lightning. We got our money back - at 11:15 (the show was 10:30), and so the whole thing was a disaster!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter